Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Or you can forgo all that work and simply replace the battery up front with a light weight version such as Braille.

Billet Specialties Battery Trays for XS and Optima

Billet battery Mount for XS Power

Billet Specialties battery mounts secure your high performance battery with style. Machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum for strength our battery mounts hold the battery firmly in place and provide a rigid base to mount to the vehicle.

XS Style Battery Mount
      Product Features
      • Stainless hardware Included
      • Recessed bottom tray locks battery in place
      • Fits the following XS style batteries:
      • S1000 / D1000
      Available in 2 finish options

Name:  248920.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  8.8 KBName:  248925.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  13.4 KB

Billet Battery Mount for optima Batteries

Billet Specialties battery mounts secure your high performance battery with style. Machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum for strength our battery mounts hold the battery firmly in place and provide a rigid base to mount to the vehicle.

Optima Style Battery Mount
      Product Features

• Stainless hardware Included
      • Recessed bottom tray locks battery in place
      • Fits Group 34/78 Optima red top P/N 8004-003 or yellow top Batteries P/N 8014-045
      Available in 2 finish options

Name:  248915.jpg
Views: 1416
Size:  9.1 KBName:  OptimaBattery-In-Tray.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  12.1 KB

Click here for more info

Quote Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
      Or you can forgo all that work and simply replace the battery up front with a light weight version such as Braille.
      i liked the idea enough to add one even though i had already installed a yellow top in passenger side trunk with 2 gauge. It wasn a lithium battery but a compact AGM type from odyssey, it fit like a glove even left space for my catch can and window washer tank retrofitted from a 2002 ford with built in fluid pump.
      why? because although the set up had never failed it had a slow crank when at full operating temps, not to mention our 100 deg plus temps.
      now it cranks over like a shot at any temp like its suppose to. About 2' of 0/1 gauge from the battery to starter and about 1' of 0/1 gauge to ground.
      Name:  battery.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  92.3 KB

I just saw today Braille has their own battery box/hold down offered for these batteries.

saw that one, pretty clean, this is the one i bought out of L.A. for 35 bucks delivered sans battery of course.
      Name:  BAT.BOX.JPG
Views: 1314
Size:  35.5 KB

I tried those small lithium batteries in my Harley years ago. Great for space constraints, but they performed miserably in cold weather.

had a phantom lithium in my hog too and had no issues, the odyssey is an AGM glass mat if not mistaken with a steel case to asssit with heat, hope it lasts, well see.

Question; what triggers the relay when I turn the key to energize the solenoid post going to the starter?

On my current external relay the previous owner did under the hood, there is a wire going to the small post right next to the large post that the battery/alternator wire attaches to. Is this the wire I need to extend to the new relay in the trunk and put it in the same place?
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
      Question; what triggers the relay when I turn the key to energize the solenoid post going to the starter?

On my current external relay the previous owner did under the hood, there is a wire going to the small post right next to the large post that the battery/alternator wire attaches to. Is this the wire I need to extend to the new relay in the trunk and put it in the same place?
      See link, its how i did it.
      http://garage.grumpysperformance.com...y-starter.299/

Quote Originally Posted by MAGONSTERZ68 View Post
      Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like I'm right. I appreciate it!
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyvol View Post
      I'm glad I found this write up since I'm in the process of relocating my battery on 67 Camaro to the trunk. I have Powermaster 140 amp alternator and was reading on their site about the size of the charging wire. Here is a chart with the wire size they recommend. The length of the wire from the alternator to the battery will be 18 - 20' long. I was thinking a 4 ga. charging wire would be plenty, but they are suggesting a 2 ga. Able I reading this correctly? 2 ga. seems pretty big for a charging wire.

Attachment 79063
      Just food for thought I have bulkhead fittings at my firewall. Both hot and ground pass through on its on one. That wayy 2 gauge runs from trunk batteries to those bulkheads. But alternator only has to go from itself to those fittings on firewall. I used #4 for the alternator and ran a separate hot and ground. Other things up front also pick up power there such as starter main cable, fan controller, and anything else up there needing a constant hot
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2