Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gator68428 View Post
      P.S. I've been watching some of the One Lap of America coverage this week and I think it would be a good event for you based on the street miles you've driven and performance level of your car.
      This has been on the bucket list for a while. I might even have a codriver lined up to finally try it in 2018. I've certainly had enough practice lol.

Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Time for an update.

First of all I've confirmed that yes it is possible to fit 315's on an 18x11 wheel on the front of a 1968 Camaro with the TCI Subframe. It doesn't require cutting the outer fenders or widebody fenders either. What it does require is a small sacrifice in turning radius but I still drive this thing on the street and through parking lots no problem.

And it makes for killer pics like this one. #FrontendFriday!

Look for an article on the requirements soon.

I'm also testing some tweaks on the suspension setup but after one event, wow, it's feeling really good. The car and I are going to OUSCI and SEMA again this year. While we got the invite through the LSFest West Spirit of the event, I would of won the rolling invite at the optima Fontana event and am currrently sitting 2nd overall in GTV points. It's been a great year!

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

That's some serious meat!
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      That's some serious meat!
      Man! That's what I'm sayin'

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I guess it's time for an update.

2017 was a banner year with a ton of competition driving success!
      Won the CAM-T class at regional SCCA with Cal Club
      Won the Classic Muscle season championship with the NMCA West Hotchkis Autocross series
      4th overall season points in the optima Ultimate Street Car Series.
      Improved 10 positions in overall results at the optima Invitational.

2018 is off to a great start too!
      Won the Classic Muscle class in the first day of NMCA West Nitto Autocross
      Won the GTV class and OUSCI invite at the first Optima USCA event of the year in Vegas. I've podiumed at Optima a bunch but this is my first overall win!
      Won the SCCA ProSolo in Fontana in a deep class of 26 drivers

I wrote an in-depth coverage article of the GTV class at Optima on my blog here: Optima GTV class coverage Las Vegas 2018.

Included in the article is the below video of my winning autocross run. One of the things I'm really proud of is that in addition to having the fastest time in GTV autocross this lap was faster than all of the newer muscle cars in the GT class too!

Best part of course is racing with good friends. Team Archenemies swept the GTV podium!

What spring rates are you running?

Chad you are living the dream man! A real street car that gets the wheels driven off it both on and off the track. My only criticism is you need to add a cage! That little one depends on you and you are risking yourself running a buck twenty on the track. It only takes a bad stroke of luck to end up in the hospital or 6ft under.

I love all the videos and articles you post. The screen overlay is awesome. Hopefully I can meet you at one of the NMCA events. I was considering next weekend but I think my car needs more shakedown time before I take it on a 2hr trip to race at Fontana.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

I posed a new article covering the installation of a bunch of Anvil Auto carbon fiber this year. Changed the look of the car quite a bit and saved over 70 lbs!

I also haven't seen anyone weigh each steel piece vs the carbon fiber piece. So I did that too and took pics of each part on the scale. Check it out here: Anvil Auto Weight Savings

Sorry if it's posted farther up in your build, but could you give more info on your chin spoiler?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Sorry if it's posted farther up in your build, but could you give more info on your chin spoiler?
      It is a discontinued product from Spectre Performance. The original prototype was made by Fast Eddies Speedshop in SoCal. Not sure where you are from.

Thought some folks might enjoy this video from a recent NMCA autocross. It features more of a episode style feel rather than just the fastest lap. We were able to come away with a double win on Saturday and Sunday in the Classic Muscle Pro class!

I'm also considering mixing up the look on the Camaro and doing a blackout on the trim and wheels... What say you PT.com?

Awesome video, keep ‘em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by TanMan View Post
      Awesome video, keep ‘em coming!
      Thanks. And on that note, here is a new episode featuring my competition in GTV at optima Fontana, CA.

Drooling over the Anvil stuff

New full length YouTube episode covering my competition in the NMCA West Autocross season finale. Good times!

Chad, how did you do out there over the weekend? I dont think I stayed long enough to see you run. I was next door drag racing since I didnt get tickets to race with you... Going to attempt once again to sign up first thing tomorrow morning before the sell out!
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzilla View Post
      Chad, how did you do out there over the weekend? I dont think I stayed long enough to see you run. I was next door drag racing since I didnt get tickets to race with you... Going to attempt once again to sign up first thing tomorrow morning before the sell out!
      I had another fun weekend. Did well on the driving. Though, not well enough to topple the Vettes this time around. I'm hoping to get a video up next week covering the event. Definitely some fun moments!

Well hey, cant win them all! I have a feeling you will still take home the overall season win again though. You are pretty consistent. Looks like I will see you at the next race in April as I secured my spot for the weekend this morning. Will be waiting for the next video to come out too...

I think this year is going to be an uphill battle against Tom Kamman. We will see how the next event shakes out.

What car was he driving? Was it the black C5?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com