Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1967 Lemans Project - LS376/480 & 4L80E Build

Hello my name is Ken and this is only the second forum I have joined so please bear with me as I figure the functions to this one out.

I have a 1967 LeMans that I obtained through the family in 1992. It has not seen a day of duty since. Yes, that is almost 20 years ago. It has been an on again off again project for many different reasons over the years. However for the past 9 months or so God has seen fit for me to be able get serious about this thing. I have been more than pleased to get busy!

So here are some pics and descriptions of my near 20 year project:

This is my oldest son at age 2 when the LeMans made it to my house

This is him at his wedding last December. He is now 20.

This is the Lemans as it was in 2005. Mostly rust fighting and interior removal at that point

Dog house off

OL trusty 326 and 2 speed tranny out

Body comming off the chassis

Body as it sits now awaiting its turn for some work

Chassis after seperation from body

Frame stripped of all parts

Lots of welding and grinding to strengthen frame:

Frame rails boxed in

Gussets welded in

Transmission crossmember cut to length and rewelded

Preperations and measurments being made for clearencing spring pockets for ridetech suspension parts

That is where the frame is at this point. The heat here in the DFW area of Texas has been brutal the past few weeks so not much work has been done.

I have had the 12 bolt rebuilt. New axles, tightened up posi and dress up is all it needed.

Bought the modified 4L80E

And the LS376/480.

Will post pics when I get some more of the parts in.

I have been scouring the forums and been very impressed by some of you with your technical savy, craftsmenship, good ol American Ingenuity and most of all your willingness to share. So please feel free to ask any questions as I am bound to ask alot of them myself.

Thanks to CFster for his help so far!