Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LT5 standalone engine wiring harness.

Does anybody know a company that makes or can make a standalone engine wiring harness for a LT5 from a 1990 zr1. I want to put it in a 1960 sedan delivery and it would make the swap easier if I could buy the harness instead of pulling the stock one apart. thanks in advance.

Country Flag: United States
      I'm not sure if anyone else still makes one or not. My father used one from Street and Performance, but it was purchased over 10 years ago. If I remember what he told me, the person that knew anything about it left S&P and joined one of the companies under the CompCams conglomerate. Not making those harnesses anymore, but dad contacted him with some questions.

Good luck with your search. Those are some nice engines. Here's a pic of our's for ya:

http://carbuff.homeip.net/57_chevy/image54.html
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Nice 57. That is a real sleeper and a super sanitary installation. Right now the motor is still in the vette and I get to drive it while I try to plan it's destruction for a higher purpose. I hope my installation is half as nice as yours. Thanks for the info.

Hi Bryan. I remember talking to your dad when I was having issues installing the LT5 into my 67 Camaro. He had some good advice for me. Scott, at the Detail Zone, made my harness and panel but it took him a long time because he worked it while making systems for other customers that had more popular swaps. There are 96 wires needed to make the motor run correctly, 32 for the injectors alone. Here is a web page of my ZR/28, www.lateral-g.net/members/mitchell I can post more detailed pictures and get the website to the Detail Zone for you if you want.

Thanks for the info. Looks like you are raising the bar on trick Camaros. That is a really nice build. I found two other places that would make a harness, Enginewiring.com and LT1 Wiring. Has anybody used or heard anything about these two companies?

Thanks
      Colin

I recommend Speartech...they did a lt1 stand alone harness for me and no issues for 4 years. Quality work.
      67 Camaro

Thanks for the info, but they cannot do it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com