Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

nitrous plumbing questions

so im starting the install of my nos plate system. ive got the bottle mounted where i want it, the solenoids mounted, and the fuel system up to snuff.
      the next step is plumbing it, which is where it gets tricky. i want to more or less hide the system, as my car is mostly a sleeper.
      to that end, ive mounted the solenoids and fuel pressure regulator at the back of the carb where theyre hidden by my air cleaner, etc.
      the supplied hose for the nitrous port on the plate is now too short to reach, so i need something different. i also have managed to avoid all braided stainless lines on the car. any braded is earls pro-lite black with black fittings.
      im thinking that i would like to either do a braided pro-lite hose for my nitrous feed, or bend up spome hard line.
      to that end, what size is this stuff? its the stanbdard cheater plate system. i got it used, but made a run on it before we removed it from the car so i know its all good.
      what i need to know is what options i have, and what size i need to order from summit.
      this is my first foray into nitrous, so please ne nice to the newbie.
      michael

Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Most of the feed lines are -4 an fittings.
      David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

Other tricks: Paint the nitrous plate silver as most are black, remove the stickers from the solenoids and paint them (and the hard line) flat black - it just disappears at night. I had people look straight at my motor and pronounce that I didn't have nitrous

Jim
      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

Half-Assed = Half-Fast

the plate inlets i had were -3, i had to use a braided hose that was -4 on the solinoid side and -3 at the plate side. you can get hard line kits and bend the lines as close as possible to the carb and paint them so they go away, or for the ultimate cheater kit the under manifold kit is the way to go, completely outta sight.

I forgot - on the front nitrous line, you can split some fuel or vacuum hose and encase the nitrous line in it - it will look just like a fat vacuum line but not like a braided or hard nitrous line - more stealthy.

Jim
      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

Half-Assed = Half-Fast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com