Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video?

Country Flag: United States

Video?

Obviously there was a pro video crew covering everything at the event.

Any news on what that's all about, and whether a DVD of the event will be available?

Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Scott

We will have videos of the event later this week or early next week. I will keep everyone up to date on the posting of videos

Rob

Killer! Thanks Rob!
      Scott Parkhurst

Outstanding!!! and very cool!!

Cool video!
      Scott Parkhurst

That is one cool video, I have video of myself following Mark around the track during that parade. I got to follow his lines as he figured out where he was going to go. Lucky for me my car was actually able to follow them at speed and do well. Seeing the results made me wish I was on 200tw Nitto's and my high rpm fuel miss wasn't there. I had no idea that I was going to be that competitive in my times, now I am wondering what if's? I had more on the table in each event to be gained if the brake pads hadn't disappeared and that pesky miss acting like a rev limiter.

It was the most awesome time ever around a track for me and I can't wait to do it again !!!!

Thanks for posting the video!!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

^ Jim, your car looks killer with those gold bbs's...

...great video too, lots of really nice cars out there!

-Sean

Here is in car video from the first session of the day.

WARNING: Watching this video may make you nod off. I know it has that effect on me. Thank God it does not happen while filming.

To jump to the best lap start at the 10:30 mark, it happens to be the last hot lap.

Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Great video Matt!! I have to get one of those in-car cameras!!
      .I have to say, your car was one that impressed me all weekend. We had all that fun and Darrin chose to work!!! HAHAHAHAHA
      .was that red light on your oil temp gauge?

Cool video. Got that fast lap in just as the rain picked up, can't time it any better than that.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      New Jersey F-body Owners Association
      www.NJFBOA.org
      NJ's home for all owners, friends, and fans of Camaros and Firebirds

Nice driving Matt!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Thanks guys, the red light was my oil temp, peak recall was 298* and the warning was set at 280*. I'm in the process of finding a new radiator as the stock 4th gen cooling had met its match with my increased driving skills and the 96* weather. When I get a chance I will upload some go-pro video of the later sessions, 1.5 seconds faster. Now if I could get a look at some in-car of Stielow I could compare. I'm sure of one area on the track were I can pick up some good time.
      Matt

Matt, I struggled with oil temp as well. Today I just pulled my front bumper and grills off in preparation for adding an oil cooler. I'll have to do some fabrication just to get my oil lines forward.
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Bill,

I installed an oil cooler and accusump 3 winters ago. The inaugural Motorstate event changed my build drastically. Back then the Mobil 1 I was running thinned out big time. I believe my oil system is up to par, its the cooling system that allowed the engine temp to exceed normal racing parameters. When tracking a car an oil cooler and temp gauge are a must!!

Matt
      Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Tie 67 View Post
      Bill,

I installed an oil cooler and accusump 3 winters ago. The inaugural Motorstate event changed my build drastically. Back then the Mobil 1 I was running thinned out big time. I believe my oil system is up to par, its the cooling system that allowed the engine temp to exceed normal racing parameters. When tracking a car an oil cooler and temp gauge are a must!!

Matt
      Matt, you're right. I have an oil temp gauge in my dash, but was hoping to avoid an oil cooler. Motor State had me concerned, though the oil never really got unreasonably hot - assuming I'd change oil after the event anyway. Heidts absolutely convinced me that I need a cooler. The fact that my block is bottom filled to the freeze plugs creates a real oil temp concern. But, it's all a trade-off. I have to essentially fabricate a fixture for my block that can route the lines up and forward without conflicting with the headers, firewall or inner fender. Then I need to change my oil filter setup from the frame rail to forward, then install a couple bulkhead fittings, and figure out how/where to mount the cooler. I also need to determine -10 or -12 lines select the right cooler, and then watch oil pressure to hope that I don't need to put a different oil pump in. Isn't this stuff fun?
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Nice video Matt, I can see where you picked up the 1.5 sec. over me. If I would have been able to go to my redline in 3rd I could have easily done a 1:15. Several of the turns you were able to pick up way more speed in between and pick it up. The 1:17.5 was where I was kind of limited to with power and I was picking up even more in the turns by just not slowing down as much each lap getting braver and braver.

My oil temps never went above 265 degrees and came down real quickly on the cool down lap. My ps temps went to 265 also and it made me nervous since it was where the rack blew the seal at MSC but it held up, I have a cooler ready to go in soon.

I know of one place you could have picked up 5 mph in the main straight and it doesn't seem logical until you just mash the gas all the way down in the next to last corner before and hold on and make the line straighter, it really helped me a lot when I figured it out.

I really like the track because you can pick up time every lap just by not braking and staying on the gas easier each time along with longer apexes.

I'm gonna have to go to youtube and resign back up so O can post some of my videos too! But I have to pull the intake now and clean the injectors to see if the high end miss goes away. If it isn't one thing it is another.

Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      ^ Jim, your car looks killer with those gold bbs's...

...great video too, lots of really nice cars out there!

-Sean

Thanks, I have to thank Brandon and his dad for selling those wheels at such a bargain, I never could have afforded 3pc racing wheels any other way.

You guys did great!! After riding shotgun with James in the OLC for his last session, I learned a much better line into that double/late apex corner before the long back straight. You see, there's two dark sections of pavement, not just the one I saw when I ran earlier <insert lit lightbulb here and a "duh" for good measure>.

The Camaro is getting back on track. Cannot wait for more of this stuff and especially for next years event.

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Matt,

Just watched your video. I am not sure what you did in later sessions, but I was shifting to 4th gear between turns 2 and 3 so the car would not be as twitchy through 3, 4 and 5. But then again you ran faster than me with your best of the day, so who's to say if my approach was right, but it seemed to make me faster. Interestingly in the Spec Miata I was carrying a lower gear there and one of my competitors who is a member at Autobahn gave me that advice.

I told Randy Johnson to shift earlier and let the torque carry him through-there was no need to wind it up to 7000. He came back and said he picked up some time that way.
      Jeff

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com