Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video?

Country Flag: United States
      I know my gearing is way different than you guys and I was in third most all of the time except for the straight before the curves into the main straght, that part had me needing to step up because the rpm's weren't there for me. I could have used my extra 1000rpm that the fuel problem was taking from me but it seemed that I only really needed 4th for the main straight when the car gets to go to redline.

With my 3rd gear and the 6400 redline I would have been just topping out at each corner and my accelleration would have been way better. i could have made the shift earlier in the main straght and made it to 115mph or more. Because I don't have to shift up I also get the extra engine braking without a down shift.

I think Matt's ratios are closer to mine in the midrange so it seems. I was following him for a few laps and he was accellerating at about the same rate in those 2 spots as I was and pulled me in the straights with rpm and a bunch more power.

You guys with all that big torque and HP make it seem effortless to accelerate out of the corners in a higher gear but I just can't do that,lol.

Just for the facts, I have a 3:07 rear and a 1:59 3rd and a 1:23 4th with a 26"tire.

at my normal redline I can go to 95-100 mph in 3rd and 130mph in 4th and with my high end miss I was just reaching 85mph in 3rd and in the main straight I was reaching only 105 mph before having to brake for the 1st - 2nd turn. I found I could brake all the way into and through the 1st turn right up to turn 2.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Jim, don't forget that some of us "big torque" also have "big weight". I struggle with the same issues. Sure, I'm making at least 500lbs of torque right off idle and am never ever below 500 anywhere in my torque curve, usually more in the 600 range. However, with me in the car and a full tank of fuel, and the rollbars, I'm well over 4000lbs. Honestly, for most of us I think it evens the playing field. For guys like Stielow who have both the torque/hp advantage and a much more manageable weight it's a far different story!
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

I finally tried that in the last session as well. It didn't make a huge dent in my times, but it sure made driving through that first corner after the straightaway a lot easier, and allowed me to focus on other things...
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Here's a short video of two my laps. Car was pretty good especially considering I was running stock suspension & brakes:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...=1823380475582

Matt, I just saw the video, too cool! You looked like you were just out for a fast Sunday drive, your car was so well behaved! What kind of gauges are you running? It be nice not to have to get out the reading glasses to see what's going on. I want a ride next time we run an event together. Your car looks and sounds great!

Any news about when the videos will be done from the event?

^^^^Like Jim said ---------- Hey Heidt's people, where's the video??? Just went on your website........'nuttin

Here is a video from my 2nd session , you will see Bill Herder in his GTO, Karl Dunn in the Mustang ,the Heidt's Camaro, And Matt Altamore in his 69 Camaro. I don't know how I do it but I seem to keep catching back up to Matt after he leaves me in the straight away.

Great video Jim! Man, that was sooo much fun! Ive got to get a in car camera. They really capture the feel of the action. Your car looks like it runs great. Thanks for posting!

I keep looking for the video to happen and hope they didn't lose it somewhere , so until then here is a vid from the autox.

Has anyone heard when the video or any other pics will be released?

I'm falling asleep watching my own,LOL.

Hey Jim, I am going to call Heidt's on my lunch hour today to ask what the hold up is!!! I need to talk to them about something else so I'll find out. I dont get it, after the event they were saying video in a week or two, it's over a month now. I'll post up what they say tonight.

Thanks to all the great sponsors who made the first Heidts Performance Car Challenge possible... next year is going to be even better!

http://youtu.be/iKTGLz3Bo7I

Here's another video showing quite a few of the cars leaving Heidts and starting the Road Rally to Joliet...

http://youtu.be/5Zldd-0gyD8

Hey Jim, I called Heidt's during my lunch today and spoke to Ron in sales. I asked about the video and he did not know the status of it but was going to ask his marketing guy who will be back into the office tomorrow..............I'll post up again!

........I never got a callback from Heidt's. I'll make a follow up call on Tuesday.

There are a few videos on youtube from the event now and it looks like they have so much good footage that it is probably hard for them to decide what to cut and not to cut.

I am looking forward to what we are going to get when we get it but I am jonesn for all I can get to see.

It is very possible that Heidts had the video crew there for their own purposes and never planned to release anything. ridetech had a crew at last year's Faceoff at Road America and I don't remember seeing anything released from there either.
      Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Van B View Post
      It is very possible that Heidts had the video crew there for their own purposes and never planned to release anything. ridetech had a crew at last year's Faceoff at Road America and I don't remember seeing anything released from there either.
      Yes Jeff, but Heidt's was saying immediately after the event that a video would be released "in a couple weeks", so that what we are going off of.

I'll do a follow up call tomorrow and ask for Wallace if need be.

the video mystery continues....I talked with Brian (?) in sales on Thursday. The video is (allegedly) coming. He told me to call in a "couple weeks". SO, we'll see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com