Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

RideTech Tru Turn System

The 48 Hour Camaro was the testbed for this new suspension system. It has worked out extremely well, so we are now ready to release it to the world...
      Also, for a limited time, and only for Pro-touring.com menbers...ask about your special introductory pricing.

The TruTurn Steering Package

If you tuned in for the 48 Hour Camaro build, you probably noticed that the build team put 10" wide tires on the front and wondered how it was done. Well now the truth is out...it was all made possible by the TruTurn, a steering upgrade package brought to you by ridetech.
      What is it?

The TruTurn system is an upgraded steering system that includes the following:
      1. Spindles - taller to improve the camber gain and a raised spindle pin to lower your car by 2"
      2. Steering Arms - designed to correct bumpsteer AND allow clearance for up to a 10" wide wheel with a 5.75" backspacing.
      3. Draglink bracket - bolts onto oem draglink to relocate the inner tierod end to minimize bumpsteer
      4. Tie Rod Assemblies - integrates with your new steering arms and centerlink to provide a tru "no fab" bolt on steering system.
      What will this system do?

Everyone knows the early Camaro/Nova front ends have very poor suspension geometry...the tires lean outward around turns, the bumpsteer is bad, and there is little room to run a wide wheel because of the OEM steering arm interfering with the inside of the wheel. The TruTurn system resolves ALL of these issues...the tires now lean INTO the turn, the bumpsteer is UNDER .050" through 5" of suspension travel, and you now have clearance to run up to a 10" wide wheel with a 275mm tire!

TruTurn complete package includes:

spindles, steering arms, draglink bracket, and tie rod assemblies

Price: $1000
      Call in and ask about an introductory price! Phone: 812.481.4787
      Vehicle Applications

Part #

Price

1967-69 Camaro

$1000

Buy Online

1968-74 Nova

$1000

Buy Online

TruTurn UPGRADE package ( same as above MINUS the spindles )

Price: $650
      Vehicle Applications

Part #

Price

1967-69 Camaro

$650

Buy Online

1968-74 Nova

$650

Buy Online

48 Hour Camaro - Ridetech Front Suspension Video

Related to the TruTurn, check out this front suspension overview of the 48 Hour Camaro. The video talks about the new TruTurn steering package and how it helped fit up a 10" wide wheel on the front of the car while at the same time nearly eliminating all of the bump steer.

Also don't forget to check out the Triple Adjustable Coil-Overs being installed!

48 Hour Camaro - Ridetech Rear Suspension Video

Check out the AirBar set-up going in the 48 Hour Camaro - only this one isn't being built with traditional air suspension, but using the new triple adjustable coil-over shocks from RideTech!

Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Country Flag: United States
    Looks like a really nice system.

Are those steering arms the same dimension as the factory "short" arms? Are parts available for individual sale?

The Steering arms are not any OEM Camaro piece. The system will be offered with spindles [$1000] , or without spindles [$650] because there are many of our current custoemrs that already have our ridetech spindles. We're not going to offer any components separately because they are designed to work as a package. To use them with other components would negate any performance or fitment benefits and probably cause you to take my name in vain!
    Bret Voelkel
    Founder/ Former Owner

Nice setup Bret. I think this will go over very well!!! Good luck.

This looks like a good system, something I have been looking into. What about breaks? I have Baer 13" track system on front. Will these bolt up?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mdprovee View Post
    This looks like a good system, something I have been looking into. What about breaks? I have Baer 13" track system on front. Will these bolt up?
    Any aftermarket disc brake system that will fit the A body or F body GM spindle should work fine. We have specifically fit the Baer 14" rotor with their 6P calipers with a 17x10 and an 18x10 wheel and a 275mm BFG tire.
    Bret Voelkel
    Founder/ Former Owner

So then none of it works with AFX spindles?
    Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
    71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    So then none of it works with AFX spindles?
    http://www.ridetech.com/store/suspen...gm-f-body.html
    Frequently Asked Questions

3. Can I use my existing OEM or other aftermarket dropped spindles with this system?
    No...the RideTech spindle is a critical part of the whole system. Using a different spindle will create highly unfavorable suspension geometry and would be incompatible with our steering arms.

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
    The Steering arms are not any OEM Camaro piece. The system will be offered with spindles [$1000] , or without spindles [$650] because there are many of our current custoemrs that already have our ridetech spindles. We're not going to offer any components separately because they are designed to work as a package. To use them with other components would negate any performance or fitment benefits and probably cause you to take my name in vain!
    I see that's the same pricing to public on you're website and protour members here, are any deals coming later? for members
    also do you have the tall spindle without the 2 inch drop?

I am currently using a corvette wheel up front with a 2" spacer. I am also using the Steeroids rack-n-pinion.

Will the steering arm and spindle combination conflict with the inner wheel?

Also, will the system work without the draglink bracket and tie rod assembly?

Gaetano Cosentino
    Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post
    I am currently using a corvette wheel up front with a 2" spacer. I am also using the Steeroids rack-n-pinion.

The tie rod mount looks to be moved up quite a bit so it is near center of the rotor surface. No rim issues. The components would have to be used together to work.

you guys been doing your homework.
    MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
    Follow us on Facebook

Did I miss it? Are there any plans for the 2nd gen camaro's?

73 Camaro
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I see that's the same pricing to public on you're website and protour members here, are any deals coming later? for members
    also do you have the tall spindle without the 2 inch drop?
    You might try hitting up one of our many dealers on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post

We have not tried the tall spindles w/ the Steeroids Rack yet. You might check w/ them too see if they have.

To fit a 10" wheel we had to modify the inner fender well and outer lip.
    Last edited by darren@ridetech; 07-07-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Ok, how about with the "G" mod? Do you have a standard height spindle without lowering?

Just bought the Chicane kit and the ridetech Single adjustables and can't go back to factory mounting for the uppers. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did the mod and don't need a drop spindle.
    Tim Tracy
    68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
    68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
    67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

I agree, I don't think you would want to run the tall spindles along w/ the G-mod, probably too much camber gain.

We have not yet tried it yet.

Country Flag: Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by newmexicosaint View Post
    Did I miss it? Are there any plans for the 2nd gen camaro's?
    I'd also like this question answered.

We have not looked into building a Tru Turn for the 2nd Gen yet. The Tru Turn offers 3 solutions for the 1st Gen, allows for wider tire, taller spindle for improved camber gain & virtually no bumpsteer. 2nd Gens already have a taller spindle, so that won't be necessary. We have already fit an 18" x 10" under a 2nd Gen too, so there isn't a whole lot that needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by darren@ridetech; 07-07-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Darren,

Could you get me a measurement from the end of the steering arm to the closest spindle bolt hole on the steering arm. I want to make a rough measurement with my wheels before I jump on this.

Best,
    Don

I don't have that information in front of me, i would have to get back w/ you. But the length of the arm only tells half of the story. Much of the wheel clearance is gained by raising the tie rod as well.
    Last edited by darren@ridetech; 07-07-2011 at 07:57 AM.

• Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com