Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      To further clarify Darrens responses...the Tru Turn system can only work as a complete system. Any substitution of components will significantly alter the bump steer and camber curve performance. While it is possible that other components might physically fit together with the Tru Turn components, the resulting end performance will likely suffer greatly. That's not because other components are inferior, it just because they have not been engineered to work together. To make the Tru Turn system work properly, it must use the ridetech spindles and a steering box in the oem location with an oem pitman arm and idler arm. The Tru Turn system will not be compatible with the G mod...that combination will result in too much camber gain and will make the car ride on the innervedge of the tire through the turns.
      Also...we do not have a "non dropped" spindle that is taller overall. Our package is designed around a 2" dropped spindle to achieve the proper ride height.

2nd Gen guys...that front suspension is actually pretty good to start with. The camber gain and bump steer performance is much, much better than the oem 1st Gen suspension. Can it be made better? Probably, but the ending gains will not be as dramatic. We have already fit an 18x10 wheel with a 6" backspace with a 275mm tire on an oem 2nd Gen Camaro with no problem.

Pricing? Yes, we are running an introductory price for the pro tour members...I'm not going to post it, you must call in your order to get it. That way when the special pricing ends we don't have the entertain all the questions 6 months down the road about the special pricing

Hope this helps...I'm on the road for the next fewcdays and am responding on my iPad, so be patient!

For thosecwho want to see this system in person and in action...we will have a display and the 48 hour camaro in Columbus this weekend. Come out and take a ride!
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

We at Scotts Hotrods as a pro-touring sponsor offer special forum member pricing on ridetech products and other purchase incentives PM or call for these special offers. Looks killer Bret about time ;-)

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
      So then none of it works with AFX spindles?

I will speak to Brett about this.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

I spoke to Darren and he said that they have not had an AFX spindle in house yet to find out if it would or would not work, he also said that the AFX spindle may or may not have an issue clearing a 10" wheel. These are things that are still uncertain but he said they should have answers here shortly, I know Brett well so I imagine it wont take to long....

I have been biteing my tonque on this product since I was introduced to it at the 48 hour build. Awesome stuff! I do believe this is the final piece in the puzzle to closing the gap of modified stock subframe and top aftermarket subframe. I think this will be a big seller for us for owners with modded subs that want to make them that much better and also new builds that do not need the ego stimulation of having a new subframe and want to spend half the money.

Quote Originally Posted by killer69 View Post
      I will speak to Brett about this.
      Given the popularity of the AFX spindle you could make a lot of people happy lol
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Given the popularity of the AFX spindle you could make a lot of people happy lol
      Agreed!
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

in the works
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Exactly. I don't have the coin for an aftermarket subframe right now, so the best I can do is get a Lee box to go with my AFX spindles and some better shocks. If I could go even further and use this system, I'd be one happy camper!
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

I don't know why this is bugging me.. Maybe because I'm in marketing and do logo design. Is the logo supposed to be 10" "R"ide wheels or "W"ide wheels? Just dosen't make sense to me with "R"ide wheels.
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

/Crosses fingers.

Does the use of a 10" wide wheel limit the turning radius at all?
      Kyle

I think this is a great product and should sell quite well! It's definitely caught my eye and shouldn't be too difficult to justify to my Mrs. when I'm ready to do another round of mods to my 68.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Saw the logo got fixed.. Now it makes more sense! very cool product!
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

When I started my project 8 er 9 years ago... I didn't know anything about Pro Touring. 3 years ago I got hooked at the Columbus Goodguys show. I have researched and read all kinds of articles on handling and suspesion geometry. Without a doubt this looks like the most bang for the buck!
      I just ordered the Tru Turn package and plan to put it to the test at RTTH7.
      Now.. off to work on the car...
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
      Exactly. I don't have the coin for an aftermarket subframe right now, so the best I can do is get a Lee box to go with my AFX spindles and some better shocks. If I could go even further and use this system, I'd be one happy camper!
      Exactly my thought. I've gone about as far as I can go with bolt-on parts and a stock subframe, short of using coil-overs. Next time I have a real budget infusion my thought was to get new wheels and maximize front contact patch. If this setup can be made to work with the AFX spindle that will be a natural fit for my project.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

Brett, what wheel and tire size are you running on the Camaro. I have a buddy with a 67. I told him about the kit and he was wanting this info.
      Thanks Brent.

P.S. Tell Greg I haven't forgot about his gum I promised him. There will be enough for him to share when I get it together..... If he shares......HAHA

The cost doesn't scare me....just about to strip my frame and begin the perimeter welding of the frame and Chicane before powder coat.

Seems like if you have the G-mod the AFX might be an option. Now I would have to replace my brakes!

How can we make this work with the G-mod? I really like the idea of a 10" wheel up front.
      Tim Tracy
      68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
      68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
      67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

So if I read the FAQs right, these are the same spindles in your complete coil over kit for the 69 camaro. So this turns into a $650 upgrade.... hmmmm
      Ron
      69 Camaro Redfire, thanks to
      Marquez Design | Ring Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by redfire69 View Post
      So if I read the FAQs right, these are the same spindles in your complete coil over kit for the 69 camaro. So this turns into a $650 upgrade.... hmmmm
      That is correct...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com