Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15
      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      For a street car, we recommend -.5° to -1°.

Thanks. What do you recommend on caster and toe for street driving. I know the instructions have specs, but it doesn't specify if that range is for track or street. The product looks and fits great on my '71 Nova (build thread link in my sig) btw!

'71 Nova : LS3, Ridetech, 9-inch, CC Wheels, etc.
      '71 Pontiac Trans Am: 455 HO, TKO600, 17" Honeycombs, etc.
      https://www.instagram.com/impslap/

Country Flag: United States
      Anyone else notice how far back the wheels are in the wheel opening? I've checked and double checked caster (+5) and camber (-1), I am running 9.5" wheels with 1/2" less back space because of the issues I've noticed others having with clearance to frame, 67 5.8" pitman/idler, Iroc box Delphi 670, and 1/16" toe in. I actually have two issues. First, tires rubbing the rear of the inner wheel house due to the tires being too far back in opening. Again, I've double checked everything including the obvious, correct placement of a-arms (D for drivers side P for passenger side). Frame has been checked and is in spec. The second, at full lock either direction my wheels are hitting the Muscle bar. This car is almost unusable in parking lots. To pull into a parking spot I have to take two stabs at it.

I'm wondering if I was sent the wrong UCA and LCA's? Ordered these through Matt at MCB and am just getting to use the car after the LS swap. I called into tech and I mentioned the steering stops are on wrong side. He explained that these were to be used with factory steering arms and I would need fab up my own stops for ridetech steering arms. Fair enough, but even with stops set up to keep wheel from hitting muscle bar, I would have an extremely limited turning radius.
      David G

Yeah, I haven't driven my car in a while, it's almost done with body work, but I remember the wheels being super close to the rear of the wheel opening on my 69 Nova. And that's only with 245's on 17x9.5's. I already had to take the Hotchkis 1 1/8" sway bar off because they hit it.
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

I have been running the Tru Turn since Aug 2011. Yet to have a issue. Will/does the tire rub the frame? Yes I drilled the front of the lower balljoint plate and use and 1/4" bolt as a steering stop.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Oh I wasn't talking bad about it, just agreeing that it was close in that area. I test fit 275's and they cleared, but that was stationary. Not sure if it will be an issue when actually driving it.

I still haven't even aligned it so I'm hoping that will help some.
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Country Flag: New Zealand
      hi,which heidts spindle was used in this comparison?regards

bump

Is anyone running the truturn and a mini tub, is so what are your backspacing measurements?

What does true turn have to do with mini tubs? Backspacing on the rear won't help you unless you know the rear end width.

It has to do with it because I'm gong to be running both and i want to order the correct wheels.

what is your rear end width? What front brakes do you have? what rear brakes do you have?

Rear end is stock 12 bolt, brakes are Wilwood, 6r 14" front, 4r 12.88" rear. Wheels will be 18" hopeing on 275 fronts and 325 - 335 rear

As you know, it's pretty risky to order a custom set of wheels without measuring. We loan out the Pro 45 kit to customers ordering wheels from us so you can mock up the actual tire sizes you want and make adjustments that will give you the exact back spacing you need.

The other option is to order the rear end after the wheels but you still need to measure the fronts. Every car is a little different, even when modified and I would hate to see you with clearance issues. We see front clips offset to one side and rear quarter outer lips different all the time!

Matt
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

Thanks Matt, ill keep you in mind when the time comes. I'm looking at the forgeline step lip wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Whooppass View Post
      Thanks Matt, ill keep you in mind when the time comes. I'm looking at the forgeline step lip wheels
      Ok, perfect. We sell a lot of Forgelines and they are great to work with! When you are ready, we will loan you the Pro 45 for a week at no cost.

Thanks
      Matt
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

hi bret, can you tell me which heidths spindle was used in your bump test,thanks and regards

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      The 48 Hour Camaro was the testbed for this new suspension system. It has worked out extremely well, so we are now ready to release it to the world...
      Also, for a limited time, and only for Pro-touring.com menbers...ask about your special introductory pricing.

The TruTurn Steering Package

If you tuned in for the 48 Hour Camaro build, you probably noticed that the build team put 10" wide tires on the front and wondered how it was done. Well now the truth is out...it was all made possible by the TruTurn, a steering upgrade package brought to you by ridetech.
      What is it?

The TruTurn system is an upgraded steering system that includes the following:
      1. Spindles - taller to improve the camber gain and a raised spindle pin to lower your car by 2"
      2. Steering Arms - designed to correct bumpsteer AND allow clearance for up to a 10" wide wheel with a 5.75" backspacing.
      3. Draglink bracket - bolts onto oem draglink to relocate the inner tierod end to minimize bumpsteer
      4. Tie Rod Assemblies - integrates with your new steering arms and centerlink to provide a tru "no fab" bolt on steering system.

What will this system do?

Everyone knows the early Camaro/Nova front ends have very poor suspension geometry...the tires lean outward around turns, the bumpsteer is bad, and there is little room to run a wide wheel because of the OEM steering arm interfering with the inside of the wheel. The TruTurn system resolves ALL of these issues...the tires now lean INTO the turn, the bumpsteer is UNDER .050" through 5" of suspension travel, and you now have clearance to run up to a 10" wide wheel with a 275mm tire!

TruTurn complete package includes:

spindles, steering arms, draglink bracket, and tie rod assemblies

Price: $1000
      Call in and ask about an introductory price! Phone: 812.481.4787
      Vehicle Applications
      Part #
      Price

1967-69 Camaro
      $1000
      Buy Online
      1968-74 Nova
      $1000
      Buy Online

TruTurn UPGRADE package ( same as above MINUS the spindles )

Price: $650
      Vehicle Applications
      Part #
      Price

1967-69 Camaro
      $650
      Buy Online
      1968-74 Nova
      $650
      Buy Online

48 Hour Camaro - Ridetech Front Suspension Video

Related to the TruTurn, check out this front suspension overview of the 48 Hour Camaro. The video talks about the new TruTurn steering package and how it helped fit up a 10" wide wheel on the front of the car while at the same time nearly eliminating all of the bump steer.

Also don't forget to check out the Triple Adjustable Coil-Overs being installed!

48 Hour Camaro - Ridetech Rear Suspension Video

Check out the AirBar set-up going in the 48 Hour Camaro - only this one isn't being built with traditional air suspension, but using the new triple adjustable coil-over shocks from RideTech!

hi which heidths drop spindle was used in your bump test?thanks and regards

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Gmc427 View Post
      hi which heidths drop spindle was used in your bump test?thanks and regards
      Pretty safe to assume the Pro-G tall drop spindle, isn't it? It is the only spindle they offer for a first gen F body.

http://www.heidts.com/parts/drop-spindles-stock/

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

good point ,cheers

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com