Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2011 2nd Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge is Back!

2nd Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge

Brought to you By:
      Bowler Performance Transmissions, 10/10ths Motorsports, Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels & O’Reilly Auto Parts

It’s Back! By popular demand we are bringing back The Midwest Musclecar Challenge. This is a four-element event open to any domestic model year vehicles. The event will be run on September 3rd & 4th , 2011. The event will be held at, Putnam Park Road Course, in Mount Meridian, Indiana on Saturday Sept. 3rd and at the Mid-American Air Center, located in Lawrenceville, Illinois on Sunday Sept. 4th. The event includes road course, 99 mile cruise, autocross and a speed-stop challenge.

The high horsepower fun will begin on Saturday with the Hot Lap Challenge. Putnam Park Road Course is a 1.87-mile, 10-turn, highly technical facility. A full day on the road course assures everyone plenty of track time and there will be instruction available for novices or those that want to improve their existing skills. 10/10ths Motorsport will be providing instructors for the Putnam Park Road course. Don’t miss out on the instructional part of this event.

The track day will be followed by a 99-mile cruise that will wind its way through the scenic byways of southern Indiana and Illinois. Utilizing primarily two lane highways and county roads, this element will highlight the road handling manners of the vehicles and give all the participants an opportunity to relax after a day at the track.

Sunday morning promises lots of activity for the day and the Mid-American Air Center is the ideal location to continue the challenge! Located in Lawrenceville, Illinois, this is the same location that the first World Series of Drag Racing was held and the SCCA has been running since the early 50’s.

The nearly unlimited size of the Air Center allows for the creation of a one-of-a-kind Autocross course that will challenge the drivers push the vehicles to the edge of performance.

The speed-stop challenge also promises to be an exciting event as we test the limits of acceleration, braking and driver skills all at the same time! The “stop box” will be the ultimate proof of mechanical functionality and driver talent.

Registration for the event will open July 8th, 2011 and will be limited to the first 60 entries. Entry fee is $225 before August 31st and will be $295 the day of the event. Entry includes one vehicle for each event & two adults. There is no limit to the vehicle years, but sorry we limiting it to production domestic vehicles. No imports, exotics or kit cars are allowed to compete, but are welcome to be exhibition vehicles if desired.

Brought to you By:
      Bowler Performance Transmissions, Royal Purple, 10/10ths, Forgeline Wheels & O’Rielly Auto Parts

Phantom Products, Powertrain Control Solutions, BFGoodrich Tires, Baer Brakes Speed By Spectre, Detroit Speed & Engineering & Carbon Kustoms are proud sponsors of the Midwest Musclecar Challenge.
      Last edited by MarkB; 08-25-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Country Flag: United States

Awesome - Thanks Mark B.

This event is AWESOME! Thank you ALL (read those reponsible) (and those continuing to request it) for bringing it back! W Ten Tenths involved again its bound to be as GREAT as last year!

I sure wish this would have been communicated sooner :(
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Agreed but it has taken a while to finally nail down a date etc. It is ready to go though and will be another great Muscle Car Event at Putnam Park.
      Registration is open at LINK

We will provide a much greater level of instruction and on track help to improve your overall track safety, skills and fun.

I am very excited about being a part of the Muscle Car Challenge this year and am looking forward to seeing many of you again.

Thanks and I will see you at the track

Registeration

Ok went to links, looked at Instructor registration for 2 different levels of experiance and vehicles. I'm looking to register for novice / musclecar. NON instructor. Am I over analyzing this?

This is the link and you can choose Novice or Intermediate
      LINK

We will be doing all the registrations through the 10/10ths Motorsports site
      The link to the event page is LINK
      Last edited by wneal; 07-09-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks, LINKS works I am in.

Thanks, I am in the direct link does not let you over think things. Novice or Int / Advanced (not me). Hope to see everybody there!

SWEET!! So, I would still be a novice since I have only done it once at the one last year correct?
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

I signed up as soon as I heard it was back on. This is one of my favorite events as the track at Putnam and the great instructors at 10/10th's are the best of the best. Last year the energy of the guy riding with me heped me push the car more and more and get everything out of it I could. The track has no real dangerous spots and if you do go off course, like Kyle did a few times, it is a nice drive accross the lawn until you can get back on the course.

Also if you have never experienced the autocross at Bowlers that is worth the price of admission. The course is open and fast which allows you to use all that power you spent all your money on. At days at the strip last weekend they had 50+ cars running and I made 25 to 30 runs on Saturday.

This is the best value of the year so I would not wait to sign up
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

The Proof is on the Pavement

Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

www.hotrodtransformations.com

Registration is open!

Here is the link to sign up online. This event is gearing up to be one of the best events of the season! With the help of 10/10ths instructors you can not go wrong. You will come away from Putnam with a whole new confidence level and will be amazed what you can do with you car once they are done.

Speed by Spectre is back on board with us this year to bring their Top Speed Challenge to the event!

The Midwest Musclecar Challenge is brought to you by:
      Bowler Performance Transmissions, Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels, 10/10ths Motorsports & O'Reilly Auto Parts.

BFGoodrich Tires, Carbon Kustoms, Powertrain Control Solutions, Speed By Spectre, Detroit Speed & Engineering, Baer Brakes and Phantom-Products are proud sponsors of the 2nd Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge.

Sign up now before it's too late! Click on this link http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com/?page_id=13
      Last edited by MarkB; 08-25-2011 at 08:50 AM.

This sounds like fun...

Do convertibles need a roll bar to compete?

Its the same weekend as the Kansas Good-Guys auto cross...
      Scott Shanks
      70 Challenger 6.1 Hemi 6-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by thedodgeboys View Post
      This sounds like fun...
      Do convertibles need a roll bar to compete?

Its the same weekend as the Kansas Good-Guys auto cross...

Good Question. Yes Convertibles do need a roll bar to compete on the big track at Putnam on Saturday, but will not be needed for the Speed Stop or Autocross in Lawrenceville on Sunday.

Yes I hated that this event had to fall on the same weekend of Kansas, as we are large supporters of the Good-Guys shows. But to make this event happen for 2011 we were very limited on availibility of the Road Course at Putnam. So we went for it. We will be better prepared for 2012 and will plan and give everyone a better notice. Thank you for everyone that is supporting the event.

OK I'm signed up and ready to go! See you all there.
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

What's the deal on hotels? It looks like we 'should' stay in one the first night and another the second night. Is that correct? I'm about to make reservations..
      Scott Parkhurst

Good question

Good question Scott. Thanks for standing by on the HPCC event incident with 3 of a kind turned Scott cubed. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Paul is coming again w the Challenger. Hope to get hotel resevations soon.

Yes guys this is the same format as last year for anyone who attended. For those who are first time particpants, you are in for a great event, thanks for supporting the Midwest Musclecar Challenge!

Friday night I would recommend:
      Super 8 Cloverdale (Tell them you are with 10/10ths when registering)
      Cloverdale, IN 46120 US
      Phone: 765-795-7373

On Saturday after the Hot Lap Challenge we will take a relaxing cruise across the fields of Indiana and Illinois. This is a 99 mile cruise sponsored by Carbon Kustoms. The best place to stay Saturday night is in Vincennes, Indiana, about 8 miles from Mid-American Air Center in Lawrenceville, IL.

The best hotel options in Vincennes, IN:

Holiday Inn Express | (812) 886-6333
      Super 8 | (812) 882-5101
      Comfort Suites | (812) 882-2244

If you have any questions feel free to drop us an e-mail [email protected]

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Thanks,
      Mark
      Last edited by MarkB; 08-25-2011 at 08:50 AM.

OK Mark- got it and will do!

Looking forward to seeing Mark G and Paul again too! Good times with good people in fast cars. Does it get any better? See you all there.
      Scott Parkhurst

Sponsor Update

Just a quick update and a list of current sponsors / supporters of the MMC.

The MMC is presented by: Bowler Performance Transmissions,
      Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels, 10/10ths Motorsports, O'Reilly Auto Parts

Spectre Performance, Magnaflow Exhaust, Powertrain Control Solutions, Tracy Electric, Carbon Kustoms, BFGoodrich, Detroit Speed & Engineering, Baer Brakes are proud sponsors of the Midwest Musclecar Challenge!

It looks like we are going to have some nice give-a-ways for this event. We will do this in the form of a random raffle by car number! So everyone gets a chance to win some great prizes. You do not have to beat anyone on the track, you just have to be here to win!

Here is the recent Press Release

The Midwest Musclecar Challenge is a four-element event open to any domestic model year vehicles. The event will be run on September 3rd & 4th at two of the Midwest’s premier facilities, Putnam Park Road Course, in Mount Meridian, Indiana, and the Mid-American Air Center, located in Lawrenceville, Illinois. The four elements include road course, street driving, autocross and a speed-stop challenge.

The high horsepower fun will begin on Saturday with the Forgline Wheels Hot Lap Challenge. Putnam Park Road Course is a 1.87-mile, 10-turn, highly technical facility. A full day on the road course assures everyone plenty of track time and there will be instruction available for novices or those that want to improve their existing skills. 10/10ths Motorsport will be providing instructors for the Putnam Park Road course. We will have one run group for Advanced Drivers of any car type. You do not have to have a Muscle Car to register for this group but you do have to have advanced driving skills and be comfortable in a Passing Anywhere with No Pointbye driving situations. Spots for this group is limited to 20 drivers.

The track day will be followed by the Carbon Kustoms 99-mile cruise that will wind its way through the scenic byways of southern Indiana and Illinois. Utilizing primarily two lane highways and county roads, this element will highlight the road handling manners of the vehicles and give all the participants an opportunity to relax after a day at the track.

Sunday morning promises lots of activity for the day and the Mid-American Air Center is the ideal location to continue the high-octane extravaganza!

The nearly unlimited size of the Air Center allows for the creation of a one-of-a-kind Bowler Performance Transmissions Autocross course that will thrill both the drivers and spectators and push the entries to the ragged edge of performance.

The Baer Brake speed-stop challenge also promises to be an exciting event as we test the limits of acceleration, braking and driver skills all at the same time! The “stop box” will be the ultimate proof of mechanical functionality and driver talent.

Registration is now open and will be limited to the first 60 entries. Entry fee is $225 before August 31st and will be $295 the day of the event. Entry includes one vehicle and driver for each event. Spectators are welcome and free!

Go To http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com

Thanks for everyone who is coming to support this event!
      Last edited by MarkB; 08-25-2011 at 08:52 AM.

OK just signed up. MMCC1, last year, was my 1st event. I was pretty nervous about getting out on the track, since I hadn't driven a car really fast in 20yrs. I had an instructor with me just about every lap, and they will absolutely give you the confidense to get the most out of yourself and your car. By the end of the day I was surprising myself and probably my instructor too, or lets just say he wasn't hangin' on as tight. Putnum Park is a fast, but safe track, and Lawrenceville is one of the best autox tracks ever! Throw in a bunch of instructors, and you've got one heck of a deal!

Signed up and paid! We'll be there with the 66. Oddly enough I only have a short list of things that need to be done before the event....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com