Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, the car is STILL kicking me in the nuts!! I'm going to try, but can't promise I'll be there, we do have rooms booked just in case though!
      What is the car count now?

Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Signed up, and paid, Now am i and the car ready for the big track?
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Hows the registration going ?? Sold out yet ??
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Still Time to get in at the discounted amount!

Hey guys, registration is picking up and looks like we are going to have a great group at this event. But there is still spots available! Hurry and get registered before August 31st to get your discount!

We are now supporting the request of a passenger being able to drive a registered vehicle at a reduced rate. So when you sign up if you have a spouse or friend that would like to take your car around the track we have a spot online to register up to one passenger / friend to drive your registered vehicle. You will not be charged the $225, it will only be an additional $100.

We have also had requested to allow just entry for Sundays the autocross at Lawrenceville, IL. So if you are tied up Saturday and can't make it for both days and would like to come out and run the large autocross, feel free to do so. We can register you on location and the cost will be $100. You will need to be at the Mid American Air Center by 8:00 am CST Sunday.

We hear your requests, and that is what we put these event together for. We want to see everyone out with their cars and having a great time. This event is more about supporting the industry and educating all of us on how to mange our muscle cars around a track safely and with confidence. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has never been on a road course, no need to be afraid any more. No one has to go out there and beat someone with experience. We have set up run groups and will give everyone the opportunity to ride with a 10/10ths instructor and learn the correct way to get around the course.

Just a couple of the instructors that we all know that will be on hand is Bill Neal & Danny Popp! Come out and learn from a couple of the best! There will be other qualified & talented instructors on hand ready to help us out.

So don't hesitate, come out and have a great time!

Thanks for everyone who is already signed up and supporting the event.

Thank you to all of our sponsors that allows us to put this event together: 10/10ths, Forgeline Wheels, Royal Purple, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Bowler Performance Transmissions, PCS, Carbon Kustoms, Detroit Speed & Engineering, Spectre, Magnaflow, ridetech & Baer Brakes!
      Last edited by MarkB; 08-25-2011 at 08:53 AM.

I'm coming down with three cars likely buddy,,,see you then.
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by tazzz25906112 View Post
      I'm coming down with three cars likely buddy,,,see you then.
      If Albert is coming, it's going to be a good time for sure!
      Tom

Hey All,

I will be at Putnam Park on Saturday, but will not be able to make it out to IL for Sunday.

If anyone needs some tuning help or just wants me to take a look at anything Saturday, be sure to hunt me down or call me. If you want to be sure to nail down some time I would say it will be best to get ahold of me before hand.

One other thing, if you want to get an actual tune on the dyno and want to come by my shop in Indy one day the week before we can set that up also.

See y'all out there.

Mike Norris
      Mike Norris

I am getting excited about this event and we will have some great cars. I am working with some folks to put together the best schedule for the Saturday track day. We will have some Non Muscle cars at the event but they will be in their own group. What this does do is bring a lot of track day experience to the event.
      Don't hesitate to talk to other drivers in the paddock as they can no doubt share a lot of good experience.

We will be assigning the run groups as we get closer to the event. I will email the final track day event information to everyone a few days before the event.

Our overall intent is to keep this event alive and kicking for this year and then immediately start working on a bigger and better event for next year.

Sign up on line to make sure we get your information etc. as I send out for custom name tags etc. The cutoff to get one with your name on it is the Monday evening before the event. I send the order and usually get them back on thurs afternoon. I will have blanks though for those that cannot sign up in time before this cutoff.
      Signing up early also allows us to judge our need for instructors.

We will be doing some cool video stuff and will pick out some of your cars to put a go-pro camera on as well.

I will provide water and gatoraid for all the drivers at the event and this will be available at the 10/10ths trailer all day long on Saturday.

Looking forward to it and see you in a couple of weeks

Just signed up. Look forward to running and getting some instruction from 10/10ths and others.

Where are people staying Saturday night?

Thanks,
      Kevin Bird
      69 camaro

I'm in, I put run group as instructor which now I realize was incorrect. I should be in advanced.... but would like some instruction to learn the track if possible.

Matt
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Matt,

We will be setting up the run groups next week, so we can fix where you have registered. No problem. Thanks for signing up and supporting the event. I look forward to seeing everyone there. It looks like we are going to have a great turn out!

Thanks,

Mark

Tire Rating and Vehicles allowed

Hey guys I wanted to first of all thank everyone who is already signed up and and those who are coming to run the 2nd annaul MMC event.

We are getting excited about this event and there is already several great cars signed up.

As we all know we had a threat of loosing this event, but due to so many requests we have brought the event back. This was very tough to do, this late in the year, all of us companies budgets are spent and most all weekends are taken up with events already. So we worked with 10/10ths to grab one of their event dates to secure the Putnam track. Unfortanetly we landed on a holiday weekend and on top of Good Guys, Kansas and between a couple other events. But we have done just as we promised and the event is alive.

We were very fortunate to have Forgeline Wheels, Royal Purple, O'Reilly Auto Parts, 10/10ths Motorsports, Speed by Spectre, Carbon Kustoms, Powertrain Control Solutions, Detroit Speed & Engineering, BFGoodrich Tires, Bowler Performance Transmissions, Phantom Products and Baer Brakes all pull together to do what they could to support this event.

We will have goodies to raffle off from: Royal Purple, Forgeline, Detroit Speed, Spectre, BFGoodrich Tires, ridetech, Phantom Products, Baer Brakes, PCS and Bowler Performance Transmissions.

We will have sponsor pick awards along with top awards for Best Autocross time, Road course time, Speed stop time & the overall winner of the event. * These awards are only for the Musclecar segment of the event and all vehicles participanting must meet the MMC rules that can be found here: http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com/?page_id=20

Keep in mind to save this event we have had to alter what some of us may remember last year. We will have some Non Muscle cars at the event but they will be in their own group. As Bill Neal said "What this does do is bring a lot of track day experience to the event. Don't hesitate to talk to other drivers in the paddock as they can no doubt share a lot of good experience."

Now for the tire rating, I have had many people ask if they can come and run the event and not worry about the tire rating. I have made it clear to the ones who has requested this, we will allow you to run and enjoy the weekend, however we will not allow you to win any segment of the event. There is a rule in place for the MMC event since the beginning, which is for 200 tread wear or greater tires. We are still enforcing this rule for anyone who is competing. I am sorry for any confusion and I noticed that on 10/10ths web site it states 180, which I will take full blame for. But this is going will be changed. Anyone who is running and competing will be held to the same rules. Now with that said, if you are running a 180 tread wear and have already talked to me about this, you will be allowed to run you will get your money worth at the event, I can promise you this, but as I made clear you will not be allowed to win the event. This is an unfair advantage to the participants that are abiding by the rules that we have set in place.

I just wanted to clarify the rules for this event and the confusion of seeing this event being opened up to other vehicles or vehicles that may have a different tread wear rating.

We are trying are best to put together an event that everyone will enjoy and become educated. 10/10ths is going to put every effort in making us all more comfortable with our cars on a road course. To me this is the value in this event.

Thank you for the support and understanding. We will have better planning and preparation for 2012 and will try and avoid adding any confusion to the event.

Thanks,

Mark Bowler

I just signed up. I will be running 180tw tires unless someone wants to buy me some new ones,LOL. I know I can't win anything but fun and knowing I can run with everyone. I look forward to seeing where I place in the list of great cars and drivers. So remember, if I pass you it doesn't count or does it? LOL.

With some luck and determination I will have my high rpm miss fixed, damn igniton problem is what it has come down to but it didn't stop me at the Heidt's Muscle Car Challenge from placing 18th overall and 13th on the track. I had sooooo much fun running with everyone and seeing what the Cormaro could do as is and who would have ever thought I would have done so well?

Can't wait to see you all there!!!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Registration So Far & Satruday Night Suggestions

We are still getting people registered, but I thought I would post a link to the most recent update of people on the list as of Friday. I have also listed a few of the instructors that will be available for Saturday at the Road Course. Here is the link to the roster http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com/?page_id=508

There are still spots available, so don't hesitate. Sign up before August 31st to get the discounted rate of $225, which is for both days. If you can't make Saturday and would like to just run the Autocross on Sunday, please feel free to do so. Registration is at 8am at the Mid-American Air Center in Lawrenceville, IL. The cost for Sunday only is $100.00.

Now for the Saturday night Carbon Kustoms Cruise, we will leave Putnam Park at 6:00 PM EST. Any one is welcome to join this section of the event, it is free to all that attend. Now this year, we do not have a set destination. Sorry, no BBQ dinner at the park. We have a few options, so I would like some opinions please.

Option 1 - Stop at Lyon's Raceway Park and watch the VP Quick 32 Drag Races

Option 2 - Stop at Red Hill State Park and attend the Free Rock Concert & Free Hot Dogs,
      the Band is a Rock Band from California called Turning Point (70's Rock Music)

Opiton 3 - Gather at the Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn and just relax and hang out

Option 4 - Try and arrange a group that would like to go to dinner in Vincennes, IN
      (where the hotels are) and eat and mingle.

Option 5- Go to Bowler Transmission Shop and help me build transmissions to get caught
      up : )

Option 6 - Everyone fend for themselfs, once into Vincennes, IN

Let me know what everyone feels on the cruise and I will see if I can make any arrangments

Thanks again for everyone who is supporting this event. I was nervous trying to keep it alive this late in the game. But I am thankful that I did, it looks like we are going to have a great turnout and the weather looks as it is going to be good the whole weekend!

Thanks,
      Mark Bowler

My thoughts:
      4. We all gotta eat, and it would be better to be able to go as a group to hang out (although a PITA to coordinate!).
      1. Sounds like fun, but I'd prolly stay out late till they shut down and be dead the next day!
      3. We are going to do that anyway! LOL

I got the car together finally, just need o put a few more miles on it this week to make sure it will go and not blow!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Mark, i think #5 is only if anyone kills a tranny at putnam park.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

I vote for #4
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

3 Or 4 sound good to me, but 5 is always an option... We could throw our beat up grill in the wagon and do dogs and burgers in the comfort suites parking lot. We should also have plenty of chocolate chip cookies to go around since Kaytlin is coming along.

4 sounds good to me and then slide into 3 afterward, I haven't been to an event yet where we didn't make the parking lot our playground until 10 or 11 pm.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Mark I'm thinking the gang will need a good meal/BBQ after running all day Saturday buddy so I guess it'll be the Carbon Kustoms Cruise & BBQ,,,, call me Monday and we'll work out the details as I've been known to jump behind a grill or two in my day (with a smile) bud.... That is if you haven't otherwise committed to something else of course.....

Sorry Mark thought I was typing in a pm and posted pal,,,, don't I feel like the fool already....
      Last edited by tazzz25906112; 08-28-2011 at 07:15 PM.
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com