Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1971 Pontiac Firebird Formula

All that is left is the Vintage Air Wiring, New Gauges and the Sound System. Bored out 400 with 455 Crank. Moser 3.73 rear end. 200-4r tranny. Rotisserie Build.

Went way over budget and took way too much time..........but I love it.

Name:  IMG_1498.jpg
Views: 9413
Size:  237.8 KBName:  IMG_1496.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  223.7 KBName:  IMG_1499.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  215.4 KB

That's sexy!

Thank you. It was a love/hate relationship for sure. Actually became a source of embarrassment for a while for me. Just took so long to complete.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

it looks mean! what wheels are those?

They are Niche Apex's . 18" all around. I may lower the front a little bit down the road but I kind of like it where it sits right now. Kind of has a old school stance but still sleek with wheels and tires

I have hotchkis on my nova with the 2 inch drop and it really helped the stance I want to get some 18's too

I have golden west and believe it or not it was supposed be a 2" drop as well. Problem being is the Pontiac 400 is not a big block as many think it is. They use the same block as in the 400 as they do the 455. I also dropped a lot of front end weight with what I did. I am actually liking the stance more everyday though. Not sure if I will change it yet or not

Very cool, I love the Formulas with the Trans Am fenders/spoilers... which just happens to be what I'm doing, haha.

I'd put a thousand miles or two on it first, and let it settle before lowering it a tad more, settling of .5-1" is fairly common. But cutting 1/2 a coil might get it sitting perfect, doesn't take much sometimes, and it's not enough to really effect the feel of the car.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com