Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Thanks Guys!

Threaded View

Thanks Guys!

Hey, as a "first timer" at one of the Pro-Touring events, I just wanted to make sure I showed my appreciation for what I think is a uniquely high quality group of people. I've done bunches of track days (with "normal" cars like BMWs), spent time on the drag strip, etc - yet I've never seen such a group of people with varied interests and an honest willingness to help each other out. Words can't describe it. Randy Bell was awesome in my co-pilot seat giving me some tips on Gingerman - too bad we didn't have more time. And rather than just beating me up, he was laughing and enjoying himself the entire session. I think part of it was because he was a little messed up not having a roof over hime and a cage bar in the middle of the windshield. After my first Autox run, Chris Jacobs - who I had never met before - comes running over and gives me a couple tips (which I used) that helped see my times consistently get faster as the day went on. The Pontiac has never been on a road or autox before, just put new varishocks, rear sway bar and front brakes on with no seat time whatsoever. Took a stab at suspension settings but no testing. I was really intimidated at the idea of slewing the big red barge around the courses but thanks to guys like Matt, Randy, Vinny, Chris, Imran, Dan Swanson, Rubens, Ron S and a whole bunch of guys for welcoming a newbie.

For anyone who hasn't come and is a little intimidated by the quality and experience of the "regulars", don't walk - RUN to sign up for the next event. Bill Howell has these things put together right and the group is awesome.

'66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com