Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Good read Mary, the stop challenge was very frustrating. Here is video of my best run ( I did not realize my stepson left the camera zoomed in ) The black strip running across the track was causing most of the cars to lock up after hitting it. Good times

The red flag dude held up his fingers showing I missed the cone by 1" , ergo my response " I'm done "

http://youtu.be/sf26eCruioU?t=26s

Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      After getting home and rested, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank Heidt's Hot Rod and Muscle Car Parts, FM3 Performance Marketing, Autobahn Country Club, and all of the individual sponsors for making the Heidt's Performance Car Challenge the best and most fun Pro-Touring style event I've ever participated in. From the initial "pre-event dinner" Thursday evening, the cruise up to and back from Heidt's cool facility and that yummy BBQ (that potato recipe MUST be shared), the entertaining driver's meetings both days, more track time than anyone would ask for, a decent and fun autocross on what first appeared to be a postage-stamp sized lot, very well thought out braking challenge, and the awards banquet (okay ... weenies and burgers isn't banquet fare but it was really good anyways), the organization, planning, and fun was quite apparent. Thanks again and I can't wait until next year ...

For me, thanks are also in order to Phil from the Roadster Shop as he loaned me Chris. On Saturday, Chris expertly welded up some emergency suspension repairs and got the Camaro back in the game for Sunday's competition. Thanks also go to Mark Stielow who "designed and fabricated" an impromptu engine breather system and I'm so tempted to have an engraved plate made with Mark's name and a P/N for "the tank." It worked quite well and as I can't remember who I "borrowed" the tubing for the vent from, if you are reading this, please PM me with your address and I'll get it back to you ...

There's a reason I only got about eight laps on the North Course as the breather system breathed a bit too well. You have no idea how much area a half quart or so of oil can get to but I'll tell you this ... it takes about two hours and several rolls of industrial paper shop towels to clean it up.

Mark's tank ...

And thanks to Bret Voelkel and the entire ridetech crew as their SA coilover shock package helped my Camaro get around corners very well. It's good to know I've got a few more adjustments available in the suspension tuning arsenal. Thanks, too for the hospitality during my stay in Jasper, IN ...

Here's a couple of random pictures ...

Scott Maki (Protour73), James Shipka (James OLC), and me ...

"Runt" and I absolutely LOVE THIS CAR ...

Ahhhhh yes ... the bet. More on this in another post.

Mary Pozzi

Mary

Don't worry about the vent hose. If it's still in your trailer I'll pick it up at SEMA/OUSCI.
      Congratulations again on an awesome performance. When we found out that you, James, and Mark were going to be there we knew it was going to be a tough battle between the three of you. Sorry to hear about more trailer tire carnage on the way home. If that's the worst thing that happened I guess it wasn't too bad of a trip.
      It was great seeing you all in our area and we look forward to having you come back next year.
      Chris Jacobs

Country Flag: United States
      What a time it was!!!!

I just got done pulling the rotor off of the right right rear and I can't believe I still have more than enough to turn it down and still have lots left. The pads are wafer thin on the other side too!

After seeing Mary's rotor I was thinking mine would be in sad shape from 3 stop challenge runs, 6 autox passes, the ride home and several trips around town to a couple of my favorite places and car shows. I know now that the stock Vette rotors are pretty damn good n durable and I will run the m till they can't go anymore.

I am trying to decide on pads and just don't have a clue as to what I want, If anyone has any idea as to what would be both good stopping power and long lasting I am open to suggestions.

I keep thinking about Mark's comment as to how drama free the event was and how we are all getting better across the whole gammet of event punishment and I want to thank him for the observation because I try my best to prepare for these events and have never done as good as I did even with problems. thought it would be a group C run of events for me after the 1st session in group B and I still can't believe I actually saw the blue and yellow striped flag and it wasn't for me, I would tell you who I passed up but it wouldn't be right since I am not totally sure that it was all me and the Cormaro that made it happen but it was fun and a big smile to know that I can run with the best out there and actually compete.

I was chasing Bill Herder for a session and was sure he would kick my butt because he so much more power and it wasn't until his bad luck I actually passed him. He really kept my foot deep in the gas and high end miss and the brakes got ate up chasing him deep in the corners. He has one heck of a beautiful car that runs as good as it looks. Hope you get it all back together Bill and it stays that way for a long time.

Karl Dunn also kept me pushing and it was as much fun in the parking lot as it was in the paddock. Hope he made it home and the front spoiler held up all the way from the cone damage. It was the 1st time working on a Mustang since 1977 when I had a 69 Grande 6 cyl 3 spd and it was a pleasure to see his car do so well. Parnelli Jones should be proud!!!

Thanks to all of you who gave me compliments about the Cormaro on how well it looked in the corners, who would ever think that a stock C4 setup would be so good?

Hope to be there next year all prepared and running like it should, I will be a lot more confident thanks to the best event I have run so far!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Thanks Chris ...

I'll make sure that hose gets back in the trailer and it'll be there for optima. The Heidt's event is on my next year "must do" list and thanks again for the loan. You saved me!

Mary P.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Funny stuff Mary,bummer about the trailer tires,sorry I couldn't get you mine before you left.
      '67 Buick Skylark GS400 funny car "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM / Gasoline (Swedish) cover & feature 2/12
      World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
      Used to be known as musclecarjohn

www.buickfunnycar.com
      http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar

Yeah Jim thanks again. Your fix saved me from having the spoiler flapping around for the 8 hr. ride home. Boy I loved that track! It wasn't too technical. Just a lot of fun! See y'all next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com