Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Parking lights come on when applying brakes HELP

I just finished putting in a 01 Trans Am dash in my 73 Firebird. I've had Autometer gauges in it for about 10 years now(old dash and now the new dash). I pulled the steering column out to replace it with a tilt unit out of a 78 Firebird then just put the old one back in. I had brake, turn signals, and hazards before, now when you step on the brakes all the lights (brake & front turn signal lamps) light up. While stepping on the brakes if I turn on the turn signal there is a quick flash of that side and then the lights just stay on. I've checked all the connections on the column, fuse box, body grounds, and replaced the flasher, brake & turn signal fuses, and brake light switch. The headlight switch is just hanging right now, I need to wire it to the 2001 headlight switch(still have to figure out that one). I did remove the courtsey lamp lights and harness and will replace later with led's.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!! Wiring to me is like a bowl of noodles

Thanks
      Val
      US Army Retired
      Desert Storm, OIF 2003 & 2004
      1973 Firebird
      2001 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like you have a bulb shorted or a wire pinched somewhere.
      Brad Shepard
      69 Malibu
      Marshall, MO

Country Flag: United States
      Found it! It ended up being the fuse for the gauges if that makes any sense. I pulled the fuse out and cleaned the ends put it in and they work just fine. While I hade the dash apart I also wired in the LED turn signals. It all works perfect now. Thanks for your sugestions!!!

Val

US Army Retired
      Desert Storm, OIF 2003 & 2004
      1973 Firebird
      2001 Trans Am WS6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com