Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2000
      Location
      Thousand Oaks California
      Posts
      9,792
      Country Flag: United States

      Heidts Performance Car Challenge - Midwest registration

      Since it took me a minute to find this link I thought I would post it.



      http://www.heidtsperformancecarchall...lenge/info.asp
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      88
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Larry. Are you going to make it to this one?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jan 2000
      Location
      Thousand Oaks California
      Posts
      9,792
      Country Flag: United States
      I wish. Too broke, too many days off work sick, too high a credit card balance. LOL! Next year I am planning to attend a lot of events and with any luck MotiV8r will be at some of them.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Posts
      144
      Hey crew - we've heard from a few folks out there that some of you might be a little nervous about coming out to play because you feel you're inexperienced or that your car may not be competitive. Let me be the first to reassure you that you are welcome and we will do everything we can to make you comfortable. These events are designed to allow everyone to have fun and our emphasis is on getting folks out to participate, not the overall competition.

      Sure, the clock is running on every lap, but nobody has any expectations. You're going to earn a ton of respect from us and all the participants if this is your first event. This is the perfect type of event to learn what an apex is and to try that heel/toe braking technique. There are no professional drivers here, and we'll even put you in a run group that fits your speed and style.

      I can't emphasize enough how much fun it is to be able to run your car as fast as you feel comfortable. The feeling you get when you exit the turn at the the exact spot you envisioned and then roll onto the throttle down the straight is unbelievable. Shaving a half second off your last lap time on the autocross makes your chest swell with pride. Having spectators come over and shake your hand when you pull into the paddock area after a session makes it all worthwhile.

      And, how many people are going to show up at work on Monday and say "I just did a 1:20.3 lap at Autobahn yesterday and Mary Pozzi helped me shave a full second off my autocross time!" You'll be hanging out with some of the industries highest profile names and companies, not to mention having more fun with your car than a barrel of monkeys! For around $350, you can have an entire weekend of a lifetime! Sign up at http://www.heidtsperformancecarchallenge.com
      Jimi Day
      FM3 Performance Marketing, Inc.
      http://www.fm3marketing.com

      "The timid hang back. But those with courage will march on." - Walter P. Chrysler

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Central California
      Posts
      2,050
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by justimagine View Post
      And, how many people are going to show up at work on Monday and say "I just did a 1:20.3 lap at Autobahn yesterday and Mary Pozzi helped me shave a full second off my autocross time!" You'll be hanging out with some of the industries highest profile names and companies, not to mention having more fun with your car than a barrel of monkeys! For around $350, you can have an entire weekend of a lifetime! Sign up at http://www.heidtsperformancecarchallenge.com
      Only one second, Jimi??? I'll be trying for improvement of at least two ...

      Hey, is there a Host Hotel?? I need to make reservations somewhere soon or I'll be camping it in the Haulmark Hilton in some dank, smelly truck stop doing my best to hide from Big Wanda ...

      Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

      "STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

      "It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "


    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      Pgh, PA
      Posts
      2,332
      Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Only one second, Jimi??? I'll be trying for improvement of at least two ...

      Mary Pozzi
      Ok now Mary, I'm going to hold you to that.... Of course 2 seconds off of my likely dead slow times isn't much of an improvement.
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      1,469
      It's all good,,, Mary will show you how to carve seconds off the lap gang and I'll show you how to deliver mass suicide on multiple cones just for ****s and giggles.... Heck this all about fun and if you've killed as many cones as me,,, you too can speak from experience LOL..... The event will be a blast and hey if you knock a few down it'll just give you something to try to outdo in the next run.

      Now if you really want to get Mary smiling just remind her that her Birthday may just fall on this event,,,, what do you think Jimi, is going to be Mary's Birthday at this one???? You know she'll like that Birthday nectar of the Gods that seems to mysteriously show up??? Heck I want to see her navigate the auto cross course blindfolded the morning after with he assistance of a navigator in the passenger seat (I'll even volunteer just for ****s and giggles)..... Oh yeah before I forget,,, Mary I promise not to put a twist on your famous line kiddo...
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Beverly Hills, MI
      Posts
      42
      Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Hey, is there a Host Hotel?? I need to make reservations somewhere soon or I'll be camping it in the Haulmark Hilton in some dank, smelly truck stop doing my best to hide from Big Wanda ...

      Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      Is there a host hotel or a prefered hotel. I'm thinking of going if I can find time. I'm missing Motorstate this weekend.

      Mark

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      Pgh, PA
      Posts
      2,332
      Hotel:
      Holiday Inn Joliet Banquet and Conference Center
      411 South Larkin Ave , Joliet IL 60436
      Phone (815)729-2000 Fax (815)730-0470
      www.holidayinnjoliet.com Group # HPCC

      $99 plus tax
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Posts
      867
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stielow View Post
      Is there a host hotel or a prefered hotel. I'm thinking of going if I can find time. I'm missing Motorstate this weekend.

      Mark
      Hey Mark, these hotels are in a great area and are close to the Autobahn facility.


      Fairfield Inn - Joliet
      1501 Riverboat Center Drive, Joliet, IL
      (815) 741-3499 ‎

      TownePlace Suites Joliet South
      1515 Riverboat Center Dr Joliet, Illinois
      (815) 741-2400

      Hampton Inn Joliet - I-80
      1521 Riverboat Center Drive, Joliet, IL
      (815) 725-2424 ‎

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Beverly Hills, MI
      Posts
      42
      Quote Originally Posted by protour73 View Post
      Hey Mark, these hotels are in a great area and are close to the Autobahn facility.


      Fairfield Inn - Joliet
      1501 Riverboat Center Drive, Joliet, IL
      (815) 741-3499 ‎

      TownePlace Suites Joliet South
      1515 Riverboat Center Dr Joliet, Illinois
      (815) 741-2400

      Hampton Inn Joliet - I-80
      1521 Riverboat Center Drive, Joliet, IL
      (815) 725-2424 ‎
      So book into here or one of the above?

      Holiday Inn Joliet Banquet and Conference Center
      411 South Larkin Ave , Joliet IL 60436
      Phone (815)729-2000 Fax (815)730-0470
      www.holidayinnjoliet.com Group # HPCC

      Getting ready to book 4 rooms and would like to be in the "main or hoist" hotel

      Thanks

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,930
      Country Flag: United States
      i live just under about 45 mins from this place..if anyone needs a trailer or anything let me know..be happy to help out..im hoping to come watch one of the days..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Posts
      867
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stielow View Post
      So book into here or one of the above?

      Holiday Inn Joliet Banquet and Conference Center
      411 South Larkin Ave , Joliet IL 60436
      Phone (815)729-2000 Fax (815)730-0470
      www.holidayinnjoliet.com Group # HPCC


      Getting ready to book 4 rooms and would like to be in the "main or host" hotel

      Thanks
      The Holiday Inn Joliet Banquet and Conference Center is the host hotel, I only posted those other 3 as alternatives. Book away Mark!!