Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010 Camaro interior in 70 chevelle

I bought some seats from a 10 Camaro and plan on installing them in my Chevelle. Has anyone done this, and how did they go about wiring the power adjustments up. A wiring diagram would be a big help. I am still in the process of figuring out a way to mount them. Any suggestions on testing the power adjustments? I think the seats were heated but am unsure as the person i purchased them from didn't tell me.

re

Cant believe no one has interest in this. Heres some pics of how my install is going. The seat is sweet and very comfortable, especially compared to my bench seat. I'm really happy with the drivers side so far and it hasn't been too hard to adapt. Here's some pics.
      Attached Images Attached Images            

I bought the same seats for my 67 but haven't got to the wiring portion yet, did you get the rear seat as well?

Wiring should be simple.
      Matt - 1970 Chevelle

www.street-demons.com

I've been thinking about buying some seats like this for my 69 Chevelle. Do they sit lower than the factory bench seat? How high off of the floor is the front of the seat bottom? Any other measurement's or pics would help. What's your plan for the rear seats? I'd like to put the matching rear gen 5 Camaro seats, but I think that they may be too narrow.

Country Flag: United States
      they look really bulky and high. Make sure you aren't sticking your head through the roof.

I'd be interested.....
      If I knew how much higher the seat base was.

I hope you got the rears too, because its going to look funny without a matching rear.
      Especially camel interior with black seat fronts.

I've seen the GTO seats in F-body's and A-body's and they're just too big and bulky.
      Awesome seats, but just too big and the rears eat up the entire leg room.

sorta figured they would be too big

when sitting in the seat, ideally you want your eyes to be at or just slightly below the center of the windshield. They look neat, but as mentioned above they do look a hair large for that set-up

I like those LA-Z-boy recliners

seating arrangement

HMM nice thread, never even got as far as even upgrading a interior. My 64 F-85 pro-touring car will retain the granny interior including the vinyl bench seat with the installation of good seat belts, vinyl floor and no rear arm rests-at least for along time. Anyway my first thoughts on your project are maybe taking a long straight edge and putting it across the door sills and measure the height from the floor to the seat frame, the height maybe different as the floor may have a taper from front to rear. If the seats are going to sit to high you may have to cut down and weld the frame brackets. Does the seat frame support bolt holes match or get close to the originals? The center of the steering wheel should be close to the center of the drivers seat center? Just a novice at all this, some thoughts
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

Looks cool but I'd like to see how it turns out with the rear. Wiring can't be too difficult can it? How many wires are there?

I went with 2005 GTO fully electric seats in the front and I installed the rear seats as well. The rears had to be trimmed to get them to fit. The fronts sit nice once the OEM bracket was trimmed to fit. Looks good!

Man that is a great shaped and looking seat. Whack the headrest off and fill the void so that the seat is even across the top, you instantly lose 5". Bam problem solved.
      You can also sink the pan down a few inches if needed to drop the seat height. Basically make footwell to footwell level.
      Mark Pearce

Vini Vidi Vici

how did the install go I was thinking of doing the same thing

how did the hieght and width turn out

I know this is an old thread but I went ahead and bit the bullet on it and tried it myself. I will post pictures of the result, I am 6'4" I got the drivers seat in and it sits great! It took a bit of modification of the seat itself, but I am extremely happy with the result. Again, I will post pictures to this thread when I complete the project and give everyone an idea of how it works out.

Edit: As far as the wiring goes, it is extremely simple to get the seat working. I am still working on figuring out how to get the seat heaters to work, for some reason that is important to me even though I live in Texas....

hope it turns out good for you,when I purchased my 69 Camaro it came with a full set from a 2010 Camaro and was hoping to get them installed.

Quote Originally Posted by poolboy 67 View Post
      i bought the same seats for my 67 but haven't got to the wiring portion yet, did you get the rear seat as well?
      did you get the seats installed in your 67?

Quote Originally Posted by chevy111 View Post
      i bought some seats from a 10 camaro and plan on installing them in my chevelle. Has anyone done this, and how did they go about wiring the power adjustments up. A wiring diagram would be a big help. I am still in the process of figuring out a way to mount them. Any suggestions on testing the power adjustments? I think the seats were heated but am unsure as the person i purchased them from didn't tell me.
      how did you wire the seat?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com