Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      If you are just looking for power, take the big connector and just use the thick black wire for ground and the other thick wire, I think it's red/white or orange, and put power to it. I just installed a set into my buddy's 69 Camaro. Super tight fit in a Camaro. Sorry for the huge pics. I resized them twice and they still come out monster size.

Alex
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CapSS92 View Post
      If you are just looking for power, take the big connector and just use the thick black wire for ground and the other thick wire, I think it's red/white or orange, and put power to it. I just installed a set into my buddy's 69 Camaro. Super tight fit in a Camaro. Sorry for the huge pics. I resized them twice and they still come out monster size.

Alex
      Haven't heard from the OP on here for years, so no chance of hijacking lol. Alex, I would love to see more pics of how you inegrated the camaro dash/interior into yours. It looks awesome. i checked your posts here but didnt find any...

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Hi, not much to tell really. I copied what everyone else on the web did lol. I was supposed to finish the LS wiring on it as my friend had already installed the dash using some home made brackets. But it keep drooping down so I told him to get me the dash support piece that runs underneath. Luckily his other friend crashed a just paid off 2011 Camaro. So he brought me the support along with the ends cut out from the body where it bolted onto. The support is the perfect width. I just welded the ends onto right about where the covers for the door hinge bolts are. He had already trimmed the dash to fit. He cut it up to about where the center trim piece is. I think it's a speaker or a vent. Bolted the dash onto the support and done. I used a Vintage Air unit with no defrost since we had no room for defrost. Gutted out the center vent and made an ABS piece to mount the controls onto there along with a vent for the center. Used some strap to mount the column and used the stock pedals. It's tight but he didn't give me much to work with. The car is already painted and making a proper mount would have meant cutting up the firewall. It works but meh. I used an aftermarket stereo kit for the head unit and mounted the window switches and hazard switch where the AC controls went. He wanted to use his horseshoe shifter so I'm still working on that. Gotta figure out how to mount the gear shift indicator. Used the guts from a Tahoe 1997 instrument cluster to run the fuel, oil, water, and battery console gauges. Had Blackcat Customs make me new overlays to match. Used New Vintage USA carbon fiber looking gauges for the tach and speedo and a Chinese push button start/alarm kit he provided to turn it on. Hardest part was making the turn signals and high beam switch work. But I dun it. Made a plate to mount the wiper motor from an Astrovan and the wiper switch from the Camaro worked great for high and low speeds only. I could have wired up the washer as well but it's a cruiser and we're in west Texas so he don't care. Used a steering wheel from a Sonic RS cause it matched his RS theme. Fit like a champ and they make airbag "covers" (ie fake) for those years so we didn't have to hustle with a live airbag. Used a PAC controller for steering wheel controls and got everything to work on the wheel except for the cruise control. Too complicated for this build. Used relays also to control the headlamps and parking lights with the Camaro switch. All the controls light up at night as well. Bought a ebay link to an FSM for $10 that proved invaluable in figuring out the wiring. For the console I just welded in the center piece where the console and parking brake mount. The front of the console bolts up to the dash once its mounted. And finally for the outside used 98-02 F-body disc brakes front and rear, Fbody headlight controller along with same motors to control the headlight doors and a trunk release from an 85 Crown Victoria to make the trunk electric. All parts from the Pull-a-Part mostly for about what he would have paid for just an aftermarket RS headlight door kit.

Part two

OP has obviously abandoned us, but good news is I have done it myself in my 1970 chevelle! Hooking up power is extremely easy, just run a power wire with a spade connector to one of the pins connected to the harness on the seat. I just hid the harness under the seat and ran that wire to it, then ran another spade connector to the ground side. Then make sure the power is running to a 25A fuse. I installed both the passenger and drivers seat and they fit perfectly! With the ability to lower the seat with power, I have more than enough room for my head in the car. And I am 6'4" so I don't think you guys should have any issues. I'll post a picture here in a minute!

Wow, always been a fan of keeping the classic interiors, but have to say those look great! The console, the gauges, everything works, I guess it helps that the 2010 camaro has retro styling as well.

Yeah it was an effort but it came out good in the end. I'm just glad we got everything to work lol. It was fun figuring it out.

Alex

Sorry for the slow response on my last post, got a new phone and had a hard time tracking down the thread again. Here is my car after putting the Camaro seats in. They turned out great!Name:  IMG_20180819_154618.jpg
Views: 1580
Size:  266.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180819_154626.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  217.6 KB

Did you manage to fit the rear seat also?

Did you install the rear seat as well?
      A day late and a dollar short!

I installed the rear seat. Had to narrow and shorten the back to work with minitubs. Also had to make some filler panels to make up for the seat bottom width. The front seats go so far back that the back seat really isn’t useable imho. But it looks pretty good and even folds down.

Edit: I just realized this is a Chevelle thread. My car was a 69 Camaro.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com