Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

Daytime Running Lights - 69 Camaro

I've been working on these for a while now and just completed the 69 Camaro units. Here is a side by side comparison of stock vs. Illumin8s. One thing to note is that the use of a no-load flasher is required. The Camaro that I used is an RS car that is really clean. I'll get some photos of the car on the road later this week.

Comparison between Stock and Illumin8s

LED flashing
      When the parking lights are on the LED's are white and when the blinker pulse is actuated the LED's flash between white and amber. When the parking lights are not in use, the LED's flash amber as the stock bulb would.

They look good! These fit in your stock lenses.

For information contact me at [email protected]

Tony Edler
      Last edited by Bigblue73; 05-23-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: email address corrected

Here is a shot of a 1967 RS/SS (Member 1967LS2) with an Anvil front valance with the '69 parking lights. Looks Awesome!

Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

'73 Dodge Challenger

Nice! Thanks for posting up the picture. Tony was extremely helpful with customer service, and providing quick responses to all of my inquires. He also helped me diagnose a minor wiring issue I was having on my end and took the time to follow up with me to see if I had worked everything out the following day. Thanks again Tony, I have been receiving tons of compliments on the lights!

Full production on the '69 Camaro's is just completed. Thank you for all the inquiries.
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s

'73 Dodge Challenger

I've had quite a inquires regarding the '69 Camaro units. These units use the factory lenses and housings and there are no wiring modifications to the factory harness just the replacement of the flasher relay which is supplied with the kit. All plug and play. You can maintain your stock appearance and have LED's.

Be Seen While Being Heard!
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s

'73 Dodge Challenger

Country Flag: United States
      Tony, any luck with the early 2nd gen firebird kits yet?
      Greg

I'm interest. Is the picture with them off in amber the lens"look" or are they clear diamond style?

The lenses shown are all stock '69 stuff. Greg I haven't forgot you.....the second gens are hard to find around my neck of the woods.
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s

'73 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblue73 View Post
      The lenses shown are all stock '69 stuff. Greg I haven't forgot you.....the second gens are hard to find around my neck of the woods.
      I'm on ebay and craigslist all the time looking for the housings. If I come across a cheap set I'll get them and send them out to you.
      Greg

I am interested in picking up a set of these lights for my '69 Camaro.... any idea where/how to purchase them?

Thanks,

Chris
      Tampa, FL.

illumin8s Installed!

I wanted to thank Tony for sending me his illumin8s LED Driving Lights! Like most First Gen owners realize, the parking lights just were not functional and I looked to alternatives. I considered a set of Fessler lights, which run about $300+ for the set, which are nice and include new billet casings, but you lose the turn signal capability. For about $150 more, Fessler includes the turn signal and driving light combo, but I did not want to pay that much. I ran across this thread and sent Tony an e-mail. A couple of days later, my new illumin8s arrived and it took all of 10 minutes to make the conversion! Here is a shot of the stock lights vice the illumin8s....

Name:  Stock vs illumin8s.jpg
Views: 8547
Size:  19.8 KB

Here is a shot of the illumin8s by themselves.....

Name:  New lights3.jpg
Views: 9223
Size:  357.2 KB

And, here is a shot at our Dairy Queen Car Show last night with my H4' and illumin8s....

Name:  IMAG2895.jpg
Views: 10181
Size:  171.6 KB

What I like about Tony's illumin8s is the bright LED for driving and the equally bright amber for turn signals. I can assure anyone thinking about installing these lights, you won't be disappointed. One the BEST mods I have done on my '69 SS/RS vert!

Thanks Tony!!!

Name:  Chris Sig Lounge Color Background.png
Views: 7751
Size:  8.8 KB

Thanks for posting. Your car looks really clean. I too have been debating on a mod to the parking lights and recently added Cibie H4 e-code lights with city-light as a running light which I think will look good behind my RS doors. Your post helps.
      1969 Camaro SS/RS badging, Cortez Silver Black Hockey, LS2 Speed Inc Si5v2 cam, American Powertrain T56 Magnum, Rushforth Rated-X Smoked Titanium, DSE 2" springs, DSE Dash with AutoMeter UltraLite IIs. Engine and Transmission swap by Paradise Road Rod and Custom

Does anyone know what lights DSE used in Michael Manning's '69? If you watch the video on youtube, you can see very bright driving lights, and then they turn off to show amber just like stock. I'd like the ability to use a separate switch to turn on the white LED lights only when I want.
      1969 Camaro SS/RS badging, Cortez Silver Black Hockey, LS2 Speed Inc Si5v2 cam, American Powertrain T56 Magnum, Rushforth Rated-X Smoked Titanium, DSE 2" springs, DSE Dash with AutoMeter UltraLite IIs. Engine and Transmission swap by Paradise Road Rod and Custom

Update - It's been brought to my attention that their are reproductions lenses on the aftermarket that bare the "Officially Licensed By General Motors" screen printing on the packaging. My tabs did not fit properly as they have designed around factory original lenses. I purchased a set of these lenses from NPD and have found that they are not even close dimensionally to the OEM originals. So from here on out the question will be asked if your lenses have "Numbering" or not. For those that have experienced this please contact me and I will send you a new set of tabs at no charge. Thanks for all your support.

On the left is the Factory Original and on the Right is the Reproduction with "No Lettering or Numbers"

Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      Last edited by Bigblue73; 02-20-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Inserted Photo
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s

'73 Dodge Challenger

I've already installed LED tail lights and I really like these.

What do they cost??
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

Anyone know what these are running? $$$$$?

^What he said.

Cost is $129.00 plus shipping and includes the stainless steel mounting tabs, LED arrays, a electronic no-load flasher and detailed instructions.
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s

'73 Dodge Challenger

How about anything for a 66-67 nova?

Nice product.

As soon as I can scrape some $$$$ together, I'm putting in an order.
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com