• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

PSMC3 Info and Registration Open !

PSMC3 Info and Registration

Come join the 2011 Peach State Muscle Car Challenge
      August 5th, 6th & 7th 2011 in Georgia

There will be events on all three days and we encourage you to try spend as much time there as you can. Come have some fun with the gang from both Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-g.net in Georgia.

All events will run rain or shine. Sorry, there will be no refunds

HELMETS ARE REQUIRED per insurance regulations .
      Don't forget your helmet !

Thanks again to Jeff Tate and David and Tammy Sloan for sponsoring the 2011 Peach State Muscle Car Challenge (PSMC)

The PSMC starts on Friday August 5th and ends Sunday the 7th. There will be events on all three days and we encourage you to try spend as much time there as you can. Come have some fun with the gang from both Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-g.net in Georgia.

If you would like to join us please register below

Friday August 5th, 2011 :
      Cruise and Dinner ( Cruise is Free of course , The tour at AMP is Free also , and dinner is pay your own way .)
      We will meet at around 12:00 noon at David Sloan's place ( 265 Willie West Road , Canton Ga. 30114 ).
      Then cruise some scenic North Ga. Mountain highways to Dawsonville,Ga. ( approx. 40 miles one way ) , and tour Atlanta Motorsports Park ( 20 Duck Thurmond Road, Dawsonville, GA 30534).http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.net/
      Jeremy Porter of AMP , is going to give us a VIP Tour of the roadcourse and facilities.
      We hope to form a relationship that will allow us to have a big event at AMP in the future ..
      Then, on the way back , we will have dinner at Davis Bar-B-Que 3958 Refuge Rd., Jasper Ga. 30143 ( Home of the Davis Round Table ). This restaurant is quaint, and is located in an antibelllum-country house setting .
      Then cruise back to David's Toy Box in Canton to hang out , bench race etc..

Check out the Davis Bar-B-Que at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Davis-...219882?sk=wall

Saturday August 6th, 2011:
      Autocrossing ( $50 per car )
      We will once again be autocrossing at red top Auto Auction http://www.redtopcollectorcar.com/ in Cartersville, Ga. from 7:00am to 3:00pm ( approximately)
      Wallace Sanford of red top Auction has graciously offered to let us use his parking lot again this year !!
      Then we will all join in on the huge Cruise Night festivities in the Historic Cartersville Square till the sun sets ( and beyond ).
      Then , hang out at the host hotel 'till whenever.

Sunday August 7th, 2011:
      More Autocrossing ! ( $50 per car )
      More autocrossing at Red Top . ( 7:00am to 3:00pm approximately )
      We figured two days of autocrossing would be better , since that's primarily what our cars are set up for.

Event T-shirts are $20 for Small-XL and $22 for 3XL and 4XL

If you need a hotel we have a group rate at the Garden Inn Hilton hotel
      Tell them you are with group block Pro-Touring.com an they will hook you up with a room.

Last edited by JEFFTATE; 07-25-2011 at 12:00 PM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Going to be a a great time! Come join us to run your car or just hang out.

Robert

Awesome! I might actually be in town for this one AND have a car running!

The host hotel should be charging :
      $89 per night w/o breakfast
      OR
      $99 per night w/breakfast .

If anybody gets anything to the contrary , let me know ..

The GROUP /CONVENTION CODE is PR1 All caps ..
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 05-21-2011 at 04:56 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

I got extremely excited when I saw the AMP logo. You are just a big tease, Jeff!!

Will register ASAP and I'm looking forward to it!!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

Quote Originally Posted by HectorM52 View Post
      I got extremely excited when I saw the AMP logo. You are just a big tease, Jeff!!

Will register ASAP and I'm looking forward to it!!
      If we had the budget this year , we'd have it , but......
      We are getting the ducks in a row for next year ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Next year we definitely need to do the PSMC-Spring and PSMC-Fall events. Road track then auto-x.

Sorry, getting ahead of myself, I know.
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56

will be registering very soon....looking forward too it!!!!!
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

I'm registered and got the hotel reserved . Now I just have to get the trans fixed in Z and the cam advanced and thats about it . I CAN'T WAIT
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 06-02-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Jeff, You know I am in. This is one of the best kept secrets in the event schedule and I wouldn't dare miss the chance to get lots of autocross laps in.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Next year we definitely need to do the PSMC-Spring and PSMC-Fall events. Road track then auto-x.

Sorry, getting ahead of myself, I know.
      All we need is the money in the budget to rent AMP . We need sponsors and participants for next year ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Jeff, how much would it cost to rent AMP for a day ? We could do a cruise and dinner Fri night and AMP saturday and red top autocross Sunday ? I think if we could get people to commit to it and pay a non-refundable entry fee that might help . I know I would pay more to get to run on AMP and Im sure others would also .

Quote Originally Posted by 1981silverz28 View Post
      Jeff, how much would it cost to rent AMP for a day ? We could do a cruise and dinner Fri night and AMP saturday and red top autocross Sunday ? I think if we could get people to commit to it and pay a non-refundable entry fee that might help . I know I would pay more to get to run on AMP and Im sure others would also .
      i 2nd that idea!
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

Quote Originally Posted by 1981silverz28 View Post
      One thing to note :
      As of today .AMP is not finished yet . If it was , I would have made the arrangements to rent it for this years event. We are going to tour the unfinished track to make possible arrangments for next years event (2012 ) .
      The facility should be ready by then , and we can get our money together.

This would give us the facilities to Road-Course and Autocross at the same place ..
      We could break the cars up into two groups and swap after lunch .
      AMP will have a 2.17 ? mile road course and an 8/10ths mile kart track ..
      The Kart Track will be 26 feet wide . We could use it to autocross ..
      I would like to rent the place for 2 days ..( I think that is required anyway )

I haven't priced the rental of AMP lately ..
      I priced it last year ,( before the grading and pavement was even started ) .
      The price has gone up since then ..
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 06-02-2011 at 04:14 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Jeff, we're in for sponsoring again this year, and we'll put towards next year's AMP run as well

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTATE View Post
      The price has gone up since then
      Is there any way to lock in "this year's" rate now for NEXT year? Put a small deposit down on a certain weekend? You KNOW the rate will go up next year...or at least I would think it would. I'd chip in $50 to lock that place in. And I'm sure a few more of us would do the same.
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56

Is there any way to lock in "this year's" rate now for NEXT year? Put a small deposit down on a certain weekend? You KNOW the rate will go up next year...or at least I would think it would. I'd chip in $50 to lock that place in. And I'm sure a few more of us would do the same.
      Yes , there is a way .
      It is in the works .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Saweet!!!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      Jeff, we're in for sponsoring again this year, and we'll put towards next year's AMP run as well
      Thanks Sparky , we appreciate RnD Fabrication stepping up . It takes participants and sponsors to put on an event.
      PM sent ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Jeff,
      Is there restrictions on what cars are allowed to participate and the year?
      I have a 1983 Z28 Camaro.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com