Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Popping my PT Cherry

A couple of years ago I started a build project, but got so busy at work, the car sat for 2 years with no work being done on it...this all changed about a year ago.

Well, I had this grand plan to unveil my project when it was completed this summer. . .but as with the best laid plans…something came up and put everything on hold.

I’ve been saving and saving and bought a whole butt-load of parts and I had nothing but time on my hands this summer to get it completed. The plan was to post it up over a short period from start to finish. I always enjoy watching the “pro” builds because the changes happen so fast and its just fun to watch them come together so quickly. Recently though I have been following Iamtheonlyreal1’s build of his Volvo and changed my mind. It is even more fascinating to see them unfold slowly and actually see the forum used for its original purpose – exchanging ideas.

Well, to make a long story short, I quit my day job because it was pure misery 60-70 hours a week and went back to school to get professional (accredited) mechanic training. I had school 3 days a week, and 4 for the project. All was going well, and then one of my instructors felt that I was a pretty good student and introduced me to a GMC service manager and very quickly I found myself as a technician in the dealership. Don’t get me wrong…I’m loving it, finally doing what I enjoy for a living, but now it is school 3 days a week, work 3 days a week, and my wife gets a bit irked if I am in the garage past noon on Sunday J

I went from having more time on my hands than I knew what to do with to being so busy I had to schedule time just to think!

So, without further delay here is my project. The pictures below are about a year of piddle-farting around with the tear down and floor install, and then about 3 months of very efficient work. I was hoping that in another 3 I would be done. Now that I am so busy it is a little harder to keep motivated so I am hoping that by putting up routine posts on the build, it will help keep me into it as much as I am now. It looks like this is going to turn into little updates each week
      Also, keep in mind that this is my first project, and you are getting to see it in all its mistaken glory.

I've had the car since I was 17 (at this point it is literally half my life) and when I was driving it in highschool my friends would all say the same thing after riding shotgun - "This thing is a Beast!" Well, the name just stuck.

Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com