Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Local car. Get this thing up and running and come cruise with us. 972-814-8824. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      Local car. Get this thing up and running and come cruise with us. 972-814-8824. Randy
      Trying to. In the simplest of terms, all that's left:
      Exhaust
      finish Wiring
      Finish interior (cover seats in leather, finish panels, make center console)
      Order driveshaft
      Wheels/tires
      Finishing details.
      I'm sure I'm missing something, but it is sooooo close

And im so easily distracted when I'm in the shop
      Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

Little more progress. Just about to order the pwm fuel control module from vaporworx, but until then, got the exhaust run to the mufflers so I can have a little decibel relief when running it

And today I got a really cool (i think) vent bezel finished. I think the factory side has vents are a little out of place on this build, but have struggled to find anything that I like...until I found these...

Audi A3 vents, fitted into a mold I made of the factory bezel.

I still need to clean them up a bit and prime/paint, but I'm really happy with how they came out.
      Also got the backlighting finished on the panel.

Tomorrow, more wiring cleanup and other miscellaneous busy work!
      Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

Looking good!
      Love the spoilers where did you get the rear spoiler hinges?
      Thanks for sharing!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan View Post
      Looking good!
      Love the spoilers where did you get the rear spoiler hinges?
      Thanks for sharing!
      The hinges are ringbrothers, the supports i found at a good guy's a few years back from a company named torqstorm. I've never seen them on their website. I think I got lucky and was in the right place, right time and they had the bases and adjusters at the show. I had to get the rods and rod ends from McMaster.

Someone mentioned blacking the hardware out, and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Got an update coming...she's running!

My build Beast

Its alive! But its limping a bit. I have a leaking injector for sure, maybe a couple. Have to wait until next week to order some more. Its been sitting in a box for a year after running for a few minutes to check for mechanical issues, so to be safe I'm replacing all of them.
      This is my rail pressure about 5-10 minutes after shutdown. A 30 psi drop in 10 minutes! I doubt its the pump check valve, and there are no leaks, so...injectors.

So far, the fitech setup is so simple, but it luls you into a false sense of security and overlook some things. I know the intakes are cheap Chinese made knockoffs, but damn...how do you overlook this in the manufacturing process?? Those little Knicks are from the head bolts that protrude, creating the most insane vacuum leak! I covered everything in tape and grinded off some material to make a recess.

And these vacuum accessory ports. The 1/4 npt is the big one, but the smaller are some weird fine thread npt. I couldn't find any plugs so I had to put rubber caps over the supplied fittings-i have no vacuum accessories.

Had a loud as hell intake backfire on the third or so start up and it took me two hours to build back up the balls to start it again. Going to wait on the new injectors before running it again.

Set up the kill switch as a push/pull through one of the bumper mounting bolts, but it doesn't work! With the engine running, the switch sticks and the car won't shut off, but if I turn off the car with the key, it won't restart until I reset the switch to "on." Guess that goes on the "need to buy a better one list."

My build Beast

Quote Originally Posted by absintheisfun View Post
      Set up the kill switch as a push/pull through one of the bumper mounting bolts, but it doesn't work! With the engine running, the switch sticks and the car won't shut off, but if I turn off the car with the key, it won't restart until I reset the switch to "on." Guess that goes on the "need to buy a better one list."
      That looks like you installed a 2 pole battery disconnect switch which is actually working the way it should as the alternator will keep the engine running even after the battery is disconnected. If what you really wanted was an engine cut-off switch then you need to get a 4 pole cut-off switch that disconnects the battery and alternator at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzer454 View Post
      That looks like you installed a 2 pole battery disconnect switch which is actually working the way it should as the alternator will keep the engine running even after the battery is disconnected. If what you really wanted was an engine cut-off switch then you need to get a 4 pole cut-off switch that disconnects the battery and alternator at the same time.
      After I posted this, I did some research and found out I went the wrong direction. I'm looking into another switch, but it seems I'm going to have to run the alternator charge wire to the back which is what I was hoping to avoid.

Also, thanks for the hose recommendation. It didn't work for me, but I got a guy who was willing to wonder the stock room until he found one that would.

My build Beast

The hinges are ringbrothers, the supports i found at a good guy's a few years back from a company named torqstorm. I've never seen them on their website. I think I got lucky and was in the right place, right time and they had the bases and adjusters at the show. I had to get the rods and rod ends from McMaster.

Someone mentioned blacking the hardware out, and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Got an update coming...she's running!
      Thank you sir!
      Congrats on the first run! always a good feeling!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

After I posted this, I did some research and found out I went the wrong direction. I'm looking into another switch, but it seems I'm going to have to run the alternator charge wire to the back which is what I was hoping to avoid.
      Another option is to add an alternator shutdown relay wired to your existing switch. This way you don't have to run large gauge wires back and forth to the trunk.

Sorry to hear that the hose didn't work out it was a nearly a perfect fit for my setup.

I'm curious how you did the backlighting on the switch panel? I guess it's cut out with light behind - but how?
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      I'm curious how you did the backlighting on the switch panel? I guess it's cut out with light behind - but how?
      I have a friend who has a laser engraving company. He has a way to "etch" this abs material. Its some form of clear plastic/abs/acrylic material with a black film on one side. The black film is to the rear, and he back engraved the writing and I have a simple led backlight.

It makes it completely smooth on the outside, but able to backlight designs.

My build Beast

I have the same intake --- the larger vacuum fitting is 1/4" NPT and the (3) smaller fittings are 1/8" NPT --- Part number I used for the smaller fittings are from Vibrant Performance part#11230 or Summit part number VPE-11230 which is a 1/8" to 1/4 barb 90* fitting. If you try to use a straight 1/8" NPT barb fitting, you will have to put your hoses on first then set the intake.
      -Bennyhaha

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8 View Post
      I have the same intake --- the larger vacuum fitting is 1/4" NPT and the (3) smaller fittings are 1/8" NPT --- Part number I used for the smaller fittings are from Vibrant Performance part#11230 or Summit part number VPE-11230 which is a 1/8" to 1/4 barb 90* fitting. If you try to use a straight 1/8" NPT barb fitting, you will have to put your hoses on first then set the intake.
      I actually want to plug them. I have manual brakes and a returnless pwm regulated fuel supply, so I have no real need for vacuum hookups. The 1/8npt plugs i got don't fit for some reason. If something changes, I can remove the plugs.

Out of curiosity, what fitting did you use on the throttle body? The straight fitting puts it right in the path of the throttle cable, but a 90 would put a kink in the hose to the valve covers. I haven't been able to find any 45 degree 1/4 npt fittings, but I haven't looked all that hard yet.

My build Beast

I plumbed my valve covers into the vacuum ports under the intake. I'm running the 102MM TB from FiTech and the Detroit speed vapor canister. I used a 90* 1/4 NPT to -6an swivel to route it in front of the throttle linkage to canister and then the canister to the valley cover. I tried the 45* route, just didn't like the way it looked. Part numbers are Vibrant Performance#26901 and Detroit Speed Can #060110. -6AN hose will fit over both valve cover ports and valley cover; I like the look AN hose over regular rubber. Hope that helps,
      -Bennyhaha

Not a bad idea. I now wonder if I might just block the throttle body port and rout the valve covers underneath the intake to clean everything up...things to ponder.

My build Beast

Been a rough 10 days in Texas, so little has been done. I was able to get the shop to about 50 last Saturday and I was able to get the valve covers on but that was about all I could manage. Sunday I tried, but it was 28 in the shop and after two hours of my heater it only got to 40. We are not built for this weather! I went out just to see what it was like Wednesday when it was -2 outside and the shop was at 8. 8 freaking degrees!

We got off real lucky with only some minor damage from the great Texas freeze. It was impossible to go to work half the week with the roads, and with the blackouts it impossible to do work when I did go in. My wife and I sat around and did puzzles and watched TV when we could. And then today 70 and sunny. . . just right for freeze repairs!

So anyway, the engine bay is done i think. Put an alternator relay in and installed and valve covers. I think I'm going to paint them the same red as the stripe, but that can wait.

The relay is tucked out of sight, and I fabed up a throttle cable bracket that is a little better hidden than the ugly ones between the throttle body and intake. Its simple, but effective and nestles nicely between the fuel rail and the intake.

My build Beast

I'm glad you escaped the freeze with only a little damage, I hope it gets fixed quickly. The engine bay looks great nice and neat.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Looking good !
      we been praying for Texas. We have family in Dallas Fort Worth.
      David Sloan

Permanent fuel pressure gauge? I like it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com