Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Permanent fuel pressure gauge? I like it.
      Originally there just to verify and adjust the vaporworx. It tucks away nicely though so it may stay, or at the very least stay until the car is finished.

Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

As spring and summer have come, so have the seasonal duties and tasks that take me away from the shop, but progress has been made and I'm here to show it off!

I tried the speed tech tunnel but wasn't happy with it so I made my own. I must have forgotten to take pictures, but here is the Trans crossmember I made since there wasn't an option out there that I liked. This got me to 2.5 degrees down with the Trans, and about 3/4inch of clearance between the header collector and the Floorplan.

Got the oil cooler installed with almost no clearance, but enough (about 1/8" between the bottom of the pipe fitting and the body).

Looking down on it

Next on the to-do was the center console. I made 4 in differing shapes, but they all had their problems-to bulky, too tall, to hard to wrap in leather, etc etc. This was a challenge to wrap, but doable. I don't have any pics of the build because I was never sure how to do it, so lots of learning and redoing. I am pleased with the finished product though! Just have to paint the top and it is complete.

And lastly, I found my steering wheel. It's becoming more car-like every time I go out there!

I installed an NRG quick release, and man do I have to compliment this product! It fits so well with the ididit, and it feels absolutely solid when the wheel is on.

If all goes to plan, the next update will have the wiring completed, radio and gauges in, and maybe have the glass completed. I have to paint so many little pieces as well. The a/c vent bezels, the top of the console, repaint the rear bumper, glass trim, and other things, but my list is in the shop. I want to paint that before fall so the Texas heat works for me, baking the paint!
      Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

Spent some time in the shop the last few weeks doing housekeeping. Cleaned up AND FINISHED the wiring! Now it's just left to wiring the accessories-A/C, windows, a few switches and the center gauges. Got the dakota digital hooked up and set up. Have to paint the bezel and a few other odds and ends. Cleaned off the dust and took some glamor shots, felt like sharing.

Don't mind the bare metal spot on the bumper. It needed some post-paint adjustments. Set to be replaced soon!

Here is the dakota digital startup and test. Not sure how to direct link it
      https://m.imgur.com/gallery/LcSY26Q

My build Beast

Looking good! I like the steering wheel.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I like that style of trans crossmember. It's simple yet gives so much room under the car for all the stuff that has to share space right around the transmission tailshaft.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

It's been a couple of years, so it's time for an update...

Been busy working on projects around the house, so the Camaro got backburnered (again!). Finally found some time, then the unforgiving heat kicked in-almost every day in July and August was over 100 and it seems like most were near 110!

Wheels arrived and put on

I changed out the rear brakes because I wanted the electric park brake from wilwood. Gotta admit, it's slick as s#it!! And the switch fits in the lighter hole as if it was made for it!

Other than my ECM and the main HDX unit, all of my modules are easily serviceable under the back portion of the center console.

Interior has been worked on a bit. I have an upholsterer set to cover the seats, armrests and dash pad soon.

While the seats are being done I'm going to put in the side windows. . .and then. . .scary to say, but. . .it's pretty much done! It's been a long road, but absolutely worth it. I pulled it out of the shop today to do some light driving and got it to about 25mph. It was equal awesome and terrifying!

Anyway, here are some glamor shots in the rising sun!

Sorry for the thumbnails, I'm still trying to find a good hosting site since photobucket got stupid.

My build Beast

Crazy build with equally crazy breaks. such amazing work!! Glad to see it in the light again.

Country Flag: New Zealand
      nice ,car on 18s?

Quote Originally Posted by 70JUNk View Post
      Crazy build with equally crazy breaks. such amazing work!! Glad to see it in the light again.
      Thank you! After all the time seeing it in the shop for so long, sunlight was an unbelievable surprise! There are a couple of flaws in the paint that I know by heart in the light of the shop, but they become invisible in the sun.

My build Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Gmc427 View Post
      nice ,car on 18s?
      Yes sir! 9" front, 11.5 rear

My build Beast

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com