Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

greatXss 67 Tempest

I have known this car since 2000 when my best friend got it as a graduation present. We cruised it for a season then he tore into it. Over the last decade it has been traded back and forth, slowly losing parts each time. I finally got my hands on it and am determined to get it back on the road!

I have had dozens of projects over the years but this is the biggest project to date. Naturally, shortly after I acquired the car I was blessed with the news of a little boy on the way so I will be juggling my time and money trying to keep this dream alive!

So, I have a problem that im sure all of you can relate to...I cant leave anything alone! I shaved pretty much every hole in the car including the handles, locks, emblems, and even a partially shaved firewall. I am leaving some of the original stampings but I wanted to clean up the unnecessary holes and seams. Ive also deleted the center speaker in the dash. I'm headed towards the trunk now (no floor) and mini-tubbing the body.

Here is what I started with...as you can see, its missing tons of parts!

A few in progress photos...

Everyone needs a motivational vehicle and here is mine -

Welcome.

Just a. FYI. You can mini tub the body but unless you also narrow the frame you gain nothing for the rear wheels.
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Due to the air suspension, the wheels will hit the factory tubs on the outer edges. That is all I'm worried about for the moment. If I can talk myself into pulling the body (it needs new fuel and brake lines which would be easier to install without the body) then I may cut into the frame while I'm there. The problem is...if I pull it now, I'll want to get it dipped or blasted and that gets expensive! I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew so I'm trying to make these big decisions with caution.

You mean the outside edges, as in the outside of the wheel, right? Not the inside of the wheel. You just need to remove that extra "ledge" . I think I have some pics in my build thread that show that. When I read "mini-tub" I think of the inside area.
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

I think we are on the same page. I dont know if ill rebuild the inner section (wells are already cut away from the quarter panels due to someone starting the trunk work) or just rebuild the whole floor.

Photos always explain things easier so here you go...as you can see, there is no trunk at all so I am thinking about tubbing the body now and tub the frame at a later date. There is no sense in doing the metal work twice if I already know its going to happen!

Cool build, these Pontiac bodys remind me of my chevelle. I will be watching closely as this is good insperation.
      The Blurr!

Country Flag: United States
      excellent project! Keep us updated.
      Tom

Goodluck with the project man, Its looking good!
      1969 Pontiac GTO
      -The Nameless project.

0331, USMC, Semper Fi.

Country Flag: Canada

The Temptress

Currently working on my own 1967 Tempest Pro-Touring project myself. More pics and a post at a later date.Name:  Tempest6.jpg
Views: 6970
Size:  58.6 KB

Nice, going to keep the pontiac powereplant in this one?
      1969 Pontiac GTO
      -The Nameless project.

0331, USMC, Semper Fi.

Country Flag: Canada
      the original 326 is long gone and right now, it's hard to say what will end up under the hood. My first Tempest had the OHC 6, but I think I'll go for something bigger this time.

Nice to see another Tempest project out there. I am re-doing a 65. Good luck on the build.

Man I love seeing these builds makes me wanna get off my butt!! I'm doing a 67 Lemans I really wanna shave everything also I think ill leave the handles though. Oh and your inspiration pic was my back ground until I had a lil boy last October.. keep it coming!!

1967 Pontiac LeMans in the works

I know its old but is there any updates??

1967 Pontiac LeMans in the works

Long time no update

Fast forward past a little time in storage, the tempest is back in the garage!

I've acquired an OHC6 from another 67 Tempest that was getting a V8. I dropped it in the car for text fitting and fired it up. It came to life instantly and just hummed.

If there is any interest I will post more

I'm quite interested. Nice looking car.

There is always interest in an A body build...
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by acegto View Post
      There is always interest in an A body build...
      Yes, please, and thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com