Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by impact-collision View Post
      I purchased the whole kit from advanced keys and it comes with fob and push button start button, harness. Looks to be identicle to my Audi S5 botton. Make sure you buy the whole saw bit from advanced. Its the correct size which is I believe to be metric. I will be firing up the LS motor soon. Watch for my thread on the 68. I will post interior pics in about two weeks.
      I didn't care much for the button that shipped with the kit...too cheap looking and I didn't like the various colors/flashes for determining what mode the unit was in. That's why I adapted the Infiniti button (although I think I would have preferred the GT-R button)

Be careful with that hole saw...it's only meant for plastic and I destroyed it when I tried to drill my DSE dash. I believe it's just a 40mm hole saw.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be in contact; I am waiting for some more parts to come, so Iam robably a month out from doing the switch right now.

I'd bet the GTR button is wired the same. You might just be able to switch it out without doig anything other than exchanging the switches. I don't personally care for the GTR switch; I don't think that it lights up. I'm with you on the Lexus switch; too many colors.

There are a lot of things that I don't know, and one of them is about powering LEDs. Why might I not be able to power the illumination or indicator lights if they are LEDs? Sorry if it's a noob q.

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      There are a lot of things that I don't know, and one of them is about powering LEDs. Why might I not be able to power the illumination or indicator lights if they are LEDs? Sorry if it's a noob q.
      Sorry for the confusion...the point I wanted to make is that if the button illumination is a bulb and not an LED, then you won't have to reverse the polarity (convert the +12v to a ground signal) in order to control it. With a bulb, you can reverse the voltage and ground and it will still work. Not the case with an LED.

Ah, I understand. My guess is that it would be an led, if for no other reason than having to change a bulb in your ignition switch seems like a nuisance!

Are you using a proximity feature with this setup or is the only way to activate the system through the remote button?
      Reason I ask it because I am building a proximity key push start system but the range of sensing the RFID tag is only a few inches. Wondering if you were using something with a bit more range. Otherwise mine will have to be like some of the new Audis where you have to "plug" your key into a slot or something. Id rather is just sense it in my pocket
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      Ah, I understand. My guess is that it would be an led, if for no other reason than having to change a bulb in your ignition switch seems like a nuisance!
      Ahhh...very good point and I bet you are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      Are you using a proximity feature with this setup or is the only way to activate the system through the remote button?
      Reason I ask it because I am building a proximity key push start system but the range of sensing the RFID tag is only a few inches. Wondering if you were using something with a bit more range. Otherwise mine will have to be like some of the new Audis where you have to "plug" your key into a slot or something. Id rather is just sense it in my pocket
      Yes, you have to push a button for my setup, but my approach had to be slightly different. Since I shaved my door handles, you already have the remote in your hand to pop the door open. I didn't want to have to carry a FOB AND a remote. If I had it to do again, I think I would remove the door locks and keep the handles (or go with a more modern handle). I was originally looking at proximity sensors and really liked the one offered by Digital Guard Dawg. They have an RFID relay kit for around $200 that would be very simple to use to turn on the system as you approach the car. It's been a few years since I looked at it so I can't remember the range, but it might be worth the call.

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by esenior View Post
      Sorry for the delayed response...work got crazy, then they sent me to Taiwan for a few weeks. Couldn't wait to get back to the project though.

Yeah, if you forget to push the button on the remote, then the car is still "enabled". I was originally willing to accept this, but it's been eating at me and I finally decided to do something about it.

I recently purchased a DEI-611T timer module on eBay for around $20 (w/shipping). Instead of using the CMD-X to activate the push button module, I changed my setup to instead have the CMD-X activate the 611T timer module. The timer module then provides a timed "enable" signal to the PSB module. I also changed the relay module so that the enable from the 611T would be a +12v instead of ground (like the CMD-X). I then wired in a diode so that enable would be kept active by the ACC circuit.

This is the way it works now:
      - Push the enable button on the remote and the push button lights up for 0-100 seconds (I have mine set to around 30 seconds via the adjustment on the 611T)
      - If the button is not pushed again, it will turn off after the 30 seconds
      - If the button is pushed within the 30 seconds, it will switch ACC to on. ACC will stay on indefinitely or until the button is pushed again
      - Another push will turn on the ON (ignition) circuit and light up the ON light (ACC turns off). This will also stay on indefinitely or until the button is pushed again.
      - Pushing the button a third time will turn off ACC and ON. If this is done within the 30 seconds, the button will still be enabled and can be pushed again, if not, then the button will go dark and the system will be disabled.

Kind of hard to explain, but I plan on updating the Youtube video with a walk through this weekend.

The DEI-611T needs to be setup as follows:
      SW1 – On – Timer Control (1-100 seconds)
      SW2 – Off – Normally Open
      SW3 – On – Timed Operation
      SW4 – On – Negative (-) input (from CMD-X)

Here's a schematic of the setup (Click for a larger link). If anyone needs a better copy, I can send them a visio or PDF copy.

I know I'm resurrecting this again, but do you think you can send me a copy of the visio file? I'm finally starting this rewire in the next few months and want to incorporate this with the advanced keys rfi kit, push button start and the infiniti button.

I'll send you a pm with my email address.

I just got done installing the Advanced Keys set up in my 1971. It's a great kit... well thought out in terms of options and customizations it presents to the user.

Here's quick video of it operating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THLF...ature=youtu.be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2