Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      any word? I am putting new doors on... and these would be awesome

Country Flag: Australia
      they're telling me the extrusion will be available to them in December...then theres machining....looks like it'll be too late for my car as it should be painted by then....
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Any update as to when the hinges will be available?

Planit Oahu, Hawaii if you don't belive me check shipping prices
      Will make them for a 3rd gen?

They have to get them out for the 2nd gens yet.......pity, I couldn't wait for these. My car was up to the assembly/gapping stage and I bought a set of repro hinges....so it looks like I won't have these very cool heavy duty billet ones on my car....worse luck.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

It's been 8 months since the original post, that said 8 weeks til they were available... I just wish companies would get on the ball with their product announcements and timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      It's been 8 months since the original post, that said 8 weeks til they were available... I just wish companies would get on the ball with their product announcements and timelines.
      While it can be frustrating for both parties,,, please try to solace in the fact companies like ring brothers (and others here) try to make sure they are delivering the best Dam product they can,, and not some just some second class junk... Yes we all get optimistic and sometimes it takes longer than we'd like too....
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Ringbrothers View Post
      We were wrong on the lead time on these hignes - looks like another 12 weeks at least. Sorry!
      Any update on availability?

Take you r time as we all want the best part, but a update would be nice just to have a idea of a completion date.
      Brandon Slater

1979 Z28
      1972 Nova
      2015 2500 silverado crew cab duramax

Yep I'm with Bownz, but my car is in having the front sheet metal aligned. If these were availalbe I'd pick them up. Now it maybe awhile as it will be a "cool thing to have" rather than an different choice (more $$) of a necessity if that makes sense...Pretty cool to see the stuff out for 2nd gens though!!
      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.

I called early in the week and spoke with some one and she told me she would call me back.... She never did. If I hear anything I will update with info here.

thanks, I thought about calling... good thing I wont swap my doors out til springish time....

Yes. Thanks for the update. I was going to call this week myself. I am currently using rebuilt factory hinges and I am hoping there is a better option out there. I am going to be changing out my current front fenders (re-pops) during the March time frame (Replacing OER re-pops with used factory fenders - not at all happy with the fit of the re-pops. Unfortunately original fenders were rusted out beyond repair.) and I would really like to replace the factory hinges with what appears to be a much stronger hinge design. Hopefully these will function much better in all aspects over the factory design. Unfortuantely it has been more the norm during the rebuild of my 1971 Camaro (a frame up pro-touring type rebuild) that most re-pop items are very inferior to the factory parts and that redesigned aftermarket parts usually don't directly bolt-in and perform as advertised, without some slight to more involved modifications to the parts or vehicle.
      Last edited by sullyman; 01-15-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Call Staci at Ringbrothers.....she's the one I talked to a few times. very helpful.
      When I couldn't wait for these hinges, I bought a set of repro 2nd gen hinges...they are every bit as tough looking as the originals....not a light weight part. I guess mine will last 20+ years or so like the originals did...maybe longer with the occasional spray of penetrating lube.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

I apologize for the lack of response here. Our extrusions are done. All the material is here ready to be machined. Now it is machine time and getting them into production. I would like to tell you 4 weeks but I can't commit to that. At this point machining can't give me a reliable answer. The original post with 8 weeks was a realistic timeline had we decided not to go with extrusions - it changed our whole process. We are still way behind schedule - sorry.

Thank you,
      Staci

Those look amazing.. Ever plan on doing any for a C3 Corvette?
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

Staci,

Thanks for the response. Hopefully machining will give you a more definitive answer in the near future. Definitely look to replace my factory hinges with something better.

Hi Staci,

Put me down for a set please.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Thanks for the update Staci..... I really hope you get these out soon!

I spoke with Ringbrothers today, inquiring about a potential release date for their second gen billet door hinges. I was told that they have obtained the extrudings but that they are currentlly held up trying to secure machining for the extrudings. I was told that it would be a month, but more likely two months or more before they might have a product on the shelf.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com