Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

VA Trinary Switch wiring?

Hello,
      I'm wiring up my Vintage Air Gen II Supercooler. I'm getting a little confused with the Trinary Switch. In the diagram it shows one of the blue wires going to a relay post 86. And the electric fans spliced into it. Can I bipass this connection and run it directly to my Flex-a-lite wiring block?
      On the flex-a-lite instructions #10, connect terminal 7 or 8 to wires going to A/C clutch.
      It has the option of a pos. or neg. wire. Which would I use?
      Any help would greatly appreciate.

Thanks
      Rob
      Name:  TRinarySwitch.jpg
Views: 75767
Size:  189.3 KBName:  FlexAlite.jpg
Views: 15220
Size:  249.3 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I put a VA system with a trinary switch, a coolant temp switch (threaded into the head), and an electric fan.
      The temp switch only provides a ground to the block. So I wired the temp switch to provide a ground for the fan relay. I piggy backed the trinary switch on the same relay ground terminal to activate it. The other trinary switch wire simply goes to chassis ground. It simplifies wiring and works fine.
      The compressor is wired from the relay through the trinary, then to the compressor, just as instructed by VA.

Thanks for the quick response.
      I'm hoping to finish up wiring my car this week and connect the battery and see what happens.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com