Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      If pan does turn out to be shallow, would you post info on Rssz28 thread. It get lots of viewers that may be looking for same information.

If my knees weren't so bad I'd got down and checked to see if it wasn't shallower.

Sure hope it works out.

I will do so. Thanks for your help!

The truck 6L90e has a 3.3" deep pan, while the G8's is around 2.5". I am hoping the Caddy is similar to the G8.
      Bobby
      -67 Camaro in process: Speedtech Track Time Pkg (AFX Spindles, C5 Zo6 brakes, rack, rear torque arm, 9", Ride Tech coils, and a L92/6L80e Swap).

-2005 Jeep Rubicon Limited LJ, 35"er's, 6" Nth Degree Lift, Hanson Bumpers, 8274 Winch, with a Redbone Coonhound in the backseat.

Bad news. The pan was shaped differently, but the overall depth was the same (around 3.25 - 3.3" deep). Looks like I will be making my own!
      Definitely worth a try.
      Bobby
      -67 Camaro in process: Speedtech Track Time Pkg (AFX Spindles, C5 Zo6 brakes, rack, rear torque arm, 9", Ride Tech coils, and a L92/6L80e Swap).

-2005 Jeep Rubicon Limited LJ, 35"er's, 6" Nth Degree Lift, Hanson Bumpers, 8274 Winch, with a Redbone Coonhound in the backseat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67Camaro View Post
      Bad news. The pan was shaped differently, but the overall depth was the same (around 3.25 - 3.3" deep). Looks like I will be making my own!
      Definitely worth a try.
      That's a Bummer. Was hoping pan would work out for those with 6L90E needing more ground clearance.

Thanks for the update.

It's probably what you mean, but it looks like you could easily take a slice out of the deep section of the pan then weld it back up.

Jim
      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

Half-Assed = Half-Fast

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
      It's probably what you mean, but it looks like you could easily take a slice out of the deep section of the pan then weld it back up.

Jim
      Jim it's not only the pan that has to changed, it's the filter too. Filter needs to be shorter also. Shallower G8 pan has a filter that matches up with it. Adding extension to G8 pan to make up for it's shorter length is the way to get around filter problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67Camaro View Post
      Definitely worth a try.
      Did you end up making a new pan or modifying a G8 shallow pan and filter? If so, I would appreciate any photos or guidance you could provide. We have an LSA-6L90e from a 09 CTSV that we are installing into a 67 Corvette. We are seeking the same info and updates on:

Shallow pan solution
      ECM-TCM 6L90e Communications & Programming (With engine and TC modifications)

Thanks for sharing.

Buck19,

I actually have a 6L80e, not a 90. I was unaware at the time. I ended up using a G8 pan/filter.

I think you could modify a G8 pan/filter (lengthen) to work with a 90?

Sorry I could not be of more help.
      Bobby

"I think you could modify a G8 pan/filter (lengthen) to work with a 90?"

I saw where someone did just that. It may have been someone down in Australia if I remember right.

I am working on a custom shallow pan design for the 6L90 transmission. When I get back and get things figured out maybe I will put a few out there. This is like 6-8 months out just an FYI.

Just purchased the g8 pan, filter, etc. Keep an eye on my build for answers in about a week.

Hi, i am planning on installing a efi 6.0 engine along with the 6speed trans fm a 2011 chevy silverado 6l90e and will have the same problem with the depth of the trans pan into my 68camaro???? can u keep me advised on yr progress with the trans pan problem so that i can fix the pan problem on my 68camaro....also i plan on using the pwr glide shifter that came with the 68 camaro...tks larry

Quote Originally Posted by larry dzwonkus View Post
      Hi, i am planning on installing a efi 6.0 engine along with the 6speed trans fm a 2011 chevy silverado 6l90e and will have the same problem with the depth of the trans pan into my 68camaro???? can u keep me advised on yr progress with the trans pan problem so that i can fix the pan problem on my 68camaro....also i plan on using the pwr glide shifter that came with the 68 camaro...tks larry
      Sure thing. Follow this.............My Project Progress http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237233

I think your best bet is to get two G8 pans and weld them together as needed along with a G8 filter.

Quote Originally Posted by maxxom View Post
      This will be most helpful for you...........http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...ld-thread.html
      Bringing this back up. Anyone have luck with grafting the G8 pan to the front of the 6L90 pan? Wasn't sure if there would be a problem with starvation or fluid capacity?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com