Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Help getting started with a bead roller.

Ok guys, I ended up buying a Wolfe Machine Bead roller since I got it at a good price. The roller came with 3 bead size rollers, 2 step rollers and a cutting roller. I've also purchased an "art roller and 45* roller and an edge roller from Mittler to use as well.
      The last couple of days I've been playing around with some scrap .024" aluminum. The bead rolling is pretty self explanatory and I have not had any trouble getting the rollers set up and making beads. But I have been having a little trouble with the offset rollers. What I am wondering is how close together should the rollers be set? I've found that if I set them too close together it will actually cut the aluminum instead of offsetting it. Is there a minimum or recommended setting based upon material thickness, or is it just learn by doing and getting a feel for it?
      I know that I need to play around and get the feel for this but are there any guidelines someone can offer a rank beginner to help with the learning curve.

Last edited by John S; 04-07-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typos

1986 Monte SS, 427 sbc, Victor E manifold, FAST TB, FAST XFI, T56 6spd, Moser M9 rear 3:70, SC&C G5, Spohn lowers, Pole Position Uppers, Alston Coil Overs, Pirelli all around

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com