Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Pleasanton drive up the coast--So Cal to Nor Cal--first weekend in June

We did this last year---was a great trip. We had somewhere between 7 to 9 cars during the drive up the coast from So Cal to Nor Cal---one of the best road trips so far. We take 405 to 10 and end up on Hwy 1 (Pacific Coast Hwy) for approx an hour, then jump to 101 around Oxnard--head to Cris's shop (JCG) and then back on the 101 through Pismo and up to Pleasanton. It's a great drive there--then we ran the auto X Sat, Sun--then headed back Sun afternoon. I'm up for staying through Sunday and coming back Monday--but will play that by ear. Wanted to get an idea of who would like to make the road trip again this year. You guys from Nor Cal, we will be stopping at Jardines (not sure of spelling) in San Juan Baptista (pretty sure that's where it's located) and hope to meet several of you guys there for dinner (around 5) and then cruise the rest of the way from there. Lot's of you asked this year for an early warning to start making plans, so here it is. If you'd like to join up with us, let me know here in the thread. Here's some pics from last year's trip.

Almost missed the date thanks to the new site format. Still annoying that it cuts off long thread names when perusing new posts.

Anyhow to anyone thinking about this, it was a lot of fun last year! The first weekend in June is also when my little sister is graduating from high school so while I will be in the bay area I won't be able to attend :(
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Sounds like a good time.
      Matt - 1970 Chevelle

www.street-demons.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Almost missed the date thanks to the new site format. Still annoying that it cuts off long thread names when perusing new posts.

Anyhow to anyone thinking about this, it was a lot of fun last year! The first weekend in June is also when my little sister is graduating from high school so while I will be in the bay area I won't be able to attend :(
      Dude, that bites. Was really hoping you would make it again this year. Road Course instead it looks like for us.

Doug

So we can assume that this is for the June Peasanton Good Guys?
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Doug, you know that's not my favorite picture from that trip.

I'm pencilling in that weekend.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by rrunner68 View Post
      So we can assume that this is for the June Peasanton Good Guys?
      Yes! June 4-5. Dan, bring that big bird!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Drew and I were already talking about going up, so I think we just need to change our route!
      Dan W
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Dude, read the title of the thead again---I know you don't own a Camaro--but come on---LOL.

Yes, first weekend of June 3,4 & 5th--Pleasanton Good Guys--we will go up 405 to Santa Monica--jump on the 1 then onto the 101 for the remainder of the trip. It was really fun last year---would be great to have you join us Dan. We need something other than Camaro's.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      Doug, you know that's not my favorite picture from that trip.

I'm pencilling in that weekend.
      Sorry---here it is--Carl's favorite pic --and mine also--from the trip;

This was before Carl was used to being photographed all the time, pre-TV stardom, and prior to his VaporVerks (German subsidiary) empire days. You can see his disdain for the camera in his early years---

LOL

Happy you are going to make it brother---

Doug

Here's a couple of other favs from the trip---

Talked to Drew, and it looks like we are in baby!
      Dan W
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Hey Doug... it's been a while since I talked to you. I was the guy you met up with in Del Mar last year and bought your old wheels and tires.
      Looks like a good time I would like to try to make it if you guys don't mind? I have my car in a million pieces so I better get going. Gives me something to shoot for.
      Kind of hard to get it done with other projects that have priority's.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Quote Originally Posted by 67 ls1 vert View Post
      Hey Doug... it's been a while since I talked to you. I was the guy you met up with in Del Mar last year and bought your old wheels and tires.
      Looks like a good time I would like to try to make it if you guys don't mind? I have my car in a million pieces so I better get going. Gives me something to shoot for.
      Kind of hard to get it done with other projects that have priority's.
      That is great bro---you need to come on this trip--it is a great one for sure. Are you going to be out at Del Mar this weekend? We will be planted over at the Auto X---make sure you wander over that way if you are attending the show. What's left on your ride? You sold the blower right?

You know the White 72RS is over at Mary's and I might just have to join you on this little cruise (Or at least the tail end) if the car is still in Calli by then Doug.... I think it'd be a blast tearing up some roads with ya Pal,,,, who knows maybe I can muster up some Elvis juice for the trip buddy ;-)
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by tazzz25906112 View Post
      You know the White 72RS is over at Mary's and I might just have to join you on this little cruise (Or at least the tail end) if the car is still in Calli by then Doug.... I think it'd be a blast tearing up some roads with ya Pal,,,, who knows maybe I can muster up some Elvis juice for the trip buddy ;-)
      Seriously? Man, that would be best! So it's in Nor Cal right now? You could meet us for dinner then on that Friday--that would be great---and about that Elvis juice, I call it Head Rub now.

LOL you bet Doug,,,, you've earned the right to call it anything you want buddy,,, who knows maybe we could call it something else after another night of sipping ;-)....I'll ear mark the dates and do my best to attend buddy (a very high probability I'll haunt you)....
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Doug... Yeah, I'll be at the GG's show this weekend. I will be over at the AC most of the time for sure since I'm building my car geared towards it. Are you going to run your car in it this year?

Yes I sold the KB a while ago. Now I am going with an F-2 blow through. Something a little different. I guess I wont be stealthy with all the noise that thing will make.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

What day are you guys heading up?
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Quote Originally Posted by SLO_Z28 View Post
      What day are you guys heading up?
      Friday, June 3rd. I think.

Matt

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com