Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rocketrod View Post
      Looks great so far!!! How long before you can fire it up?
      S h ! t, at the rate I am going I might have it running by next summer. I have had the motor since March of 2011. I have been more motivated here lately so hopefully it will come together quicker. Having the motor actually in the car has inspired me. I found a cutlass at the junk yard with a decent fuel line on it that I want to go pull. It runs on the drivers side instead of the passenger side. Would like to find a baffled tank, but haven't had any luck with that.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Have you checked your tank for baffles? My 86SS has them already , well worth a look.Good Luck.

I was looking at it last night, it has some sort of metal divider between the sending unit & the hole for the filler neck. I think it keeps fuel from splashing up the filler tube, not really a baffle.

Last night I put the headers on, drivers side fits good, except for the less than a finger width between the oil filter & the header, & I don't like the kick out of the collector towards the drivers side. Passenger side has an interference between one of the tubes and the frame. I am going to try heating them up & see if I can bend to get a little more clearance. Going to try to heat & bend the collector so it is parallel with the car instead of kicking out.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Nice build.... Thanks for sharing the pics.....

Heading to the junk yard for an Oldsmobile fuel line and grand Cherokee steering shaft.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Well that was a fun day yesterday. On my way back home the fuel pump went out on my truck. About 15 miles from my house on a BUSY interstate interchange. Took the pump out today. What a pain in the ass.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Keep your chin up it'll get done..

Got the truck running again Saturday. Had to drain 3/4 full tank of gas before I took it off. PITA.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Checking out your thread... nice! I also had to do a fuel pump on a 03 Escalade Monday.... Funny thing is it it finally quit when they took it to my house for "coil" issue's from somebody else diagnosing it... and the owner just had filled up his tank...
      Ernesto M.

A couple weeks ago I got part of a fuel line from an Olds Cutlass. It's feed line is ran on the driver's side, it will work out better than on the passenger side. I could only get part of it off the car, I have to make the rest. So today I worked on the part going forward from the section I got off the car in the junk yard. One thing is for sure, I could never fabricate fuel lines full time, what a PITA. But here is where I did. Looks like a bunch of random bends but actually fits.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Good job Scott...

Quote Originally Posted by daytonayellaz View Post
      Good job Scott...
      After looking at what I am going to have to do for the area back by the tank, I think I am going to get the OEM style nylon stuff that is flexible & route it all with that.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Here is what I did to solve my oil pressure fitting location. I am using the Mast oil pan & it doesn't have the block on the side above the oil filter to tap into, they have a port on the back side of the pan near the filter that they claim that is where the oil pressure sensor can screw into. In my opinion, they must be smoking crack, there is no way to screw anything into it, it either hits the aluminum lip of the pan or will be hit by the flywheel. The sensor for the Monte is as big as a coffee can (not quite), so I didn't want to use the adapter where the factory sensor is because it will stand out like the Eiffel tower. So I decided to take the valley cover off and tap the side of the oil sensor boss for a 1/8 NPT fitting. Here is what I ended up with.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

So today I got the 45 & a short extension. These are not tightened down & not in the car, but I think it'll work.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Decided to notch the frame, box in areas that is not enclosed, & add bracing to the rear suspension mounts. Found a frame on craigslist locally for next to nothing so I went and got it.

Thinking I may even add something like this:

what have I gotten into......
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I have also been thinking of picking up a frame and doing the same for my GP.. There is one on Craigs for 250 i was thinking of picking up. For my oil pressure sending unit i used this adapter from Custom Built Motors .. works good except it doesn't have plugs.

Ernesto M.

Nice frame - good idea to have a backup, if you screw it up, oh well!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Ernesto, I wanted to use an adapter like that for the oil pressure sensor, but I have the Mast oil pan & the area of the pan where that cover mounts is different.

It has a couple of threaded fittings for a remote oil cooler, and it has a 1/8 NPT fitting on the back side of the pan (red arrow), but the flywheel is sticks out farther than the hole, and no way to put a 90 fitting in it. Mast won't answer me on how to use it either.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

LS Monte Oil Pressure Adapter

Scott:

This was our soln for my 85 LS Monte SS .....adapter has provisions for the Monte analog gage sensor, an oil pressure idiot light( old "choke" idiot light in Monte stack was retasked), and a sensor to the ecm....tricky part was getting the "clock" right for posn of the analog and idiot light sensor so as to assemble correctly....

Name:  IMG_0266.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  65.9 KBName:  IMG_0267.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  59.0 KBName:  IMG_0268.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  73.2 KBName:  IMG_0270.jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  98.3 KB

I like it. Did you make that yourself? I'm having doubts about my method now.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com