Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron.in.SoCal View Post
      If it's the same intake I think it is, it has about 22 miles on it....
      Same intake as what? This one came from Adam (I think), in Texas (I think), he owns ADM Performance.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

OK someone tell me cause I am stupid. Is there a special tool needed to push the valve seals over the valve stem & onto the guide? Or just find something to push it on with? The valve spring compressor I have allows me to take the stock LS3 ones off, but am going to have to go a different route for installing the new ones. Won't compress them enough to get the keepers in place. And from the feel, would be SO NICE to find someone with a pneumatic one to borrow.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

nice ride!
      cant wait to see this LS swap happen!
      GL!!
      I know it's a 4DR but you still can't have a ride!!

Looking good! Always nice to see another G-body getting an LS swap! I loved it in Grocery Getter...big block power, and 26mpg! And that was only on the first tank of gas!
      Joe Hinds

Any updates?
      Joe Hinds

Not much update here lately, did something stupid I don't want to admit to. So that slowed me down.

Got the cam, specs are 224/236 114 lifts between .605-.615, it was a 3 bolt flange so I had to get the 3 bolt cam gear. Got that in. Got the LS3 heads & got the Patriot springs installed (PITA). Ready to bolt them on with ARP studs. Got an LS3 waterpump, looking for a set of Vette accessories for it.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

The "something stupid" mentioned above, I fixed today. Freaking hot as hell today, I think I drank 5 gallons of water & sweat it all out. So once that was fixed, ARP studs went in instead of bolts. And one head is on & torqued down.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Nice! I've always loved the scallops on your car. It looks 100X better with the solid maroon hood.

One thing always gets me though, it appears as if there is more wheel gap on the front than the rear. Any plans to drop the front a bit more? Maybe tall LBJ's?

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      The "something stupid" mentioned above, I fixed today. Freaking hot as hell today, I think I drank 5 gallons of water & sweat it all out. So once that was fixed, ARP studs went in instead of bolts. And one head is on & torqued down.

Looks great, I see you changed the original timing chain nylon (plastic or whatever) dampener bars with the one piece one Really clean looking Scot, those ARP's are the way to go,keep up the great work, your way ahead of me its been cooking hot here also, hang in there man!

Quote Originally Posted by SickSpeedMonte View Post
      Nice! I've always loved the scallops on your car. It looks 100X better with the solid maroon hood.

One thing always gets me though, it appears as if there is more wheel gap on the front than the rear. Any plans to drop the front a bit more? Maybe tall LBJ's?
      Thanks Bernie. I didn't like the scallops very much at all when I got it, but it grew on me. Agree the solid hood is better than the scallops.

You're not supposed to notice the wheel gap in the front. I cut the rear springs & it turned out it was a bit more than the front, so yes I need to do something with it. Not sure what to do though, cut front springs again, or go with lowering spindles. With this motor (aluminum) it will probably be more pronounced than in the pic.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Jims78elky View Post
      Looks great, I see you changed the original timing chain nylon (plastic or whatever) dampener bars with the one piece one Really clean looking Scot, those ARP's are the way to go,keep up the great work, your way ahead of me its been cooking hot here also, hang in there man!
      Mike Norris suggested replacing the tensioner with the damper. Said he had seen broke tensioners on the new Camaro already. I'm a little concerned though, the timing chain seems loose compared to what I am used to seeing on standard small block Chevy. Others have reported that as well, so it's common.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

A little more progress. Slowly, I know.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Looks great Scot, clear out your PM's when you get a chance.

PMs cleaned out
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

love the monte! keep up the good work.. gonna be sweet with the engine in

Dave Van Nuys
      83 455 Regal in progress

The project is coming along nicely!! I have a 2008 TBSS LS2 and I am installing the same Corvette engine covers and the passenger side cover contacts the truck TB. It appears it will need quite a bit of trimming to clear.

I also notice you intalled a water pump off a new Camaro. Will you be using the Kwik brackets? Did you have to change anything else to use it? I wouldn't think so, but it seems like everytime I change one simple part there ripple effect that requires additional changes. I am going to see how the setup looks with the truck water pump first, but will probably switch over Camaro water pump.

Such a nice engine... and then there's that FRAM filter? Use a WIX please...

i like this build, big fan of the monte ss, cant wait to get rollin on my 88ss
      thanks for the drive to get it goin

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
      Such a nice engine... and then there's that FRAM filter? Use a Wicks please...
      Fram filter no good? I usually use the ACDelco ones, they were out, just wanted to put something on it. Never heard of "Wicks".
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrod View Post
      The project is coming along nicely!! I have a 2008 TBSS LS2 and I am installing the same Corvette engine covers and the passenger side cover contacts the truck TB. It appears it will need quite a bit of trimming to clear.

I also notice you intalled a water pump off a new Camaro. Will you be using the Kwik brackets? Did you have to change anything else to use it? I wouldn't think so, but it seems like everytime I change one simple part there ripple effect that requires additional changes. I am going to see how the setup looks with the truck water pump first, but will probably switch over Camaro water pump.
      Plan is to use the Vette accessory bracket, didnt have to change anything else with the waterpump change. Plans are to either make my own, or use the Kwik bracket for the AC.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com