Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      what headers and engine mounts did you use?

Country Flag: United States
      I used Pacesetter F body headers. And 1" setback brackets from Transdapt.

Headers required some modifications to clear. And driver side kicks outward like 10-15 degrees.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

ok thanks, i ended up with brp mounts and headers....been trying to find some pics on the passenger side to see if the clearances make sense.

On your pedal setup, I have a g body manual pedals, do I need your entire kit???

What manufacturer did u use for your air intake?
      -Bennyhaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf15241 View Post
      On your pedal setup, I have a g body manual pedals, do I need your entire kit???
      I used El Camino pedals. My setup is a single plate that mounts between the firewall & brake booster that the hydraulic master mounts to. I made a couple extras years ago when I made it. But I cut out the pieses for the SSM clutch, that he welds together. Check with Bernie for the setup. I think it has better geometry than mine & isnt so hard to push. But I'm not sure his will work with the stock clutch pedal. He has the bracket & clutch pedal as a kit.

It looks like:

His website.
      http://www.sickspeedmonte.com/Pedal.htm
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8 View Post
      What manufacturer did u use for your air intake?
      I bought some aluminum tube on ebay, & some pieces from Spectre & had some welded together, & some clamped.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

thanks

Want to see this thing done!
      Justin Novick
      Sales/Support
      Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
      "The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods"

www.EntropyRad.com www.SpeedCooling.com

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@EntropyRad View Post
      Want to see this thing done!
      ME TOO!

I'll admit it has taken me forever. To much stuff going on at work, honey do list, & just plain being lazy.

I have recently ordered a different radiator, & cooling fan. A C6 Vette piece. I have figured out how to use the Pulse Width Modulation type fan so the ECM controls the fan speed depending on coolant temp & if the AC is on & at what pressure the refrigerant is.

Thanks
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Thanks for the info!!! My project is going slooooooooooooooooooooooow. I have to modify the Moser 9 inch to use the bearing on the top mounts!! They are wider then the factory. I had to buy a 2 1/2 cone grinding bit to recess the bearings in the brackets!! Fun Stuff

I decided I needed a bigger radiator, so I ordered one from Dewitts thats made for a G body with an LS swap, I wanted the pwm cooling fan that the ECM controls , not just on/off, but speed also, and if AC is on the fan is turned on too. So I ordered a C6 fan from Amazon, ordered some little clips/brackets from C&R Racing and went to town. The Monte radiator is a little wider than the Vette radiator, so couldn't weld the brackets to the tanks like C&R racing does. I did on one side & had to use some 1/8" flat stock on the other side. Gotta find the bolts/nuts yet to bolt it on.

Here is what It looks like:

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Lower radiator hose is a Dayco PN 71968. It is long & had to be cut to fit. It doesnt touch anything.

Upper hose is Dayco 71981, it fit perfectly, no trimming at all. May not fit for you if you are using a different water pump.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

I know, this is taking forever. But I dont work on it alot & am getting ready to move 7 new house needs updated, so I will be working on it even less. But wanted to share this. Dakota Digital has a custom shop to make the gauge face the way you want it. Costs around $150 extra. I wasn't fond of the red & blue backlit gauges, then they came out with the one with the black face, white backlighting, & orange lit pointers. That's closer, but still needed something. So I contacted them & asked to make some changes. So here is my gauge cluster design on order from them. Will take 6-8 weeks.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Scot,

That looks like an OEM layout. Very nice.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

More stuff to add to the Monte. Man, will I ever get this thing done. LOL

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      I know, this is taking forever. But I dont work on it alot & am getting ready to move 7 new house needs updated, so I will be working on it even less. But wanted to share this. Dakota Digital has a custom shop to make the gauge face the way you want it. Costs around $150 extra. I wasn't fond of the red & blue backlit gauges, then they came out with the one with the black face, white backlighting, & orange lit pointers. That's closer, but still needed something. So I contacted them & asked to make some changes. So here is my gauge cluster design on order from them. Will take 6-8 weeks.

NICE! I've been contemplating the Dakota gauges for over a year now but didnt like the faces they offered. Did you send them a photo or something to go by? Could you PM me a link to the contact info you used? I havent seen any custom option pages. I want nothing more than to replicate my current gauges with an electronic speedo (and a few extra mph). I

1985 Monte Carlo SS- 224/228 cammed 5.3/4L80E/17x9.5 Budnik Tiller 5s/BFG Comp T/As
      2007 2500HD Silverado CCSB Duramax- 18" KMC HOSS, 285s
      2006 Corvette Coupe- Black/LS2/M6/3LT/Corsa/Callaway MP112/Nitto Invos SOLD
      2002 Sierra Denali Quadrateer-
      SOLD

I'm also curious to see your solution to the AC + SC tensioner situation. I bought my Magnacharged LS2 out of my corvette that I'm going to stab into the Monte but it has an a-rib belt & A&A tensioner mounted where the AC bracket is mounted (I have the same holley bracket/Sanden compressor setup as you currently on my 5.3 in the car)
      1985 Monte Carlo SS- 224/228 cammed 5.3/4L80E/17x9.5 Budnik Tiller 5s/BFG Comp T/As
      2007 2500HD Silverado CCSB Duramax- 18" KMC HOSS, 285s
      2006 Corvette Coupe- Black/LS2/M6/3LT/Corsa/Callaway MP112/Nitto Invos SOLD
      2002 Sierra Denali Quadrateer-
      SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      More stuff to add to the Monte. Man, will I ever get this thing done. LOL

Well that escalated quickly! Nice work!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by somcamaross View Post
      I'm also curious to see your solution to the AC + SC tensioner situation. I bought my Magnacharged LS2 out of my corvette that I'm going to stab into the Monte but it has an a-rib belt & A&A tensioner mounted where the AC bracket is mounted (I have the same holley bracket/Sanden compressor setup as you currently on my 5.3 in the car)
      I thought I had it figured out. I was going to use the SC belt kit from LSX Concepts. I thought I could use the Holley AC bracket with it. But they told me it will not work. And their AC bracket Doesnt work with the AC ompressor I have. So not sure what I'm doing now.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com