Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      As promised, the flares are gone. The new look of the vast will hopefully come to digital life soon and that will for sure include wheels pushed out of the current quarters. To prep for that, some surgery has been performed to allow them to leave their stock homes and see the outside while still allowing three inches of up travel.

Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Cool beans! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the new version.
      1988 Mazda RX7 - Forged LS/T56, 76mm turbo, ProEFI, Ford 8.8 - Sold
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.
      2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Full bolt-ons
      2016 BMW 428iX GranSport - Stock...ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      As promised, the flares are gone.
      https://giphy.com/gifs/hallelujah-ch...-PRQ6McRJQ4vnO
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Haha I'm glad you and the choir approve! Hope you can use that gif for the next iteration as well
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Now this is what I envision when I think of wheel flares on a charger.

1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

Quote Originally Posted by FormTA View Post
      Now this is what I envision when I think of wheel flares on a charger.

I prefer the wide body look over flares on a car like the Charger. Sort of like what I did with my 69 Camaro. Roughly 1.5” stretch.

Apologies to the OP for the blatant hijack.

Looking forward to seeing what Ben comes up with.

Don
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

That was my suggestion a few post back but if he wants to have flares these look better IMO.

Camaro looks great though.
      1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

Any updates?

Thanks for thinking of the build and checking in bowtie. There actually has been a lot of work going on with the car recently but nothing is ready to be shared just yet. We are still working out the finer details of the rendering. Good news tho is that Ben really nailed it on the flares. I'm currently working on getting the new rear ones built. The front fiberglass ones have been cut off because those will be much different (and better) now. What I want to do with this thread is post up the rendering once it's done then show what I've built and let you all see it then. I will say that what he came up with looks way better than what I built before and even better than the charger Mopar built. It adds a lot to the lines of the car and looks like a bruiser now.

Updates should be coming shortly as I have plans for the car. If anyone is coming to the Woodward cruise in the Detroit area in early August, I have plans to have this car make its first public appearance at the roadkill nights event Saturday the 10th at their event at the M1 concourse. It will still be bare metal and fiberglass but it's what has to motivated to get stuff done on it and keep it going. I'm hoping to update this thread before then
      Last edited by Motorcitydak; 06-24-2019 at 03:45 PM.
      Steve

Thanks for thinking of the build and checking in bowtie. There actually has been a lot of work going on with the car recently but nothing is ready to be shared just yet. We are still working out the finer details of the rendering. Good news tho is that Ben really nailed it on the flares. I'm currently working on getting the new rear ones built. The front fiberglass ones have been cut off because those will be much different (and better) now. What I want to do with this thread is post up the rendering once it's done then show what I've built and let you all see it then. I will say that what he came up with looks way better than what I built before and even better than the charger Mopar built. It adds a lot to the lines of the car and looks like a bruiser now.

Updates should be coming shortly as I have plans for the car. If anyone is coming to the Woodward cruise in the Detroit area in early August, I have plans to have this car make its first public appearance at the roadkill nights event Saturday the 10th at their event at the M1 concourse. It will still be bare metal and fiberglass but it's what has to motivated to get stuff done on it and keep it going. I'm hoping to update this thread before then
      Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the rendering and car.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the rendering and car.

Don
      x2, this is definitely an inspiring build.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

What are you guys using to host pictures now? Since photobucket now wants a monthly fee, I need to find a new free place to put mine. I have Google photos but the best it does that I can figure out is to put a link in a reply that has to be clicked on. I'll add that in very bad with computers so the easier the process the better
      Steve

What are you guys using to host pictures now? Since photobucket now wants a monthly fee, I need to find a new free place to put mine. I have Google photos but the best it does that I can figure out is to put a link in a reply that has to be clicked on. I'll add that in very bad with computers so the easier the process the better
      Since the Photobucket debacle started, I switched to Flickr. But I wouldn't say it's intuitive.
      It includes your name when you "share" so I usually have to edit that out. There are probably better choices,
      but I have hundreds of pics on there now, so I'm committed. lol

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      Since the Photobucket debacle started, I switched to Flickr. But I wouldn't say it's intuitive.
      It includes your name when you "share" so I usually have to edit that out. There are probably better choices,
      but I have hundreds of pics on there now, so I'm committed. lol
      Jay
      I'm in the same boat, and they also started an annual fee now if you host over 1000 images. I want to say it was something like $50 a year, so not awful but still something to consider.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Here is the finished product guys! I'm still plugging away at the work best I can. Stay tuned for more updates!
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Steve

We're all looking forward to seeing more metal work Steve!! :D Here's a little crisper version for ya, the fb ones get a little fuzzy when you repost them elsewhere for some reason...

-Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Steve, guess I hadn't seen this thread since before the widebody sheet metal work started. There are different ways & opinions on how to do a widebody & the best looking ones take far more sheet metal work.
      I think with many classic car designs, keeping the factory types of fender lips and making the sheet metal expand outward as gently as possible is the best appearance.
      The NRE maximus shapes were a little inspiration for my personal widebody project which utilizes a 69 charger upper quarter panel portion.
      https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G4wlmG4qP90vM:

While I personally like the more rounded over factory fender look, the additional lines in Ben's version grew on me fast. They would standout better from other widebody charger projects & give a little less subtle appearance. I think as long as the new curved portions have a few degrees of slope to the tops where they meet back up with the body (rather than flat) & just a hint of curve to their upper line also , it should look pretty good. This detail shows up better in the line drawings than in the full color rendering.
      Ain't renderings cool.
      Here's a link to my widebody. Best pics are on page 10. I can give more info to how I made the shapes if you'd like. Still need to planish out smoother before I can weld mine in place & bodywork
      .https://gbodyforum.com/threads/el-ca....66438/page-10

Nice design. It all blends well and also stands out.

I love the graphics too.

Great car, I'm not sure how I've missed this project up to this point. I love that you started out in a tent!

Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Thanks guys, Ben and I are really happy with the way it came out. Jlcustoms, we explored just stretching the quarters out to cover the wheels but it just wasn't the look we wanted. I'm not wanting this car to be mistaken for stock by any means. This design gives it a mean, modified look that we really like.

Jaybee, stay tuned I have more good stuff to come. I sort of forgot about how this thing started off in a dirt floor tent! A few moves later, it finally gets to live in a proper work shop
      Steve

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com