Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      The fix for those with older builds like some that I have out there is to add "~original" minus the quotes in between the end of the IMG code like below .jpg~original[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Been a long time.....I'm still doing work on this car as I can but of course is always too slow. I did have an update ready a month or so ago but couldn't get a video to upload. Anyway I am happy to say that the drivetrain is now complete! I put in the cv shafts that I got made and finally had the system spinning to start to break in the front diff.

More recently I've been putting in the headlights. They came from a 1995 525i, unfortunately the one lens was broken and was holding water which damaged the silver coating on the aluminum piece that now looks white. I need to find another lens and will try some chrome wrap material on the aluminum. Also have a little rust on the one support that needs to be fixed. I do like the way they came out tho

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Country Flag: Australia
      I can still see them all but installed a Chrome browser extension for it. Called Photobucket hotlink fix. Works for all threads in any forum.

Well now that's annoying! I had no idea all the pictures were gone! The only other place I have them right now is in a hard drive. I'll see if I can do something there to fix it or I guess I might have to start all over again. If anyone knows how I can fix this, it would be very helpful.

For a little bit of progress, we moved back to Michigan and got into a new house that finally has something sensible, a 2400 heated work shop! The charger just moved in early this week and now we have some room to stretch out! I'm trying to get it ready for paint in the spring. I think right now it just needs some body work, few more lights and wiring. Also I'm looking into using the Racepak IQ3SL for my dash, any input on it would be great
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Why the hell would you come back here from SC? lol...I want to move to NC, or someplace in that area. I hate it here.
      But at least we don't require emissions testing or front license plates.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      The fix for those with older builds like some that I have out there is to add "~original" minus the quotes in between the end of the IMG code like below .jpg~original[/IMG]
      He shows you how to fix it above if you can still edit the posts.

Thanks ryeguy! I'll have to start going thru and adding that to everything. Jay, it was allergies and family that brought us back here, just in time for the winter too! Heard we already got more snow than all of last year.....
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
      I can still see them all but installed a Chrome browser extension for it. Called Photobucket hotlink fix. Works for all threads in any forum.
      Quote Originally Posted by brawls43 View Post
      Awesome tip for that chrome extension! thanks!
      Yeah, this was the saving grace for all the Photobucket BS.. it's brought us back from the stone age and revived all the epic build threads out there. And extensions available for Firefox as well. Not sure about for Safari on a Mac.
      1972 Nova, forged LQ4 with twin 6466's, T56 Magnum, OEM subframe w/ Speedtech front, Chassisworks gLink rear, Ridetech coils & Wilwoods, with a rear floater in the works --> http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...1972-nova.html

If I alter the image code, will the guys using that extension still be able to see them?
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      If I alter the image code, will the guys using that extension still be able to see them?
      Yes as I can see where it was done above as an example.

Any updates?
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

I've still been slowly working on the car just hasn't been much to show. Mostly really boring body work lately. When I made the front fender flares I really didn't get them as smooth as I sound have so they have been a lot of work. I also added some aerocatches to the hood and truck lid as well as the stainless mesh to the hole I cut in the tail panel. Then I also managed to turn my shop into a disaster, I've been building a horse barn and at the end of the day I just drop stuff wherever and get back in the house. Looks like this whole winter I'll just be doing more body work and try to be ready for paint in the spring

Here is where I am right now

It looks more odd in the pictures with the front fenders compared to the rear stock quarters but I think I'll start messing around with the rears soon to make them match a little better
      Steve

Keep up the good work!

whelp there's a charger lost forever.

I really like the rear tail panel and rear bumper! Great work!!!!!
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Sorry if you don't like it User, maybe this isn't the forum for you. Most of us don't see this metal as sacred and best left how the factory did things. They made about 100,000 of these cars, plenty to go around and stock is really boring and not even safe on today's roads and traffic patterns

Thanks injcted! I wish I could have gotten the rear end down more. The rear diffuser might end up looking a little odd or just won't be functional being to high off the ground. I need to figure out what to do with the chrome bumper. Not sure if I can sand it down some and maybe spray it with plastic? But nothing on the car will be chrome so that still needs some attention

So I started messing around with the rears and the thought of adding flares, I want to know what you guys think here. I've got 18x10s with 315/30s and they do fit in tf stock wheel wells. With the front fenders flared like they are, I just don't know if I like the back being stock. The tire fits with 1.5 inches to the outside on the rear quarter and I can run my fingers on the inside of the lip. I really don't need to add more coverage on the top but I do like being able to shroud the rest of the tire to keep it out of the air flow.

If I wanted to push the wheels out more, I'd need a new axle since I really don't like wheels with huge lips and I'm already spaced out as much as I want to go. Here I started messing around and added 1/2 inch of coverage at the top then covered the rest of the tire as much as possible. Went for more of a tear drop shape to sort of match the front end.

Looking at this one more, I think the rear of the flare should extend down more to match the front

To build it I could either do fiberglass or steel but both have down sides. I think th fiberglass would cost more and possibly take more time. Plus I'd either have to bond it to the metal and hope it doesn't crack or make it bolt on. Steel might be faster but I've never tried to shape metal like this and if I weld it to the quarter, I've already coated the inside (I think it was with some bed liner spray?) of it and would have to be very careful with the heat to not start a fire or something. I'm also not sure if I could get back in there to apply new coatings to keep it all protected.
      Last edited by Motorcitydak; 12-08-2018 at 05:46 AM.
      Steve

As an AWD freak I can't wait to see how this works out. I'm kicking around an idea with a R35 Gen GTR trans-axle on a car so any AWD project is inspiration to me. Keep up the momentum while you have it!
      Click here for my build thread
      Dad's Down and Dirty
      http://www.nerdrods.com
      @NerdRods - Instagram

Thanks a lot Russell, I'll try to keep up the work as best I can also keep the updates coming. I looked into a lot of other cars AWD systems and I found what worked best for this application. Many others will mount the front diff to the engine and dictate everything's location which I didn't like

I've been moving forward on the steel wheel well flares and followed what I had laid out in cardboard

Laid out like that I can't say I was happy with what I ended up with. There was too much coverage and I'm not going to push the rear wheels out any further, so the passenger side got a different approach. It has less coverage this time, actually there is no extra coverage from the top of the stock quarter. All I did was then run my 1/4 inch rod straight down using the tire as my reference. Then some 1/8 rod got bent around the quarter where the sheet metal will meet it

Here the front of the flare is done and you can see how I made my templates for the steel, just masking tape that I then cut and put into a piece of 18ga steel

And here are some terribly lit pics of the passenger side

Lastly the drivers side got cleaned back up before I put the 1/4 bent rod in place. I still need to template the other side so I can transfer my lines onto the quarter

Last edited by Motorcitydak; 01-10-2019 at 03:04 PM.
      Steve

Got some more work done on the rear wheel wells, really trying to get this thing into primer soon.

After I removed the first attempt at a flare frame, I templated the passenger side and transferred the outline to the drivers side and stuck on some 1/8 rod

After I exactly centered the axle under the car, I used the depth probe of a caliper to exactly space my 1/4 rod around the tire. Since I had these both sides exactly the same, I was able to use the same tape template to cut out the steel sheet for this side as well. Still have to fill in all the seams but it is nearly complete

Just have a little piece to throw in on the front and weld it all solid

It should be noted that in the pics, the car is lifted off the ground so I can get to things easier. On the floor the tires tuck into the wheel well much more than this. Once done, I have some paint to strip in some hard to reach areas of the door and trunk frames, do some body work on thread front end and maybe start getting the interior further along then I think it's about time to start squirting this thing. You guys should love the color in wanting to use!
      Steve

I know you are almost done and not to poo poo your vision but give this some thought. Maybe slice the quarter and pull it out some so the flairs don't look "stuck on" The fairs could be much smaller then.
      1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com