Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

Motor State Challenge registration now open!

Pro-Touring represents one of the fastest growing facets of the performance automotive hobby and Motor State Distributing, Lane Automotive and Allstar Performance Products are pleased to announce that they will host the Third Annual Motor State Challenge. The event will be held June 17-19 and will once again take place amid the lush orchards and vineyards of Southwestern Michigan, on the shore of beautiful Lake Michigan. Several top manufacturers of Pro-Touring components will also be on hand all three days to answer questions and to showcase their factory test cars. This event is the perfect opportunity to safely test a car’s performance in the autocross, on the road course and to show off what the car can really do. A full schedule of activities is already confirmed so plan to be here all weekend.

Friday, June 17

12:00 – 3:00 Motor State Facility Tours, 8300 Lane Drive near Exit 41 at intersection of M-140 and I-94
      3:15 – 3:30 Drivers’ Meeting (Cruise) at Motor State/Lane Automotive
      3:45 – 6:00 Cruise through the wine country and along Lake Michigan Shoreline (Approx. 40-50 Miles)
      6:00 – 10:00 – Beach Party/Cookout Dinner (weather permitting) at Warren Dunes on Lake Michigan near Bridgman, Michigan.

Saturday, June 18

8:00 – 5:00 All Day Event at Gingerman Raceway (Road Course) in South Haven, Michigan. BBQ dinner will follow at track. Drivers will be divided into groups, based on experience. Novice drivers will be led by a pace car, and speeds will be kept to a prudent rate. Experienced and Professional drivers will be able to run the course at a faster pace, but will still be expected to keep safety at the forefront. All drivers and passengers will be required to wear a SNELL 2000 (or later) rated helmet. There will be absolutely NO fender to fender racing allowed on the course. Convertibles are welcome to participate in the Motor State Challenge however, if competing for times and qualifying for the OUSCI, you will be required to have a roll bar and proper safety restraint equipment. Convertibles without this equipment will still be allowed to run on the road course and autocross but will be held to a slower speed for safety reasons.
      Sunday, June 19

8:00 – 4:00 Autocross, Lake Michigan College Parking Lot (Benton Harbor, MI)
      Competition will begin at 8:00 and continue until 4:00. Awards for the event will be handed out at the conclusion of the Autocross event. Motor State's Relay for Life team has offered to do a cookout on Sunday during the autocross. They will grill hamburgers, hot dogs, and provide chips, cookies, and drinks for a donation to the charity.
      Join us for three days filled with good times, good friends and the chance to experience the technological creativity and excitement that defines Pro-Touring. Due to the nature of this event, participation registrations will be limited. In order to secure a spot, please register as soon as possible. All events will run, rain or shine.
      Host Hotel Contact Information:

Surfari Joe’s Motel and Water Park, Exit 41 off I-94 at Watervliet, Michigan. Call 269-463-7946 today as rooms are limited. Tell them you are with the Pro-Touring Group. Room rates include passes to the Water Park attractions. Visit Surfari Joe's Website

Click below to visit the official event site and to register
      http://www.motorstate.com/msChallenge.htm/

Last edited by Larry Callahan; 03-14-2011 at 02:36 PM.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Woo Hoo!
      I'm registered!
      In the words Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel: "This one goes to Eleven!"
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

Quote Originally Posted by Zanie View Post
      Woo Hoo!
      I'm registered!
      In the words Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel: "This one goes to Eleven!"

Dan get ready this year myself and the car will be ready to give you an 11 ride around the track.
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

We're in with the 66 and wagon! As always driving hard and hanging out with great people is what we look forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      We're in with the 66 and wagon! As always driving hard and hanging out with great people is what we look forward too.
      Im marking that weekend off at work.

Need to get the camaro tuned.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

what does it cost to register for this event?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBodyShop View Post
      what does it cost to register for this event?
      i think my total bill was around $145?
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

I'm registered and have hotel reservations!
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

I'm in!! This year I will finally participate!
      Todd Longfellow

Does any one know if there is a vehicle year restriction to enter the Motor State Challenge

Thanks Scott
      Scott C

I'm there. It's nice to have this one in my back yard.

I'm in for the Challenge. It was so much fun last year! I tried to get my room at Surfari Joe's, apparently rooms not blocked out yet? Lots of weddings that weekend? The desk clerk took my name and phone # and said she would have to get back to me.

Chris

I was able to make reservations there on the 14th...... They don't seem real organized, however.

I'll be up again. Hopefully someone will drive in from farther than my 992 miles and take the longest distance trophy. Bobby is planning to have his 2nd gen ready for the RTMC and will do MSC also. Looking foward to seeing all you guys. Maybe some of you will be at NJ next week?
      Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      I'll be up again. Hopefully someone will drive in from farther than my 992 miles and take the longest distance trophy. Bobby is planning to have his 2nd gen ready for the RTMC and will do MSC also. Looking foward to seeing all you guys. Maybe some of you will be at NJ next week?
      Mike
      Mike, we're signed up for New Jersey (RTTS) also, but it is going to be down to the wire getting this LS conversion finished...
      Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Mike, we're signed up for New Jersey (RTTS) also, but it is going to be down to the wire getting this LS conversion finished...
      Tom
      I have faith in ya. Anyway I can help? I have done a few.
      Mike

I was not able to get a room at Surfari joes and am wondering if anyone want's to share a room or add a cot and save some more $$$.

I just need to shower and sleep that's about it.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Jim, it's too early for me to say yet. I have a room reserved but I may already have a crowd - I won't know for a while. If I end up not having a crew with me you're more than welcome, but you're probably better off if you can find an alternative in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhjr View Post
      Jim, it's too early for me to say yet. I have a room reserved but I may already have a crowd - I won't know for a while. If I end up not having a crew with me you're more than welcome, but you're probably better off if you can find an alternative in the meantime.
      Hi Bill, I have a room booked in South Haven that I can stop my reservation
      a week in advance if needed, so if it works out I will take the room since it is so much closer to everythin g going on.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

No problem Jim. We'll stay in touch and figure out the details as things progress. I still have no idea who may be coming with me - or not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com