Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Cris G View Post
      I am about to start on a 70 Pro-Tour Mustang.. It has kept me up late @ nites reseaching & coming out new ideas! I promise it will a very something very unique .. Got Ben hermance working on the rendering.. Got the 2011 Coyote Cobra drivetrain coming.. Ordered all DSE suspension components front & rear.. which they don't have yet but will use existing parts to come up with something cool.. some stretching & carbon fiber parts are being discussed.. & much more!!

I am very excited about this build because for a change it will not be a Camaro! Maybe some cool new billet pcs.. Maybe!

Transporter picking it up Monday..
      The new 5.0 Coyote seems to have inspired some new Mustang builds:

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/for...ead.php?t=9226

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mo...n-started.html

Country Flag: United States

68 Shelby GT500KR Pro-Touring

Found one!

All TCI equipment underneath. Guy has another KR vert.

One of the challenges with the Mustangs is that they are a unibody. Not like a Camaro either, where you can just unbolt the front sub and replace it, but a serious unibody where there is no subframe to remove. For a lot of manufacturers this has created a lot of challenges to come up with a solution that is easy to install and offer significant performance gains.

With our Max-G platform, we have kind of gone the other way and with a few floor mods/removal we can design a chassis for the ride height the customer wants with a number of front and rear suspension choices. While a project like this isn't for everyone, we have done a lot of chassis for 60's and early 70's era Mustangs. Two of the SMOY Mustangs in the last few years (Alloway and Kendig Design) have used our chassis. Kendig was a challenge since they were using the 405/25-24 on their car, but we were able to package it and it turned out to be very cool.

Craig, I don't want to get too off topic, but I think this is just relevant enough to post. I've been thinking of giving you guys a call for the last couple of weeks now. Since pro touring seems to be about the latest and greatest technology, I've always wondered if there would be more people on this site building Mustangs if the mod motor was more popular, or fit more easily into cars. Anyway, I've got a 2011 GT500 drivetrain I'm trying to fit in a '66. Both were too good a deal to pass up, and I didn't think about packaging constraints at the time. Have you had any customers who have done this before? The motor has an overall height of around 32" with the stock pan, and 2" less with a dry sump.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
      Craig, I don't want to get too off topic, but I think this is just relevant enough to post. I've been thinking of giving you guys a call for the last couple of weeks now. Since pro touring seems to be about the latest and greatest technology, I've always wondered if there would be more people on this site building Mustangs if the mod motor was more popular, or fit more easily into cars. Anyway, I've got a 2011 GT500 drivetrain I'm trying to fit in a '66. Both were too good a deal to pass up, and I didn't think about packaging constraints at the time. Have you had any customers who have done this before? The motor has an overall height of around 32" with the stock pan, and 2" less with a dry sump.

Matt
      I guess you missed the links I posted. One guy has been working on a Coyote '66 GT350H clone.

Check second link:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBuddha View Post

Wyatt, I did see those. In retrospect, I sometimes wish I went with a blown Coyote motor. The GT500 engine now has an aluminum block and is pretty bullet proof up to power levels that border on the absurd, however the increased deck height on the 5.4 makes its physical dimensions about an inch and a half larger than the 4.6 and 5.0.

Matt

The first time I ever saw a muscle car on a road track was at Big willow. I was there for a streets of willow track day and had some free time.

Saw a GT350H running full bore through turns 8 and 9. It gave me a raging hard on that I've been trying to get back since. Car was SO LOUD and sexy.

I'd go with a mustang any day of the damn week.

Country Flag: Ecuador
      Quote Originally Posted by Cris G View Post
      Got the 2011 Coyote Cobra drivetrain coming.. Ordered all DSE suspension components front & rear.. which they don't have yet but will use existing parts to come up with something cool
      I've been looking for ways to fit that engine on my 67 without having to chop the towers. with DSE im assuming a double wishbone front suspension a la Grigg's Racing?

If you can bring the price down do share your build!

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post

more info please!
      low is all I know..

In case, you didn't see it already, below is the track video I took early in August. After the first series of laps, I got a noise violation warning. I was the loudest car on the track. The sound, honestly was better than sex.
      Unfortunately, I had to restrict the exhaust, and that knocked off significant power, for me. Still 1/2 way through, they put me with a group consisting of 2 brand new supercharged roush mustangs, with track instructors driving. My driving was crappy. The car was awesome, and ran all day long without any issues.
      It was sponsored by a roush dealership. Probably it wouldn't have been good for sales, if the exhaust was open and the old bucket of bolts was catching the new cars out of the corners ;)

As far as car shows, I found the mustang group, for some part, very clique-y. I put it in one show, the car came 3rd out of 4 cars only, and the last car, a very rough (at home painted) modified convertible, left early. I have no doubt, if he stayed, I'd have been 4th LOL.
      They don't like modded cars, period. They're all about reproduction stickers and fake chalk marks LOL

I have been working on trying to get this thing to handle for a while!!. My problem is I have a second gen Camaro also. Let me say that the second gen stock will out handle my modified stang hands down. Not being able to bolt in a sub frame with all new geometry makes life a little harder on us stang lovers!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by rayy View Post
      I have been working on trying to get this thing to handle for a while!!. My problem is I have a second gen Camaro also. Let me say that the second gen stock will out handle my modified stang hands down. Not being able to bolt in a sub frame with all new geometry makes life a little harder on us stang lovers!
      More of this car please!!!!!

+1 for the Falcon!

Here's my 68 Fastback. 302 with Maier Front Springs and his Stock replacement Control arms, 1 1/8 swaybar. Maier stock replacement Rear Leaf spring with his Panhard bar. Maier Shelby Hood and trunk lid.

My wife driving

[youtube]Q3OyoHs2E8o[/youtube]
      [youtube]uMZAMLcVT6s[/youtube]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3OyoHs2E8o
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMZAMLcVT6s
      1968 Mustang GT
      2001 Z06 Penske, LT, K&N
      2002 Silverado HD QCLB 6.0 Ltr
      2004 Cadillac CTS-V Black LS6 DD
      GIFSoup

heres a old pic of my 68 stang efi 306/built aod
      1962 Impala vert

Well I will see how the car does on the auto x in a couple of weeks. Goodguys will be in Ft Worth area I will for sure be there. I ran the Camaro last at the spring event now it is the Mustangs turn! Frontend mods are Shelby drop 620 springs, Global West strutrods, roller perches, with Bear Brakes. Thats about it. Hey DSE need a test mule I have a canidate!!! I have herd they are working on mustang stuff kinda waiting to see it before I do anything. The Cortex stuff that is on the PHR Cougar looks real good.

Here is a couple of mine. Been visiting the site for quite some time, just never posted as I wasnt too sure this would be considered pro-touring. Have had the car in my family for almost 20 years. basic suspension mods, brake upgrade, and still kept the 390 Big Block/C6 combo. Have fwe more things to do, but getting there.

That thing sure looks good SM69Mach!

Glad to see this thread still alive. I dove off the deepend on my 68 Camaro instead of a new Mustang project but I still day dread about getting one

Keep them stangs coming. Even better are track videos!
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com