Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 67zo6Camaro View Post
      Awsome Bandit, can you send me an email copy to [email protected]. Thanks, and so cool.
      Click the attachment to open the larger version then right click, save as. If that doesn't work, let me know. Only took a few minutes to touch up like that. I'm sure a pro with experience could do a much better job than me!

Not sure if you've seen this Nova over on Steve's Nova Site, but I think yours would look wicked with fenders like this.

Attachment 45065 Attachment 45066

Wow, that is a pretty cool rendering. It has all of the cues that I want on my car, although the flares I am planning on will be more round and bolted on, more of an industial look.

Cool find.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Nice! I'm likeing this.
      i have a 70 i just started working on and i love this home build approch. i'm sure i'll have ?'s for you later but first i would like to know how is the ride?

Quote Originally Posted by 1red68 View Post
      Nice! I'm likeing this.
      i have a 70 i just started working on and i love this home build approch. i'm sure i'll have ?'s for you later but first i would like to know how is the ride?
      The ride is pretty nice, it doesn't beat you up. You do feel all of the road irregularities, but I only have KYB Gas-Adjusts on it now, so I'm sure the ride would be much better with a set of nicer shocks.

On another note. I was very happy with how the car handled at RTTC. It was very neutral and I was even able to induce oversteer without a Posi. I will be adding one 1/8" shim to the front and back of the UCA to gain some static camber, as the pictures I have seen shows it could use another 1-1.5*.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Hey Jon, do you have any side shots of the car? And what size wheels and tires are you running now exactly?
      Jason Nichols
      '72 Chevy Nova-The Blue Bomb https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...972-Chevy-Nova

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
      Not sure if you've seen this Nova over on Steve's Nova Site, but I think yours would look wicked with fenders like this.

Attachment 45065 Attachment 45066
      That looks pretty frickin rad!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

When do you plan on doing the fender flares? I'm very anxious to see it.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Does anyone offer a sort of universal fender flare like that? It would beat having to make the entire thing myself if I can just modify one
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

subscribed!

Sorry for the lack of updates guys! I haven't started on the flares yet as I have been out of town the last 3 weekends.... I did install a set of HID H4 bulbs, and what a difference! My AutoPal housing keep the light where it should be, so I won't be blinding other drivers.

We also did a little something with some spray paint, but I'll let people see it at Delmar first; don't get yourselves worked up, its something small.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      We also did a little something with some spray paint, but I'll let people see it at Delmar first; don't get yourselves worked up, its something small.
      Cant wait!

Im glad you guys did this. I have been thinking about doing something like this for my car as a means of correcting the lowered front end geometry without having to go with a drop spindle. (nobody makes one anyway). Rather than lowering the UCA for the Shelby drop, I could raise the lower arm, lower the car and have the same effect with a lower center of gravity. Thoughts?
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Im glad you guys did this. I have been thinking about doing something like this for my car as a means of correcting the lowered front end geometry without having to go with a drop spindle. (nobody makes one anyway). Rather than lowering the UCA for the Shelby drop, I could raise the lower arm, lower the car and have the same effect with a lower center of gravity. Thoughts?
      Chris,

At ride height is you LCA parallel to the ground? If so the only way to lower the car is raising the LCA or spindles ( but thats not an option for you).

Here are some more recent shots of that other Nova after paint. Maybe his flares will give you some ideas. Hope to see yours get started soon.

Attachment 45784 Attachment 45783 Attachment 45782 Attachment 45785
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Chris,

At ride height is you LCA parallel to the ground? If so the only way to lower the car is raising the LCA or spindles ( but thats not an option for you).
      At ride height the LCA angles up. I can take the shelby drop back out and raise the lower an inch which will help some but I dont know if it will be enough.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Hey Jon,
      what size wheels are you running and what issues did you have with the sway bar???

Just got back from the Del Mar Good Guys. Finished 3rd in the "Street Machine" category ('55 newer)! The car handles so much better now, with a few adjustments and some decent shocks it will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1red68 View Post
      Hey Jon,
      what size wheels are you running and what issues did you have with the sway bar???
      The wheels are 17x10.5 '03 Cobra replicas; they are 5x4.5, I am using a 1" adapter in the front and a 1.25" in the rear.

Previous to the modifications, the front sway bay was far too stiff. It also didn't help that there was not a rear bar to even out the roll stiffness; by adding the larger tires and a rear Hotchkis bar, the car is almost neutral.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

hey Jon the car looked great cant wait to get ours going
      John
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

Great job Jon. Car looked great out there...!
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com