Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      Congrats! it must feel great to have it running after all this time. It looks great.

I'm really hoping you can share more pics and your thoughts about how she turned out, and whether you would have done anything different regarding the engine, FI set up, pulleys, wiring, etc. My Pontiac powered (aluminum 535) '70 Formula should be completed this spring but still have many details to work out. The biggest concern right now is the FI set up and making sure it fits under the factory Formula hood.

Thanks!
      I don't have a real good overall pic of the car except this one.
      Name:  thumb_Attach0_1024.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  85.9 KB

Most time consuming part so far is to get an intake system to fit between the fuel rails and under the stock hood using an edelbrock torker II efi manifold. Went through several intakes and attempts to get an air cleaner system to fit. Had to cut off most of the FAST/Accufab throttle arm to get it to clear the thinnest air horn ring spacer and keep it from hitting the hood.
      Name:  thumb_IMG_1014_1024.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  100.5 KB

Still more detail work to do with the wiring and to get a better intake / air cleaner system in place.

I still have to get the suspension aligned and get the engine tune finalized before I'm road or track ready. Overall, as of now, now that the car suspension and brakes are better matched to the power the engine is making, I don't think I'd do anything different. I had quite a bit of help with the rear axle and suspension and getting the fuel system sorted out.

What I would change is switching from a top feed 4 bbl throttle body to a LSx style 90 mm TB and 90 elbow on the torker II manifold to pull air in from the front of the motor. The torker II manifold has the fuel rails angled towards the center likely for better injector line of sight but it reduces room for the throttle linkage, return springs and air cleaners. I've tried other manifolds including the Northwind and I couldn't get them to fit under the hood.

With the system as shown in my pic, I have about 5/16" clearance between the air cleaner assembly and hood. That's with a 1/2" spacer ring and a cut throttle arm.

Congrats Kevin! Very cool!
      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com