Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

BMR Launches New Product - Torque Arm Suspension for 70-73 Camaro/Firebird

BMR Suspension
      Torque Arm Suspension for 1970-1973 F-Body

Gain superior handling and greater adjustability in your 70-73 Camaro/Firebird with a Torque Arm Suspension from BMR Suspension. This complete kit comes with an adjustable torque arm, Watts Link, torque arm cross-member, coil-over conversion cross-member, lower control arms, and all necessary mounting hardware. The torque arm is equipped with a Delrin-bushed, telescoping front mount for bind-free axle articulation and a pinion-angle adjustable rear mount. The Watts link centers the rear axle housing even if the suspension is fully extended or compressed. The BMR Torque Arm Suspension (TAS004, TAS005, TAS006) is a true bolt-in kit that can be installed without cutting or welding the floor or frame. The suspension can be unbolted and the car can easily be returned to stock if desired. Applications for 10 bolt, 12 bolt, and Ford 9”. The Ford 9” version includes a new Strange rear axle housing. Coilover shocks sold separately. Available in black hammertone or red powdercoat.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email [email protected], or contact them at BMR Suspension, 12581 US Highway 301 North, Thonotosassa, FL 33592, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

Country Flag: United States
      Just curious what makes this 70-73 and not 70-81? I thought the 2nd gen F bodys all have the same rear ends? I know I have rear frame rails from a 81, fenders from a 70 and tail panel from a 77 on my car lol.
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

maybe it was a typo? pretty sure they have it on there site as 70-81 and recently noticed they have another kit for 67-69 camaro...which should also work with 68-74 x-bodies
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

70-81 camaro

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.c...d=29&catid=138

67-69 camaro and perhaps even 68-74 Xbodies? same rearend and same front subframe...aslong as length from rearend to subframe is the same i guess
      http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.c...id=25&catid=77
      72 buick skylark

I believe the subframes mount on different locations on the body and are also different width between the rails on the front subframe IIRC.
      2000 Pontiac Trans Am, Ls1/t56, SLP lid, LT's, cut-out, Borla cat-back.

1980 Pontiac Trans Am, soon to get Ls1/t56 transplant.

Good question. The 74-81 has the rear bushings on the subframe located in a different position. This requires a slightly different length torque arm then the 70-73 models. Also the rear frame rails have a slightly different shape to them. We also make kits for the 74-81, they are different part numbers which haven't even been updated on our web page yet. A press release for them will be soon to follow...

ah, learn something new everyDay
      72 buick skylark

Country Flag: Australia
      Yep, the rear mount points on the later frames are about 2" further forward, the frames are the same width and size, you can use a late frame under an early car just by cutting the rear two holes in the right place on top of the rails. Gearbox crossmembers need to be matched to either the early or late subframe...they mount in different places and are slightly different in width.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

does anyone know if a 68-74 x-body is the same as a 67-69 f-body?
      72 buick skylark

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      does anyone know if a 68-74 x-body is the same as a 67-69 f-body?
      We know that a good percentage is the same but floorpan countour variations and frame rail shape, width, etc. are not identical. We are starting the R&D for this platform in a few weeks and will know for sure just how much will have to change. I am hopeful that we can have a Torque Arm setup for the X-Body available by Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
      We know that a good percentage is the same but floorpan countour variations and frame rail shape, width, etc. are not identical. We are starting the R&D for this platform in a few weeks and will know for sure just how much will have to change. I am hopeful that we can have a Torque Arm setup for the X-Body available by Summer.
      awsome!
      72 buick skylark

Would the first gen camaro set up work in a 70 nova? I really would love to buy one of these>

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE70SS View Post
      Would the first gen camaro set up work in a 70 nova? I really would love to buy one of these>
      There are some subtle differences between the two applications. We actually start on the R&D process for the 68-74 Nova in a few weeks. I would say that since the design is so similar, we should have a finished product by late Spring, early Summer.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com