Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Australia

68 camaro wanted

CAR NO LONGER WANTED! BOUGHT A CAR FROM A MEMBER OF THIS SITE. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.

POST UPDATE

Looking for a 68 camaro - with some of the following:

Solid body most important - solid color preferred.
      RS (copy is fine)
      small block
      Good condition / new interior - largely stock is fine

Budget depends on car but up to ~ $30k. I'm looking for something I can drive most days.

Western US states preferred because I will be importing to Australia & its most economical to ship from CA.

I'm flexible if there's a car that comes close to this description & will consider 67 & 69's but 68 much preferred.

At some point my ideal car would have the following:

ls3 & 6spd auto
      complete new suspension package (tending towards TCI's independent front + rear four link)
      4 wheel discs

BUT due to my budget and finding a car with all that its probably a matter of finding one more stock that I can drive and work on in the meantime. Plan at this stage is to buy an rs camaro with the body & interior done and then later buy the suspension package, ls3 & 6spd auto to install down the track. Was thinking I would source the engine and gearbox from a written off HSV in Australia.

Thanks,
      Brad
      Last edited by rickardss; 06-21-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: updated post

Country Flag: United States
      I am thinking that most cars you find with a 4 link will have mini tubs. Is there a reason you don't want them?
      Jeff

Whats your budget?
      Greg

pm sent to you.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Jeff, good question - I realize a lot of cars with a 4 link may have mini tubs & I would certainly consider a camaro with them. My reason is that, to get an import approval from the government, which is necessary to import a car into Australia, they can say no if the car has certain modifications - including mini tubs depending on their size. Its a ridiculous rule because there isn't exact details on what are allowable modifications and what arent - its at their discretion. That said I have heard of other Australian's importing cars from the US with mini tubs so I would certainly consider them.

Greg, budget is under 30k, but its really car specific. I've got considerable extra costs to consider with shipping etc. I know thats not a lot of money for all I'm wanting but I'm willing to compromise in almost any area if there is car thats close to what I'm after.

please see top of thread...

bump - please see updated post at start of thread...thanks

I may have what you are looking for Its a good start for you to drive every day.
      PM sent.

Brad, I might have a 68 you would be interested in. Its not a RS but a real good driver. SBC, Keisler 5 Speed, big brakes front and rear, hotchks springs f/r, new interior, clean engine bay, good paint, and the car is located in SoCal. If interested let me know and I will get some pics for you. If you wanted to do the RS conversion I could also get that done for you before the car shipped.

Guys, thanks for the replies. I have found a car from a member off this site which I'm busily working on. Thanks for the messages.

- Brad

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com