Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Should mount a surf board on top! Not only will it look cool, you'll get nice down force!

Matt

What a great weekend we had at Charlotte. No, the wagon did not make the trip but, we did come home with a T56 to drop into it for next year. I am so excited at the progress that is taking place on the wagon. Tom and Sam deserve all the credit for keeping the cars on the road & track this year and for keeping the upgrades happening. I know we have a lot to do this winter to get things together for next season but, I am already anticipating the fun results from the upgrades.

Tom and Sam loading the T56 into the trunk of the 66. Yes, I said the trunk of the 66! Wow, were fully loading on the ten hour trip home!

Debbie

Lovin' the Long Roof

Congrats! Having a T56 makes for an entirely different car. It's the best possible choice for a manual box in a true all around performance wagon like yours. I'd suggest a 3.89:1 rear gear.
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

EFI is coming and current dyno run

Quite a few people already know this, but Deb recently won the drawing for a complete Holley EFI setup at the Pro-Touring dinner during SEMA. She has officially informed me me that we need to do something different than the worn out 327 that's in the wagon now. We have a few plans in mind to house the new EFI, but nothing firm yet. No matter what, I figured it was time to figure out exactly where we we're right now power wise so I drove it up to Norris Motorsports on Friday. Although Mike's clientele is usually a bit higher end, he was kind enough to put it on the dyno for us...

Really, it made more horsepower and torque than I would have guessed, but Deb deserves more, so that's what she'll get!
      218 horsepower and 265 torque

You gotta start somewhere, right? Out with the worn 327 and in with the new EFI 383!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

oh boy cant wait to see whats in store
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Damn if that 327 made 218/265 Not sure if i made much more.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      You gotta start somewhere, right? Out with the worn 327 and in with the new EFI 383!
      A 383 is a possibility for sure. I hate to be cheap, but if we stick with a one piece rear main seal internally balanced motor we can use the flywheel that came with the T56. $325-$460 savings....

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      oh boy cant wait to see what's in store
      Stay tuned, the wagon is going to get a handful of upgrades this winter. Of course we said that last year too and it only got a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      Damn if that 327 made 218/265 Not sure if i made much more.
      Oh believe me Dan, I drove your car and the wagon, we know the truth!

The new pulse of the wagon

Alright, it happened a lot faster than we had planned, but after doing a craigslist search with searchtempest I found a used ZZ4 crate engine in Racine, Wisconsin for a very fair price. So, a quick road trip and here it is. Now we'll save some cash for a road race oil pan and order the new EFI system.

Sweet!! Nice find!

Are you adding a different cam suited to EFI or just installing as is?
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

Very nice! I don't think you will be dissappointed. I was pleasantly surprised at how well my ZZ4 ran.
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
      Sweet!! Nice find!

Are you adding a different cam suited to EFI or just installing as is?
      Hmmm, hadn't thought about a different cam for that reason. We were planning a GM Hot Cam next winter. When I talk to Holley about the EFI I will ask them what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by wiedemab View Post
      Very nice! I don't think you will be dissappointed. I was pleasantly surprised at how well my ZZ4 ran.
      I remember you saying it made some decent power. No matter what, it will be a great improvement over the 327 in there now.
      Last edited by tommycomfort; 11-21-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Alright, it happened a lot faster than we had planned, but after doing a craigslist search with searchtempest I found a used ZZ4 crate engine in Racine, Wisconsin for a very fair price. So, a quick road trip and here it is. Now we'll save some cash for a road race oil pan and order the new EFI system.
      NICE! The wagon was fun before, but it's going to be a blast now!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      NICE! The wagon was fun before, but it's going to be a blast now!
      I have always had a blast in the wagon....I am VERY excited to get working on it so it will be done for one of the first events. I am sure that the first couple of runs will be "learning time" all over again for me! But I plan on connecting all the pieces and giving Tom and Sam a run for their money!
      Last edited by Saminator; 11-21-2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: wrong user name

Quote Originally Posted by Saminator View Post
      I have always had a blast in the wagon....I am VERY excited to get working on it so it will be done for one of the first events. I am sure that the first couple of runs will be "learning time" all over again for me! But I plan on connecting all the pieces and giving Tom and Sam a run for their money!
      This post is actually from me not Sam....He never logs off PT and I always forget to check!
      Debbie

Lovin' the Long Roof

Deb,It was great to see you win that Holley EFI at PT.Dinner.Awesome that you folk's are putting it to use so quickly.Call or email if you need anything for Sam's chevelle.Hope to meet up youall at the next event.Scott M.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
      Deb,It was great to see you win that Holley EFI at PT.Dinner.Awesome that you folk's are putting it to use so quickly.Call or email if you need anything for Sam's chevelle.Hope to meet up youall at the next event.Scott M.
      Thanks Scott, I was so excited about winning the EFI system. We have been talking for some time about the changes we were going to make and needed to make on the wagon. With so many irons in the fire it is sometimes hard to pick one to work on. I think that was just what we needed to start making them happen. Thanks for the kind words and support for Sam, he is as deep into this hobby as we are. His project is still on the front burner also...I am glad stoves have 2 front burners....lol.
      We plan on being at as many events as possible next year. We look forward to seeing you at a hand full of them.
      Debbie

Lovin' the Long Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Debington View Post
      Thanks Scott, I was so excited about winning the EFI system. We have been talking for some time about the changes we were going to make and needed to make on the wagon. With so many irons in the fire it is sometimes hard to pick one to work on. I think that was just what we needed to start making them happen. Thanks for the kind words and support for Sam, he is as deep into this hobby as we are. His project is still on the front burner also...I am glad stoves have 2 front burners....lol.
      We plan on being at as many events as possible next year. We look forward to seeing you at a hand full of them.
      Lets see, the wagon (#2) and Sam's car (#1), where does that leave the 66, on the back burner? Hmmmm, maybe I should be the one setting up the priority list!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com