Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      My guess is that the Challenger seats would look huge in a Falcon. They are not small and the Challenger is a much larger car than the Falcon. That is the delima, affordable period looking seats that have good support, fit bigger guys and are not too large for the car. Custom upholstered Recaros would do the trick but they would cost almost as much as my whole car.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

What about the TMI sport seat conversions?

or Caviler seats?

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I looked at those, problem is that I believe you have to supply the frame, I looked on Ebay/Craigslist to get an idea of buying old frames and when you add up the frames plus the TMI covers/foam it is much more cost effective to gow ith the Procars. Now, if I already had seat frames I think the TMI sport covers are one of the best options out there. Unless I am wrong and you can buy the TMI's as a total assembled package?
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

They only sell foam and covers. I'll make you a killer deal on some 66 seats!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Dodge Neon SRT4 seats in my Falcon. My Buddy has the same seats in his 66 Cuda, He is 6', and finds them comfortable.
      No, they don't look period correct. But, I don't like low back seats.

Im using Gen IV Camaro seats. Recovered to match my rear seat. They have adequate side bolstering and can be purchased for super cheap. I added the harness slots myself. Just had to weld a bar to the frame to support them. No biggie.

Name:  IMG_20130817_154111_024.jpg
Views: 3117
Size:  90.7 KB
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Im using Gen IV Camaro seats. Recovered to match my rear seat. They have adequate side bolstering and can be purchased for super cheap. I added the harness slots myself. Just had to weld a bar to the frame to support them. No biggie.
      Those look nice, are the manual adjustment? Whatever I go wtih I plan on manual adjustment, no need for the added weight or complexity of power operated seats.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

They have manual OR power available. I had power but converted to manual for a lower seat position. I found these on craigslist and paid 50.00 for front and rear seats.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

looking good, nice progress.

well...? Updates?

Cool project! Love to see more and more falcons pop up in here!!!! Great work
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Ordered my seats yesterday and now trying to decide on a Steering Column, Ididit or FR? Seats are Procar Rally Smooth Back in the Maroon Vinyl. Now that we are out of the cold winter it is time to get this thing moving forward. Also, if anyone has suggestions on steering wheels to go with the aftermarket columns. How do you avoid all types of adapters and stupid crap, just want a simple bolt on 3 or 4 spoke wheel in black leather about 14" diameter that will break the bank.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

Nice choice on the seats. I have the non-rally version of the low backs and pretty happy with how they fit the car.

Here is a picture of the seats. Should look good with the interior and exterior. Plan to go white with satin black accents on exterior and black/satin aluminum on the interior. Seats and some door/dash trim will be in the maroon vinyl.

http://cdn.nexternal.com/sacstang/im...-1000-56S2.jpgName:  80-1000-56S2.jpg
Views: 2738
Size:  52.0 KB
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Country Flag: Canada
      Those look really nice. Is that color right from Scat? Special order? They only had black when I bought mine.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Yes stock color, but most places do not carry them "in-stock" and they have to be direct shipped from Procar/Scat. I bought mine through Summit Racing, black would have shipped same day, the Maroon are a 2 week lead time. I had Procar send me samples of all the availalbe materials. It came down to the Maroon or Blue, the Maroon fit the look of my build the best, and the wife also prefered the color.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Country Flag: Canada
      Damn i want those in my Falcon.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      It came down to the Maroon or Blue, the Maroon fit the look of my build the best, and the wife also prefered the color.
      Looks more "burnt orange" in the picture than Maroon?
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

Haha, I went to Tech so either way it is the wrong color. Truthfully the picture is somewhat misleading, I have the physical sample they sent and it is definitely an earthy maroon color.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Welding a quick release on to the end of your steering shaft will help in avoiding clunky crud. My advice stinks, though; I don't have a steering column, and I like things that come from Speedway...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com