Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Engine Ready to go in!

Well, it has been awhile since I have had updates. My time has been spent getting our house ready to put up for rent and planning our upcoming relocation from Texas to Wisconsin. However I have recently gotten back to work on the car. I built mounts for the lower rear links and used them as the jump point for the subframe connectors. I have a couple of the lateral braces installed which tie the subframe connectors back to the outside framerails of the unibody. Also have the engine prepped for its intial installation into the car. Once we know it fits and I get everything worked out I will pull it to detail it, add a few performance parts, and make it look all pretty.

Intake stripped off engine and ready to go.

Firewall rough cut for the initial install.

Few pictures of Subframe connectors

The plan is to get the engine installed over this weekend. More pics of it resting in its new home hopefully to follow in a few days, wish me luck! It's a wide engine to fit into a small space.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Can't wait to see how it looks in there.
      Chassis should be pretty stiff with the bracing.

Steve

If you need help let me know. Looks good.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Thanks, I think we have it covered. My dad and brother in-law are going to help out. Fingers crossed all goes smooth and it slips right in.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Country Flag: Canada
      Way to cut that stuff up. Was it pretty rusted?
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Floor pans were a layered mess of rivited random sheets to the rusted stockers. Luckily the rockers were in good shape except for a few small areas that will require a patch. I have new pans to go in once the subframe and links are all installed. It pained me to cut the firewall, it was still perfect metal, but the big 3650 bell housing needs its room, so out it came.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Engine is in!!

Took about two hours to get the engine sitting in its new home. Now off to mow the lawn. Will post pictures this evening. The 3v looks great, really fills the engine bay of the Falcon!
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

That 3v is going to look awesome in there! Project is coming along really nice! where in Wisconsin are you moving to?
      Tyler

Put A FORD In Your FORD!

Madison
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Pictures of the 3v in its new home

Well here are some pictures of the rag-tag crew who helped me get this thing shoe horned in. Big thanks to my dad, father-in-law and brother-in-law for the extra hands, whit, and unsolicited advice.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

Country Flag: Canada
      That looks awesome.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

3V looks great in there! I am from the milwaukee area
      Tyler

Put A FORD In Your FORD!

That looks great. With the space requirements being so high for the Coyote, the 3-valve is at the top of my mod motor list for my car.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

It looks bionic--nice work! I did a similar thing with the frame support on my Falcon. I used 2x2 for the longitudinal sections (welded into each fore and aft frame rail, then plated underneath with .120 sheet), and 2x3 (all 120 wall) for the lateral chunks (outriggers) around the front and rear of the doors. The outriggers served two nice purposes: one was for landing roll bars, and the other was for some nice new jacking points underneath (rather than crappy sheetmetal). I also made a weird, pie-cut bridge over my trans tunnel behind the seats--this lands on top of the rear outriggers. It's very easy to jack up the whole car with one jack at either outrigger point now... Sorry for the TMI--keep up the great work!

I am loving the progress Jonathan. This car is shaping up to be quite a monster. I may have some header options in the coming months so if you can prolong that end of things please do so.

-J
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"

If the headers will fit the Ford 3v 4.6 I am all ears! I really want to run long tubes but the JBA's I bought are miles from fitting, especially if I want to have a steering shaft. You know me, I am willing to be a test fitter guinea pig, let me know. There appears to be room, just have to get "creative" with the routing of the primaries.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      If the headers will fit the Ford 3v 4.6 I am all ears! I really want to run long tubes but the JBA's I bought are miles from fitting, especially if I want to have a steering shaft. You know me, I am willing to be a test fitter guinea pig, let me know. There appears to be room, just have to get "creative" with the routing of the primaries.
      I'll see what I can do and keep you posted.

-J
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"

You might have mentioned it throughout your thread, but a cursory review did not produce the answer. What bolt pattern are your wheels? I am assuming 5x4.5 but I did not know for sure. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgeneration View Post
      You might have mentioned it throughout your thread, but a cursory review did not produce the answer. What bolt pattern are your wheels? I am assuming 5x4.5 but I did not know for sure. Thanks!
      Yes, mustang bolt pattern, 5x4.5.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Looks like you have made a lot of progress... I just need to get my fairlane home and get to working on it. All these Fords getting worked over here are really inspiring me.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com