Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
      Country Flag: UK
      Hey this is one cool project, just subscribed.

I have bought and importing a '63 Falcon into England and just posted a link on here;

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Falcons/page3

I'm really interested in your suspension choices, but can't seem to see your photos on the early pages?

Will be watching with interest.

Chris

Country Flag: United States
      I am using a 3v 4.6 out of a 2006 Mustang GT and the associated 5 speed. My suspension is the TCI Protouring Mustang/Cougar set-up modified to fit the width of the Falcon frame rails. Not the most "bolt-in" solution but should handle better than the standard Mustang II stuff. I had to go the "loose the shock towers" route because of how wide the Ford Modular v8's are.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Country Flag: UK
      Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      I am using a 3v 4.6 out of a 2006 Mustang GT and the associated 5 speed. My suspension is the TCI Protouring Mustang?Cougar set-up modified to fit the width of the Falcon frame rails. Not the most "bolt-in" solution but should handle better than the standard Mustang II stuff. I had to go the "loose the shock towers" route because of how wide the Ford Modular v8's are.
      That's very helpful, many thanks.
      Chris

Very nice build man.i was going through the thread and noticed your pics are not up anymore.i was really hoping to see how you did the back frame rails,suspension and other stuff.when ever you get a chance or have some free time can you please restore your pics?I would really appreciate it if you would.I'm trying to learn how to do things with my falcon like you have done.anyways,you have one bad car and i hope to see it done one day.thank you sir.

Thanks. It sucks that the photo hosting site crapped out and all those pictures have dropped off. It will take some digging to find the older pictures. I am guilty of not consolidating all of the pictures into a single folder like I really should. Any specific pics you are looking for or just rear suspension in general?

TXOUTLAW, where are you located. If you are in the DFW area you could always come by and take a look in person.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

New to the site and just finished reading up on your build. I too was bummed your pic's were gone, but the latest you posted look great. I love what you did with the hood. Mine looks kind of boring just having a thunder bolt hood.
      Life's a journey not a destination, So let's all live Life in the Fast Lane.

Thanks for the invite but I'm all the way down here in the Houston area.as far as the pics,I would like to see the back frame rails and rear suspension area if of you don't mind.I'm in no big hurry so when ever you get the free time.I'm slowly working on my floor pans and trunk area which is rusted along with some of the back frame rails.its gonna be some work but it's coming along.

Here ya go, hope these help. I think I has some other pictures somewhere as well, still looking.Name:  March 10 2012 017.jpg
Views: 2012
Size:  231.0 KBName:  March 10 2012 020.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  236.2 KBName:  March 10 2012 021.jpg
Views: 2012
Size:  265.3 KBName:  March 10 2012 022.jpg
Views: 1981
Size:  277.0 KBName:  March 10 2012 033.jpg
Views: 1984
Size:  268.8 KB
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Thanks for the pics LowFast.that's really gonna help me out when I get to that point.about how many hrs do you think you have in just that back area?

Its hard for me to estimate the hours in this as I am just a hobbyist and worked on it when I have time. For strictly the frame rail relocation, modifying the TCI rear 4-link and then installing it all i would say probably around 20 hours, a large portion of which was cutting out the rotted inner fender wells and the "design on the fly" work of figuring out how to get everything properly adjusted to not only fit but also function.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Car looks great and I love the Minilite type wheels, who makes them?
      Just ordered TCI's front and Rear kit and after reading through your thread I am primed to get started.
      If you get a chance would like to see pictures of your engine install and front valance install.
      I will be needing the additional air for the intercooler that will sit low and in front of the radiator.

Team III makes the Mini Lites. Mine were custom one offs to fit the required width and backspacing.

FYI, my TCI kit for the front was actually the Mustang Protouring kit that I modified to fit the falcon frame width.

I will have to do some digging to find the engine and front valance pictures. The valance is just a standard 65 mustang unit widened and hacked up to make it fit the falcon and to have the additional opening for future intercooler. I plan to run some form of forced induction, just not sure which one yet.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Subscribed! Very cool build. Love the old Falcons

Any updates?
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

On the car or the house? New house is moving along much faster than the Falcon.

Name:  IMG_2070.JPG
Views: 1238
Size:  32.7 KB
      I did get my new rear buckets not that long ago. I have not set them in the car but should do that this weekend. I will have to build custom mounts to keep them low to the floor but they should fit nicely in the space with the custom built flow through console/trans tunnel.

Also threw in a few pictures of the house since that is where all the money for the Falcon is currently going.
      Name:  Front 091217.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  203.3 KB
      Name:  Kitchen 091217.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  214.3 KB
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

I picked up a used Edelbrock E-Force supercharger for a steal. Luckily the hood scoop I built clears it with an inch or so to spare. It is not the prettiest blower but with some paint and clean-up it should look good. I can safely get around 500chp/500ctq safely out of the stock 4.6. The blower came off a wrecked Saleen Extreme with a built engine putting down over 650hp to the wheels, so it has the potential should I ever decide to fortify the engine and dial it up. The heat exchanger/intercooler will fit nicely into the front valance cutout, it is a Shelby GT500 unit (just set it on top to show relative size).
      Name:  IMG_2170.JPG
Views: 1049
Size:  132.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_2171.JPG
Views: 1091
Size:  78.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_2176.JPG
Views: 1165
Size:  124.4 KB
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

All four of the Procar buckets are set in to see how it all fits. ended up with more rear legroom than anticipated. I plan to "sink" the rear buckets into the rear deck/firewall alittle for more room and for a cleaner look. I am really happy with the quality of the procar vinyl and stitching. A good product for the money. Sorry about the plastic, but gotta keep'em clean until the glass goes in which is many moons away.
      Attached Images Attached Images        
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

WOW. Loving your build. I clicked on it after you posted on my thread. Very nice work!

Thanks. Currently building a new separate workshop which should give me more room and accelerate the progress. I do have a Budnik steering wheel on the way and then will need to measure for the ididit column.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com