Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Double stack 4x6 square headlights, other than that I guess it looks good.

I will get out in the garage and start fabb'n

1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Double stack 4x6 square headlights, other than that I guess it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
      Ha, I'm just messing with him. It might come from wheel jealousy.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Country Flag: Canada
      I really like the front spoiler and the valence. Looking good...
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Thanks for the compliments. Not sure if I mentioned it before but the front bumper will be cut down about 1" each side so that it will align with the body and not stick out past the fender. Goal for this weekend . . . more work ont he floor pans and trans tunnel.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Your project is looking great ! Love the fab work on the hood and bumper !
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

Appreciated.

I planned to use this long weekend to really make some headway. Friday afternoon I ran out of welding gas and figured I would go first thing Saturday morning to restock. No bueno, Madison does not have a big selection of places to pick up 75/25, and my go to, AirGas, is not open on weekends. So I was a bit ticked that I now have a whole weekend free to work and no way to weld. Murphy's law I guess. I did get the front frame rails clearanced to fit the monster Fluidyne radiator, I need to snap a few pics tomorrow to post up.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Here are a few pictures of my new MGW shifter vs the stocker. This thing is so pretty I hate to cover it with the trans tunnel. I was trying to figure out a way to leave it exposed inside the car but there is just no way to make it work unless I just leave a hole in the trans tunnel.

Also a few pictures of "clearancing" the frame for the radiator to sit lower. The large Fluidyne S197 Mustang Radiator is wider than the framerails so I cut out a section and then used some 3/32 plate to brace it back up. In the end the only thing this part of the frame supports is the bumper so no structural issues by making these adjustments.

Before the cuts the radiator sat way to high, after the cuts is now sits nice and low, leaving room for a removable upper rad support.

Still have to clean it up and weld the bottom, just got lazy and did not want to crawl under the car. I hate welding overhead while laying on the garage floor. I now understand why people go the rotiserie route.
      Last edited by LowFast; 09-02-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Pictures Added
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Looking good. You'll appreciate that big radiator later when sitting in a line of traffic or sitting in staging on a warm day. You'll be the one guy running icy cool =)

Keep up the good progress, sir.

Thanks. I have 90% of the trans tunnel complete, really happy how it is turning out. I will try to get a few pics.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

"Double stack 4x6 square headlights, other than that I guess it looks good", quote from z06killinsbf

Square headlights on a Falcon? I don't know if this is satirical in nature, but either way it is funny. LowFast your build is looking fantastic and one of the reasons I ever log on to this website is to check the status of your build. Great job and keep the round headlights for crying out loud.

Thanks. And yes Z06 and I tend to rib eachother, however he owes me as I provided one of the rear axles for his car.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Lowfast, hit me up next time you come back down and ill buy you a beer!

I still think the "Family Cruiser" look headlights would be a hit...
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Will do man. In all seroiusness we are hoping to move back to Dallas in July of 2014 and end our little vacation up north. I am tired of having to explain to all the libs up here the reason I own firearms.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

LowFast, sweet Falcon build!!! Really like the direction of this car! That hood is too cool...no...more like Bad Ass!!!
      1967 Mustang Coupe - I think I've built more tools\jigs than worked on the car???
      Build Thread: Project OCD

Thanks!
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by modmotor46 View Post
      LowFast, sweet Falcon build!!! Really like the direction of this car! That hood is too cool...no...more like Bad Ass!!!
      I gotta agree, I like the hood. ALMOST as much as I like the mini-lites. Those are just STELLAR. I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of variations on those wheels at SEMA this year.

Speaking of SEMA, hurry up and get this Falcon together so someone snatches it up to sit in a SEMA booth so we can get some representation in the big show!

Quote Originally Posted by Munssey View Post
      I gotta agree, I like the hood. ALMOST as much as I like the mini-lites. Those are just STELLAR. I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of variations on those wheels at SEMA this year.

Speaking of SEMA, hurry up and get this Falcon together so someone snatches it up to sit in a SEMA booth so we can get some representation in the big show!
      Not sure my home build would be considered SEMA worthy, but I appreciate the compliment.

I have been traveling allot with work lately so progress has stalled. Hopefully can get back on it in the next week or so. I also need to post pics of the trans tunnel and installed shifter set-up.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

luv the Nugget

Your falcon is going to bad ass, I just joined the forum looking for someone doing the same thing I have been dreaming. Cant wait to see more progress. I just started tearing down mine and would like to do something similar but use a wrecked coyote mustang for a engine snd trans donor. I am curious how you will do the exhaust and the master cylinder. Your doing a great job and your falcon will be one of the best ive seen, thanks for the inspiration. And please post some more pictures!!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I promise to get some more progress pics posted. My wife has the camera with her and is out of town, but she should get home this afternoon. Thanks for the compliments. I never viewed my project as inspiring, frustrating sometimes maybe, but I am happy to see others are interested in the Falcons and turning them into serious protouring machines. I can say, and this is just my opinion, when you get a Falcon hardtop down with the right stance, visually, it crushes any Mustang I have seen.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com