Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Australia
      Great falcon, hood looks cool.

Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys. even after having it fabbed up for a few weeks I am still digging the hood, I think it will look mean when the car is back down on the ground. I was able to score a 64 grill in great condition for $75, those of you who know Falcon parts know that is a smok'n deal. It is down in Dallas so next time the in-laws drive up to Wisconsin I will have them bring it along.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Name:  IMAG0571.jpg
Views: 2804
Size:  211.5 KBName:  IMAG0593.jpg
Views: 2705
Size:  178.7 KBCongrats on the new move!! Your build makes me wish that I would have kept my 62. I bought it for my wife, but our newest addition to the family over ruled....
      Here is a quick pic of it..

New guy here, I checked out your build and had to register to tell you that you are doing a great job! I have a 64 sprint convertible, I think falcons are one of the best looking cars ford built.

Thanks for the kind words. Post up some pics of your Falcon, or better yet start a build thread.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Do you mind sharing what kit number or specifically what bracket number your rear kit is. I ordered a kit for the big bearing new style for my 98 explorer and it does not fit and willwood did not have a part number for me

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgeneration View Post
      Do you mind sharing what kit number or specifically what bracket number your rear kit is. I ordered a kit for the big bearing new style for my 98 explorer and it does not fit and willwood did not have a part number for me
      No problem,

Wilwood D154 Pro Series Rear Parking Brake Kit With 12.19" Diameter Vented Rotor (2.50 Offset) - Big Bearing Ford, New Style - Part Number 140-12209

Wilwood told me it would not fit, so in typical me fashion I ignored them, measured the hell out of it, and went on blind faith. Kit bolted up no problem, however you do not use the Bearing Retainer Plate (not needed on an 8.8, or you could grind down the ridge if you felt it was needed), just omit it and bolt it all up! Perfect fit, if Wilwood was smart they would just omit/modify this plate and open up an option for people who need this type of rear kit.

Please note, you have to remove the axles to install the Bracket/Parking Brake Assembly.

If you need more detail or would like a scan of the diagram let me know.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Thanks, yeah I went ahead and milled the inner diameter of the plate an additional .060" and it fit just fine. You are right, wilwood should adjust the kit for the explorer rearend. I think there is enough hobbyists utilizing the explorer rearend for projects to make it worth while. I appreciate your help on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgeneration View Post
      Thanks, yeah I went ahead and milled the inner diameter of the plate an additional .060" and it fit just fine. You are right, wilwood should adjust the kit for the explorer rearend. I think there is enough hobbyists utilizing the explorer rearend for projects to make it worth while. I appreciate your help on this matter.
      What are your thoughts on the plates, I just left them off as they are not needed as a retainer on the 8.8 and they did not seem to provide greater strength of rigidity but now you have me thinking. Do I need to mill then down and install or just leave them off?
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Working on Front Bumper

Well it has been a bit since I last gave an update. Our second son was born on September 19th so we have been busy to say the least. Over the Thanksgiving holiday I did make it out into the garage (it is starting to get a wee bit cold here in Wisconsin for a Texas boy) and was able to make some progress on the front bumper/valance. It is bumper/valance repo combo for a 65 mustang. I cut off the little "wings" on the ends of the bumper to better fit the Falcon profile. I also widened the front valance about 2" per side to align the valance with the Falcon front fenders. It is all starting to shape up and I like the look more than the original "heavy" stock bumper. It is sort of a compromise between a Shelby Valance and the stock set-up. Right now I am playing with how to treat the center lower intake, not sure if I just leave it a big "open mouth" or try to do something else with it. I also have to clean up all of the patch panels as they are currently just tacked in place. Anyway, let me know your thoughts. BTW, the bumper will not be chrome, it will be stripped and painted as part of the overall color scheme for the car, I am not a big fan of chrome.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

I know a guy with the shelby bumper on the front of his 65 Falcon. Looks really nice and I always wondered how it would look with the mustang bumpers on there too. Looks pretty cool!

I'm at the stage of needing to cut my hood, but like you said, making that first cut is not easy to do! haha!

Sorry for the delay in responding to the brake bracket question. I did not get the kit with the parking brake so I believe our bracketry is different. I did not realize this into further looking at your brackets from your imageshack photos and other pictures online. If I did not mill the bracket out further, then I would not have had anything to attach the bracket that holds the caliper. Yours appears to have the bracketry secured with the parking brake attachment. So for you, absolutely no need for the bracket, but for those ordering the kit with no parking brake, if they want it to fit an 8.8 then it will need to be milled .060".

Congratulations on the new baby! I have a 4yo and 17month old, so I understand the difficulty with making it to the garage.

I'm really digging that front valance/bumper. I'm trying to get one of my buddies that does carbon fiber to make me some bumpers and possibly a hood. Congrats on the family addition
      1965 Ford Falcon Blown and injected small block
      2011 Mustang GT
      1967 Bronco
      2004 Dodge Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by evilucy65 View Post
      I'm really digging that front valance/bumper. I'm trying to get one of my buddies that does carbon fiber to make me some bumpers and possibly a hood. Congrats on the family addition
      Some Carbon parts for the Falcon would be cool, our options are pretty limited at the moment but the more of us who build them the greater the potential market.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Im interested in seeing the mustang valance and bumper come together. I like my shelby valance.

Hey - great build!

Sorry if I missed it, but what is the back spacing on your front wheels?

Have to go back and check but I think they were 6.5" on an 8" rim, which is why the wheels needed to be custom built. I had to go extreme on the BS because the TCI front clip widend the track .5"+ per side, good for handling, bad for wheel selection.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Original Bucket Seats

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Quick update. Finalizing the wheels and hope to have them ordered in the next week or so. Going with the Team III LTIII wheels (look like old pan sports) in 18x8 up front and 18x11 out back. I also started laying out the rear 4-link and should start that install this weekend. Hopefully this thing will be a roller before the new year and I can get to work on installing the engine/tranny combo. Also if you know anyone who needs a set of original 64/65 Falcon bucket seats send them my way, I will make them a killer deal to get them out of my garage.
      I'd be interested in the bucket seats for the 65 Falcon. Just what I need to start my interior restoration - Do you still have them?

What condition are the seats\? Do they have the slider frames?

any updates?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com