Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 85coupe50 View Post
      Looks like you have made a lot of progress... I just need to get my fairlane home and get to working on it. All these Fords getting worked over here are really inspiring me.

Glad to see another Ford on board, while I admire all the Chevy builds and the quality that goes into them my heart will always prefer a well done Ford, especially those that are less commonly done up PT style.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

We are now up in Madison, Wisconsin and getting settled. I thought we would be avoiding the Texas heat but it seems we brought it up here with us. I snapped a few pictures of the Falcon in its new home, this house has a 3 car garage so more room to work an manuver esepcially in the winter months. I will get the pictures uploaded as soon as I can find the cord for the camera, gotta love moving! Anyone know if any fellow PTers up in the Madison area? We don't really know anyone up here and it would be good to meet some locals with shared interests.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

I am in the beginning stages of putting the TCI front and rear on my 61 Falcon. I love your wheel choice, but was more curious to the final specs of the front wheel. Do you mind sharing the final specs of your front wheels (backspacing/offset)? Also, did you modify the upper control arm from TCI? Thanks for your help.

Thats really nice how that engine fits. And I luv those wheels. One question, whats in Wisconson if you dont mind me asking? Im actually moving back to Texas from Florida in a month, myself. The economy in texas is my reason, oh yeah and the cars! Ive lived in Carrollton and Euless.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgeneration View Post
      I am in the beginning stages of putting the TCI front and rear on my 61 Falcon. I love your wheel choice, but was more curious to the final specs of the front wheel. Do you mind sharing the final specs of your front wheels (backspacing/offset)? Also, did you modify the upper control arm from TCI? Thanks for your help.

I used the Mustang/Cougar ProTouring kit and modded the crossmember and mounts to fit the Falcon Framerails. If you are going with the Falcon specific kit you will not have these issues. Also because I went with the ProToruing kit it bumped the track width alittle more than an inch which made the backspacing and wheel selection more difficult. If you are running the standard kit TCI should be able to hook you up with the backspacing for your situation. If you used my back space the wheels would be sucked too far in and probably have rubbing issues.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by lsx80monte View Post
      Thats really nice how that engine fits. And I luv those wheels. One question, whats in Wisconson if you dont mind me asking? Im actually moving back to Texas from Florida in a month, myself. The economy in texas is my reason, oh yeah and the cars! Ive lived in Carrollton and Euless.
      Moved up here for a short stint for my wife, she is completing a medical fellowship at the University of Wisconsin. The hope is that we are back in Texas in a couple of years, but job availability will dictate when the time comes.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Thanks for the information.

I am in milwaukee if you ever get over in the area let me know!
      Tyler

Put A FORD In Your FORD!

Quote Originally Posted by 56pickup View Post
      I am in milwaukee if you ever get over in the area let me know!
      Will do, the Mecham auction is supposed to be here somewhere in Wisconsin in the first part of August and I might go check that out.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Point of no return, CUT THE HOOD!

Well this weekend I took the dive and cut the hood to start fabbing up a scoop to accomodate the height of the 4.6 engine (the engine required a minimum of a 1.5" extra room.) I am going with sort of a 68 Shelby KR inspired wide scoop with a bit of a Falcon twist. I have to go pick up some sheet metal this afternoon and then get to fabbing up the sides, front and back and weld/blend it all in to the stock hood. So far I am very pleased with the look of the mock-up, it is rought but you get the idea.

The first couple of shots are before the cut with some cardboard as a general mock-up. I decided ona 2.5" tall scoop.

These two are with the hood cut and propped up on blocks with alittle cardboard to sort of flesh it out.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Well this weekend I took the dive and cut the hood to start fabbing up a scoop to accomodate the height of the 4.6 engine (the engine required a minimum of a 1.5" extra room.) I am going with sort of a 68 Shelby KR inspired wide scoop with a bit of a Falcon twist. I have to go pick up some sheet metal this afternoon and then get to fabbing up the sides, front and back and weld/blend it all in to the stock hood. So far I am very pleased with the look of the mock-up, it is rought but you get the idea.

The first couple of shots are before the cut with some cardboard as a general mock-up. I decided ona 2.5" tall scoop.

These two are with the hood cut and propped up on blocks with alittle cardboard to sort of flesh it out.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.
      Maybe look into finding an aftermarket fairlane gta setup? The snout scoops and push them back a little to get you height?
      -Dave

Project George - '66 Ford Galaxie 500 fastback

Working on interior, body and paint now.
      Forged 306/C4. Collecting turbo parts for TT setup.

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

Couple of issues with the GTA hood. It will not keep the falcon style line up the middle of the hood and I would have to cut up an original steel hood. I do not want a fiberglass hood and definitely don't want glass bonded to steel. I have not found reproduction steel GTA hoods that I could use to cut up. I think this is going to work out, if not I can always find another Falcon hood and start over or go a completely new route. Only going to cost me some time and about $30 in sheet metal. Thanks for the suggestion though, no ideas are bad ideas.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Country Flag: Canada

Falcon scoop

I cut my falcon hood recently too...it is hard to make that first cut!

With mine I used a Cougar eliminator scoop and it did what I was looking for - "ram air into air-cleaner" type of flow path.

Looking forward to seeing what you final outcome is.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

I think that scoop will look great! Nice work so far

Few shots of the status of the hood. Was able to get the side panels fabricated and tacked in place as well as the leading front edge of the scoop (used 1/4 round stock to create a visually thicker edge.) Not sure what I plan to do on the back side, probably clean it up (also with a 1/4 round edge) and then leave it open as a vent. It has a Mopar-esque look to it but I dig it, helps add some agression to the cars front end.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

Country Flag: France
      That hood is tits, liking the fact that it is not a flat top scoop, definitly sets it off! Congrats!
      1972 Nova " Hotwhilz Special"

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t&goto=newpost Under the knife!

More work done on the hood, for the unskilled guy like myself, metal work takes a ton of time. Great respect for the shops that turn out art, mine is not art but it is getting where I want it. Also picked up a Fluidine Radiator 06 Mustang fitment, it is a beefy unit and should have no issue colling my little 4.6, even with a blower. It will take some work to get it to fit, but what doesn't.

Changes on the hood from my last post. Took the "peak" out of the center of front of the raised section and rounded it off for a better transistion. Also added the curved center support and the "buttresses" on the outer edges to help blend the raised oprtion into the lower. I got some inspiration from a GT350 clone I saw last week at a car GTG. Also extended the rear to overlap the cowl, there is still a nice 1" "vent" slot across the rear. Still have some clean-up and other work to do, but I am pleased with the look. Adds some needed agression to the car yet still works with the stock lines.

Let me know what you think.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

Been working on the front end bodywork a bit. I have cut down the 65 Mustang front bumper (lopped off the side winglets) and sectioned/widened the lower valance to fit the width of the Falcon, oddly enough the front end of the Falcon is 3" wider than the 65 mustang. I will get up some pics. Also finished the new lower radiator core support/front beam. Funny that Ford used the exact same profile on the Falcon and the mustang so the bumper fits the bodylines perfectly, including the peak in the center.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Hood scoop

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Been working on the front end bodywork a bit. I have cut down the 65 Mustang front bumper (lopped off the side winglets) and sectioned/widened the lower valance to fit the width of the Falcon, oddly enough the front end of the Falcon is 3" wider than the 65 mustang. I will get up some pics. Also finished the new lower radiator core support/front beam. Funny that Ford used the exact same profile on the Falcon and the mustang so the bumper fits the bodylines perfectly, including the peak in the center.
      Intake air won't have a chance ! Hood scoop is kickin. T

Should look nice!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com