Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
      Very cool build. I almost went with that wheel choice as well. Love the look. Theres a similar build on tffn. My next step is paint and body and was considering the gold tint for my wheels as well. I like the gold tint, reminds me of old european race cars for some reason.

Money, girls and cars...big ol' long cigars!

1964 Mercury Comet
      90's 302HO, F303, Vic Jr, AFR 165's, 650DP, full roller, full MSD, WC T5
      18x8 245 up front, 18x9 275 out back
      KYBs, sway, 620 coils, stiff leafs relocated inboard
      13" Late Model Cobra Brake Setup

Country Flag: United States
      I rebuilt the narrowed rear and painted it up to look all nice and pretty. Only kicker is that I will have to tear it back down to isntall the Wilwood parking assembly, oops.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Work had me out of town and then life has just been kicking my butt lately so no time to get the rear brakes on. I did unpackage them to make sure all the bits are there and also realized I have to pull the axles back out to slide ont he parking brake assembly. Here are a couple of pictures of the brakes. They are the new two piston floating caliper kit from Wilwood, 12" zinc plated drilled and slotted to match fronts.

Maybe this weekend I will be able to get these on and actually set the car down on all four wheels, first time since it went up into the air a year ago.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

You could always take this time to order a nice machined aluminuf differential cover. :-)

Looks great man!

I placed a order for my TCI 4 link kit two weeks ago. Thanks! LOL!

Steve

Thought about the diff cover, but it is more of a dress item than performance in my case (won't be running massive power) so I figured the $150 was better spent elsewhere. It is an easy swap out later if needed.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Country Flag: Canada
      That is a very sweet Falcon. I am subscribing.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      That is a very sweet Falcon.
      Thanks!
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Sweet build! Great wheels, the err look especially beefy with the dish.

Jeff -- 96 Mustang - 2V Stroked Modular Turbo // 13 RAPTOR // 67 Mustang Fastback build - Coyote 5.0

I was able to get the Wilwood kit installed late last week. Really nice kit for the rear, especially for a floating caliper. The amazing thing is that this kit is made for the big bearing Ford rear and yet it bolted up to my explorer rear without modifications, like the kit was designed for it. This kit has full parking brake function and uses the 12" rotor with the two piston D154 GM caliper. It matches the fronts perfectly although they do get lost in the deep dish of my rear wheels. Over all I am thrilled with the kit and can't wait to get this thing out on the road and test out the full Wilwood package.

Here are a few pictures of the kit installation.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

Finally on the ground!!!

Huge moment for me.... FINALLY HAVE IT SITTING ON ALL FOUR WHEELS!!!! First time it has been back on the ground since a year and a half ago when I rolled it into the garage to begin the tear down. The pictures do not do it justice, in my small gagrage I could not get a really good angle to show how low and wide it looks. I love it!! Also love how fat the rear tire looks under the small body of the Falcon. In final form the front will be about another half to inch lower, the rear is sitting perfect.

Next up I will get it up on the cribbing and build subframe connectors and other reinforcement for the chassis. I noticed just how much of a wet noodle the chassis is when setting it down on the ground, man does it flex around. Then I will move on to replacing the floor pans and shoehorning in the 3v 4.6 and TR3650.

I have to shout out a special thanks to Jason and TCI for the trick suspension and the awesome customer support, I decided to modify just about every part they sent me, in hind sight I should have had them just send me everything as an unwelded kit. I ended up cutting most things apart and then reconfiguring it to fit the car and accomodate the wide tires.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

looks killer.....makes me want to go get this

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2877909011.html
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Hold out for a hardtop, sleeker body style.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Craigs73, That looks to be pretty clean for a Midwest car. Maybe not as sleak as a HardTop. But still nice.

LowFast, looks great man. Can't wait to kit my kit now. I got the 8" style coilover mounts with mine. I'm using a 8.8 right now. My car is in storage at this time.
      What is the diameter of the Explorer 8.8 axle tubes?

Thanks,
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      LowFast, looks great man. Can't wait to kit my kit now. I got the 8" style coilover mounts with mine. I'm using a 8.8 right now. My car is in storage at this time.
      What is the diameter of the Explorer 8.8 axle tubes?

Thanks,
      Steve
      Officially I think it is supposed to be 3.25" Mine was at 3.3" using a pair of calipers to measure. You will have to modify the 8" mounts to work on the 8.8 axle. Unfortunately TCI does not make a bracket big enough to slide on to an explorer 8.8. The good news is that the explorer has some beefly tubes and axles, more so than the mustang 8.8, that can handle just about anything you throw at them.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Ok, Thanks for checking that.

Steve

WOW looks great! love the wheels!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Lowfast, love those wheels!!! I've been looking for some minilite clones for awhile in an 18x12 and the ET3s are the answer to my problem. The car is looking great!

I love them, the quality is awesome, but be aware the 18x11's in a two piece were a pretty penny. Took three barrels to get the offset that I wanted, ended up about $650 bones each, ouch. But all that being said I love them and would do it again, they give a perfect old school trans-am look.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

This is a good looking car in person. Nice work!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Thanks, it was good to meet you and best of luck on your rear-tubbing.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com